Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
While I’m cool to see him go, the NRL have a problem on their hands.

They can’t register contracts for unders. So some club is going to have to find 1m/yr for 3 yrs. Even the dogs cant swing that. Maybe we will get the Fox
I have a feeling that his agent wouldn't have released the info if he didn't have strong word that a club was prepared to offload players to raise the full 1m for him

Ivan, you want to release the Fish, you want to release the Fish, you want to release the Fish
hypno-watch-pocketwatch.gif

I'm trying to use humour to cope, but I don't think it is working.

I can't see a club giving up a prop for another prop, even if it is a top-2 player at the position. And besides, the props that would work cap-wise simply aren't leaving where they are at. Feels like this is going to be a case of musical chairs

Fox going to the Eels, someone going to the Eels somewhere, we get a prop from that somewhere, and AFB goes to the Dogs- something like that, all I know is its going to be a mess

Ivan, you want to release the Fish, you want to release the Fish, you want to release the Fish
View attachment 4242

I can't see a club giving up a prop for another prop, even if it is a top-2 player at the position. And besides, the props that would work cap-wise simply aren't leaving where they are at. Feels like this is going to be a case of musical chairs
And the Warriors would be getting somebody that doesn't really want to be here.

View attachment 4242

No matter what happens we lose haha. There’s no possible way we win in this situation 😅. It’s not like losing a young Walsh, we are losing arguably the best prop in the game during the best years of his career. Fml

So what Dragons table a massive offer?

Fair he wants to go there he started there?

WTF? I mean can we get 3 for 1 and kick back?

This could open the door to a merry go round. I would see who else joins the fold.

Warriors got him under contract we are the drivers seat here. How after the year he had did we not extend him before international season?

CG, McFadden the hour has come, time to prove your worth and do the deal of the centruy.

There’s some great Kiwi players at some Sydney clubs that might be keen on a return home and the mind boggles at the possibilities. Could be ruthless and let CNK go and let AFB go to roosters for Manu and then use the money we were going to use for an experienced forward and CNK for Taumalolo with cowboys picking up some of the cost. Would imagine any club would make room for AFB, so we should see what we can get that semi fills his void as there’s very little that can, and add somewhere else in the squad.

So what Dragons table a massive offer?

Fair he wants to go there he started there?

WTF? I mean can we get 3 for 1 and kick back?

This could open the door to a merry go round. I would see who else joins the fold.

Warriors got him under contract we are the drivers seat here. How after the year he had did we not extend him before international season?

CG, McFadden the hour has come, time to prove your worth and do the deal of the centruy.
He’s contracted until end of 2026 I think.

And the Warriors would be getting somebody that doesn't really want to be here.

Trying to think happy thoughts and that there will be someone who actually wants to come here and help build something.

Dreams are free I suppose, even if we are living in a nightmare

Word on the Street he’s bunking with the Chooks…..

Shock horror aye..

AFB to the Roosters, Keary to the Cowboys (Chad "A real ___ guy" Townsend somewhere else in a different swap or something), Taumalolo here?

Goofy idea, just spitballing here

Terrell May going the other way?
I would be after at minimum 2 props. With significant upside but don't warrant that money yet.

But if we are a blooding club we bring in our own and wait to see who falls into our laps.

Webby will be able to convince people to come now. So far though he's only had to do it for TMM and Wiliame.

So be cool to see how much Pull we got. Imagine a scenario where we convince Riki and Sorenson to come. Or even better Lindsay Smith and Zac Hosking. 500 each.

Last edited:
Back