TeamList [2023, Finals Week 1] - Penrith Vs Warriors

The pessimist in me says his season is all but over with this from Cameron George.
Screenshot_20230908_110619_Samsung Internet.jpg

“He’s taking a long-term view on it but if it was a Grand Final or our last throw at the stumps, he would be playing.

“It’s a sensible move (to not play him) and it’s in the best interest of our footy team.”

The pessimist in me says his season is all but over with this from Cameron George.
View attachment 439

I have Ptsd from Steve Matai stripping Felete Mateo in like the 15th minute of 2011 and it going uncalled...We can do this it's about desire and will.. That first hitup and the subsequent ones will win the game...Afb to do a massif Sam burgess on tackle 1... Peace out I'm gone till Sunday..:)

Exactly what I wanted to hear. He could play if our season was on the line. I am still pumped and firmly we believe we can do this!
Same. We can do this.

The RV stuff shouldn't really be entertained, and not because he couldn't step up - he also has a knock out game for the ressies team which he has lead around for the majority of the season - the club needs to back their systems and have Volkman there in that set up for their most important game all year - its vital - it says you're doing right by everyone, so I applaud that decision as I'm sure it's what we will see.

Lessgo

With the talk of Webby (potentially) being down on Volkman, if that's the case... who's our 7 2025. No one else really coming through with big wraps, would we have to hit the market?

Still though, cut him some slack, he's only 21. Definately the right choice not to have him play this game panthers can arse fuck us with or without SJ depending on how the game goes, and if it was Volkman playing if that happens, that tarnishes his name, everyone will be off him and blame him cause SJ not playing, he'll be off himself confidence wise too.

It could be a looking out for his future not naming him, having Walker there adds more experience, its the correct and best choice given the scenario.

Volkman still has alot to offer once he gets regular time. Hes a key to why the NSW squad being carving up.

still confident we'll win this. The way they're talking, coaches and players, they think it too

Let's be honest we were never winning this game anyway so there is no point risking Johnson, next weeks game will be winnable so we need him fit for that.

Dylan Walker is probably the best bet to replace him for this game, our kicking game may suffer but our defence will be better and our attack should flow better.

Penrith would destroy Volkman and that's not what we need at this point, especially if we need him to play next week.

Same. We can do this.

The RV stuff shouldn't really be entertained, and not because he couldn't step up - he also has a knock out game for the ressies team which he has lead around for the majority of the season - the club needs to back their systems and have Volkman there in that set up for their most important game all year - its vital - it says you're doing right by everyone, so I applaud that decision as I'm sure it's what we will see.

Lessgo
100 percent agree

NSW Cup Warriors have a decent shot at playing in the grand final with Volkman at 7

The only reason they lost last week was the missing personel who were playing first grade IMO

Can wade egan manage the kicking game if he shares more of the hooking role with someone ?

Its unlikely we will know who is playing at 7 until saturday arvo i reckon, might as well keep the panthers guessing now that Ronald has been ruled out. Its of no advantage to the warriors to announce it until the last minute as much as we would all love to know the game plan.

He did didn’t he. Wonder if the private jet thing wasn’t as smooth or whether the decision not to play SJ was made on the plane. Fuck knows but he wasn’t his composed, happy go lucky self.
Or pissed that it got out so soon.... And after talking about how he liked that the club could keep things secret. I'm sure he would have preferred to keep it all quiet until an hour before kick off.

Or pissed that it got out so soon.... And after talking about how he liked that the club could keep things secret. I'm sure he would have preferred to keep it all quiet until an hour before kick off.
Even if he wasnt playing. As a team you would still want your star players along side you in the coaches box and in the sheds right ?

As a player of his position, you would want to be at the game with your team, not at home on the couch watching it on tv ?

Even if he is not playing there will be value to be had having him in the group for the occasion regardless IMO

Even if he wasnt playing. As a team you would still want your star players along side you in the coaches box and in the sheds right ?

As a player of his position, you would want to be at the game with your team, not at home on the couch watching it on tv ?

Even if he is not playing there will be value to be had having him in the group for the occasion regardless IMO
For sure. But I was replying as to why Webster might be a bit unhappy or flustered. I'm sure he would have preferred the news of the injury was kept inhouse for as long as possible

Let's be honest we were never winning this game anyway so there is no point risking Johnson, next weeks game will be winnable so we need him fit for that.
If the knights beat the raiders I reckon this game against the panthers is more winnable to be honest.
The knights are in red hot form.
I must be going crazy because I'm really confident we will beat the Panthers and everyone keeps on laughing at me and telling me I'm dreaming.

Back