Tony Martin

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 4, 2016

Ref

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Rotorua
He's had his moments here and there.

But by and large did not appeal to me much.

Didn't think we really needed any experienced depth in the outside backs when we already have Ken, Fusitua, Ratuva, Hiku, Perham, Aitken, Pompey, Berry, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck who could all cover center or wing if needed.

We can only hope that his best is yet to come and he was pretty bloody cheap.
Hoping he is like Murchie who came with no raps and improved amazingly or go back twenty years to Justin Murphy who came not highly rated.

Dunedin warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 10, 2014
Admittedly he’s probably not a signing to get excited about, but we’ve squeezed some use out of players in similar situations like Ayshford and Jonno Wright. I would have put Jennings in the same category as Montoya before he played for us as well.

He’s probably around the same level as Herbert, which he’s basically a straight swap for. This is where you have to trust O’Sullivans judgement which is usually pretty good.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
He'll hardly get game time.
Fusitua
Maumalo
Hiku
Aitken
Pompey
Perham
Ratuva(On potential)
Berry

Are all in front of him.
Not even sure he's a good depth signing.
But will wait & see. Ill eat my jocks(Don't wear any) if he turns out to be the man.
Top 4 players absolutely. To suggest that the bottom 4, including two youngsters who are yet to debut are 'in front' of a player who has played twice the amount of NRL as they have collectively is a stretch...

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
Was my personal view bro. I've seen quite alot of Montoya. And rate Pompey & Hayze over him. Ratuva & Berry is definately a stretch.
I really don't want to see pompey and Perham fall off the cliff. These guys showed good promise in such a challenging year, I feel they are ready for week in week out football. I would like to see hiku make a move next year?

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings