Current Affairs California Dreamin'

Have the people obsessed with america in this thread actually spent time in america?
I've spent a bit of time there- cant say I ever felt in danger or anything. It does strike u how many homeless there are but idk- they don't seem to look at homelessness the way we do- its almost part of their culture- the wild west and the great American hobo and all that.
I read an article on the weekend that rated Auckland the most dangerous city in Australasia while Sydney was rated one of the safest cities in the world- who knows what to believe these days.
I've been around quite a bit of the world and generally find if you're looking for trouble you'll find it- if u use a bit of common-sense u can avoid it.

I've spent a bit of time there- cant say I ever felt in danger or anything. It does strike u how many homeless there are but idk- they don't seem to look at homelessness the way we do- its almost part of their culture- the wild west and the great American hobo and all that.
I read an article on the weekend that rated Auckland the most dangerous city in Australasia while Sydney was rated one of the safest cities in the world- who knows what to believe these days.
I've been around quite a bit of the world and generally find if you're looking for trouble you'll find it- if u use a bit of common-sense u can avoid it.
Yeah I've been many times over the years. And yes there is sketchy spots. But its a pretty great country.

Its always had some interesting & weird things happening. Just look at the Mansons / helter skelter in the 60s.

I know California would definitely be one of the better states to live.

only had time to get half way through so far, but that’s a great read man, nice one.
Yeah bro doesn't really fit the narrative of this thread. Longish read if you follow his supporting links, some of them are bit of a rabbit hole in themselves if you haven't seen much about the likes of Roy Cohn and bloody 8chan. Has local interest with Peter Thiel being a NZ citizen and Bannon funding Counterspin to radicalise the kiwi cookerverse.

Last edited:
Yeah bro doesn't really fit the narrative of this thread. Longish read if you follow his supporting links, some of them are bit of a rabbit hole in themselves if you haven't seen much about the likes of Roy Cohn and bloody 8chan. Has local interest with Peter Thiel being a NZ citizen and Bannon funding Counterspin to radicalise the kiwi cookerverse.
yeah man, it’s fascinating.
my sister and her husband went that route real quick through covid from having been quite the opposite forever.

and yes, i have absolutely ZERO doubt some in here will somehow tell you it’s all wrong without even reading it hahaha

Haven’t had time to read the article but if it’s about the illuminati and the 0.001% of the riches most powerful people in the world and their influence on society, then 100% believe they can and do influence the world we live in.

I strongly believe one of those 0.01% is a gay woke minority….
Your conclusion is the exact opposite of the post you posted and did not read it.