General Mateo Again Overlooked By Origin Selectors

• Thread starter Vodafone Warriors
  • Start date

Vodafone Warriors

Vodafone Warriors back rower Feleti Mateo (pictured) has again been bypassed by the New South Wales selectors for June 13's State of Origin II against Queensland in Sydney. Photo: Photosport.

Continue reading...

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Hamilton, New Zealand
Lol he's been absolutely shit. The invisible man. He wasn't overlooked, they just couldn't find any vision of him playing from the last few weeks to justify inclusion.

smc

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Those experts tipping him to make the side obviously haven't seen a warriors game this season play this season.

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Been very disappointing this year F Martel . Sort of in the Inu class. Got a shitload of talent but we don't see enough of it on a consistent basis. I'm an ex pat living in Sydney and wondering what the league public in NZ thinks of Blueys coaching/ selections this year, now we're at the halfway mark of the season

Inruin

.... LOADING ....
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Been very disappointing this year F Martel . Sort of in the Inu class. Got a shitload of talent but we don't see enough of it on a consistent basis. I'm an ex pat living in Sydney and wondering what the league public in NZ thinks of Blueys coaching/ selections this year, now we're at the halfway mark of the season
shit. had a lot of hope for this season with bluey. has gone down hill rapidly from there

facefacts

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 26, 2012
He has the third most running meters for a forward, only 15 meters behind Packer, and has equal top off-loads for the team....i seem to remember him copping all sorts
of criticism last year for throwing off-loads that weren't on, this year he is far more controlled....he may not get that miracle off-load once per game he used too, but he's
not giving away the same number of errors either. Currently thats exactly the play we need from him, there are enough errors coming from the rest of the team.

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2012
Invercargill
He has the third most running meters for a forward, only 15 meters behind Packer, and has equal top off-loads for the team....i seem to remember him copping all sorts
of criticism last year for throwing off-loads that weren't on, this year he is far more controlled....he may not get that miracle off-load once per game he used too, but he's
not giving away the same number of errors either. Currently thats exactly the play we need from him, there are enough errors coming from the rest of the team.
But it doesn't really make him a great selection. He is offering very little. We need something different right now. Perhaps a few lucky offloads could be a catalyst for something.

OMG

Warriors 1st Grader
May 18, 2012
Churchur
But it doesn't really make him a great selection. He is offering very little. We need something different right now. Perhaps a few lucky offloads could be a catalyst for something.
He is in at 1st receiver far too often and when he is there more often than not he is taking a ridiculous hit up, he reminds me of a rookie not too sure how to get other players to do what he wants them to.

Kaizen

NSW Cup Player
May 15, 2012
Agree he barely deserves to hold his place in the Warriors let alone make origin. Do these guys even watch our games.

smac19

NSW Cup Player
May 18, 2012
He is in at 1st receiver far too often and when he is there more often than not he is taking a ridiculous hit up, he reminds me of a rookie not too sure how to get other players to do what he wants them to.
exactly..just dumb s**t 2 be there in the 1st place...he should be copying glen stewart & terrorizing out wide 2 set up Konrad

his defence is kaka too...him & Brown were playing f****n jockeys yesterday...dont jump on his back, bloody tackle him

Inruin

.... LOADING ....
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
so what has changed from last year where i thought he was fairly imppressive despite the odd lose carry or dumb attempt at offload. he has a real presence in a game if he wants to use it/is allowed to use it. again i think some consistancy in where he is picked and played and define his role and he will be back

OMG

Warriors 1st Grader
May 18, 2012
Churchur
so what has changed from last year where i thought he was fairly imppressive despite the odd lose carry or dumb attempt at offload. he has a real presence in a game if he wants to use it/is allowed to use it. again i think some consistancy in where he is picked and played and define his role and he will be back
I agree with that, he is trying to be involved but just seems to be at the wrong time and not organising himself around his halves.

Kaizen

NSW Cup Player
May 15, 2012
Didn't Ivan state last season that he wanted Martel to play as a ball runner and defensive secondrower when he came over from Parra last year?

OMG

Warriors 1st Grader
May 18, 2012
Churchur
Didn't Ivan state last season that he wanted Martel to play as a ball runner and defensive secondrower when he came over from Parra last year?
For Me he is overdoing the defence and injecting himself at the wrong moments and also seems to be over calling both halves. A few of his hit ups yesterday you could see Props ready to go and he gets in flat and wastes a hit up. I know he was playing standoff for a while but boy he has a terrible pass.