Player Manu Vatuvei

da mad maori

da mad maori said:
Actually I cant wait for him to be in the forwards. He will, in time end up there. I just hope its with us.

Stick close to me Sinbad, You're learning fast my friend.

jahc_old

Robster said:
He was pathetic yesterday, at all honesty my Nana could of could of made a better attempt at fielding the ball, his errors wouldn't even be acceptable in bartercard cup and possibly boarderline fox, he is often out of place in defence, and that sorta performance deserves him a week off with Cooper Vuna coming in, ok I know the whole team was pathetic but his mistakes are bloody poor.

My changes next week.

Out Vatuvai-In Vuna
Bench Rovelli-Out Toopi-In Kerena
I'm having difficulty with listening to league opinions from someone who rates Justin Murphy.

milcr_old

The year was 2005, the Kiwis were playing GBR. It was a barrage of commentry which I will forever remember and provides a mouthwatering contest for Staurdays rematch between the Kiwis and the Lions.

Manu Vatuvei, 189cm, 109kg was up against Brian Carney, 180cm, 90kg, in what was quite possibly the greatest miss-match in professional sport since David Tua fought Lennox Lewis for the world heavy weight title.

Vatuvei receives a cut out pass and looks as though hes going to score. In his way, Brian Carney. In what can only be described as the biggest freak-out in world sport since JK's freakout for the AB's, Brian Carney stands aside and lets Vatuvei score. Several Vatuvei tries down Carneys wing has the crowd and commentators baying for blood.

Cant remember the guys name, but the ugly ESL commentator says, and I quote "I know hes the vice captain, but theyve got to get him off!! (in an english accent of course). Repeatedly throughout the match the commentator informed us of his opinion that Carney had to go. It was possibly the funniest moment of commentary Ive ever heard.

Consequently Carney came off and Im sure that this week he'll be having terrible nightmares about that game, possobily even wetting himself in anticipation!! Should be a beauty and I cant wait to see Vatuvei destroy him again!!

Jesbass_old

It was actually Carney being bundled over the sideline about three times that I remember most fondly from that match.

Round two was won by Carney a week later when he carved us up and GB beat us 38-12.

Northern_Union

Hmmm and then in the next match Carney had a blinder and played all over Big Vats.

The commentator was probably Eddie Hemming or Michael Stevenson or possibly Ray French (Ray French i believe is the greatest rugby league commentator theres ever been).

KeepingTheFaith_old

Carney had a shocker with his hands in that one, spilling several grubber kicks and bombs. It wasn't hard for him to get one over Vatuvei in the rematch though. From 1-17 it was one of the flattest Kiwi performances for some time.

commonsense_old

isnt it round 3??

round 1 belonged to manu while carney got retribution in round 2.

commonsense_old

isnt it round 3??

round 1 belonged to manu while carney got retribution in round 2.

kiwi man_old

will be interesting to see how they handle both tupou and vatuvei, i think they could cause alot of damage

Skinny_Ravs82

Jesbass said:
It was actually Carney being bundled over the sideline about three times that I remember most fondly from that match.

8) :lol: :mrgreen: That had to be the absolute funniest thing I ever saw from Carney! He's not alone in that department. Lots of opposition wingers have been flatted by Vatuvei since he's been around. Hehe. I wouldn't be surprised if Carney gets squished again...unless he has a plan. Whatever that might be.

Jesbass_old

Skinny_Ravs82 said:
Jesbass said:

8) :lol: :mrgreen: That had to be the absolute funniest thing I ever saw from Carney! He's not alone in that department. Lots of opposition wingers have been flatted by Vatuvei since he's been around. Hehe. I wouldn't be surprised if Carney gets squished again...unless he has a plan. Whatever that might be.

Probably the same plan he used against us the next time he played us when he ran rings around Vatuvei and scored two tries.

commonsense_old

brian carney is pretty strong for his size. i remember in last year's tri-nations he bumped off ben kennedy to score.

NSW-Origin-Fan_old

Do you reckon if Cleary trained him hard and well at Second Row, that he'd be our attacking weapon in the forwards? I'm getting sick of all these high-dropped balls! With his size, surely Cleary has a place for him in the forwards.

Thoughts?

Northern_Union

The truth is Vats is a winger and thats the way it'll stay for some time to come.

warriors4life_old

He could be nurtured into the second row over time but personally I think he is playing good where he is now, he just needs to improve his handling and he would be a much better player.

I think we have enough younger players like Mannering and Lauaki coming through in the backrow for Vatuvei to fit in there as well.