New Zealand Warriors
Rep Honours
  1. NZ
  2. Tonga
Awards/Honours
  1. Warriors Captain
Status
Active
Really wish AFB never played that 1 game for the Kiwis.
It would be so good to see him and Payne Haas in tandem for NSW.

News has already spread to some of the Sydney club forums. Doggies, Tigers, Roosters fans on their knees praying AFB will be joining their clubs.

This is a massive blow to the Warriors. He was signed up with us through to 2026 I believe. This would be the second time he's asked to leave a club on "compassionate" grounds. Didn't someone post here that AFB appeared stand-offish at the Warriors club awards dinner? Seems to me he may have been thinking for some time about moving back to Sydney.

See previous posts - Compassionate grounds my ar3*

Kennel Enthusiast​

JoinedMar 4, 2018Messages1,625Reaction score958
Sep 16, 2020
Powerhouse Manly prop Addin Fonua-Blake has been granted permission to leave Manly, and Sydney, at the end of the 2020 season.

In a statement released by the Sea Eagles on Wednesday morning, Manly said they would "look favourably upon a request to release Addin from the final two years of his contract on compassionate grounds as long as the Sea Eagles receive fair and reasonable compensation".

The Sea Eagles have advised Fonua-Blake, and his manager that this matter needs to be resolved promptly so that all parties can plan for the future.

Fonua-Blake has asked Manly for permission to discuss future deals with a small number of NRL clubs outside of Sydney.

More to come ...

Let’s hope Barrett is after this beast!

Gutted by the news, vary rare that when a player asks for a release and they end up happily staying.
Wonder if it’s a workload issue? We were far to reliant on him last couple of years and it’s Not looking likely he was going to get any decent help anytime soon

I hope they can negotiate for him to see out one more season.
This would allow the club to now pursue a number of quality props available for 2025 which there are a few. Utoikamanu + Hamlin Uele for starters.

i have no idea how contract negotiations work obviously, but since AFB is contracted for a further 3 seasons, would it be that the warriors are able to dictate the terms of his release?

so like in theory; warriors want alpha prop from a certain sydney club so offer AFB in exchange for that player or no release?