TeamList Team List Tuesday (2023 Finals Week 2) - Warriors vs Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to be that guy. Don't under estimate the Knights, they're on form and if we need to be on our game.
If we play the team list 1-17 as on the team list and so do they - then we are almost evenly matched with them except we have a more experienced bench. If we can stay in it the first 20 minutes then look for us to accelerate around the 20 minute mark.

There will be so many motifs
1) can SJ last 80 minutes
2) can egan last 80 minutes
3) can CNK last 80 minutes

Will Ford give away stupid piggy back penalties
Will Montoya continue his form slump

The game is in our hands. At our potential we are the better side. However we can easily have a number of things go wrong tomorrow to lose.
Knights have been great this year. We only beat them round one as Ponga got an HIA with ten minutes left.

If we play the team list 1-17 as on the team list and so do they - then we are almost evenly matched with them except we have a more experienced bench. If we can stay in it the first 20 minutes then look for us to accelerate around the 20 minute mark.

There will be so many motifs
1) can SJ last 80 minutes
2) can egan last 80 minutes
3) can CNK last 80 minutes

Will Ford give away stupid piggy back penalties
Will Montoya continue his form slump

The game is in our hands. At our potential we are the better side. However we can easily have a number of things go wrong tomorrow to lose.
Knights have been great this year. We only beat them round one as Ponga got an HIA with ten minutes left.
For me this is the game that the whole team really need to stand up and prove that they believe in AW and what he is trying to achieve. Apart from some nervousness around a sudden death game they have everything pretty much going for them. If they cant perform in front of a massive , vocal home crowd with as close to a full strength team as we have probably had all season, with the effort and improvement that the coaches have been trying to instill then some questions really would need to be asked of the players. This is the game that they need to repay the coach by showing they can do what they have been training to do. Resilience, discipline, completions, getting in to the grind, limiting errors and taking their chances. As much as this has been an amazing season, it will be a fairly hollow feeling if we go out meekly by not doing those things.

I don't discount the Knights and obviously they've played well to get to where they are. Similar to us, they haven't beaten any of the Premiership heavyweights, but I just can't shake the feeling that were a much better team than them.

There have been glimpses against the big teams in Storm, Penrith and Broncos this year, as well as big patches of games against the next rung down - Sharks, Raiders, Eels - that we CAN be a great team. Even last week with our intensity and defence against Penny at times...we looked epic I thought.
If we play half a game like that (and one decent half) I think we blow the Knights off the park. But the problem is, we often do lots well and then shit the bed with errors and penalties. That usually comes because we're fatigued and have put ourselves under pressure by dumb and low percentage plays, which I really hope we tidy up. SJ will certainly help with that.

If we get in to our groove and play error free, strong defence type finals footy I think we'll beat them by 18. If Jazz and Ford get in to a 'who can give away the most penaltys and error' competition I think it will be a long, sad night for us

I don't discount the Knights and obviously they've played well to get to where they are. Similar to us, they haven't beaten any of the Premiership heavyweights, but I just can't shake the feeling that were a much better team than them.

There have been glimpses against the big teams in Storm, Penrith and Broncos this year, as well as big patches of games against the next rung down - Sharks, Raiders, Eels - that we CAN be a great team. Even last week with our intensity and defence against Penny at times...we looked epic I thought.
If we play half a game like that (and one decent half) I think we blow the Knights off the park. But the problem is, we often do lots well and then shit the bed with errors and penalties. That usually comes because we're fatigued and have put ourselves under pressure by dumb and low percentage plays, which I really hope we tidy up. SJ will certainly help with that.

If we get in to our groove and play error free, strong defence type finals footy I think we'll beat them by 18. If Jazz and Ford get in to a 'who can give away the most penaltys and error' competition I think it will be a long, sad night for us
Great post

Meanwhile, the Knights will be without halfback Jackson Hastings (ankle) and back-rower Lachlan Fitzgibbon (shoulder) when they head across the Tasman to face the Warriors.

Hastings lasted only 40 minutes against the Raiders on Sunday after aggravating the ankle injury which saw him miss the last three games of the regular season.

Fitzgibbon has succumbed to a shoulder concern he has been carrying for the past month and will be replaced by Dylan Lucas.

Big out for the Knights

Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 5.05.41 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back