General Manu & Misi are confirmed as wingers for dragons game.

sebastian_old

Its confirmed, Manu in 2. misi in 5 ladies & gentlemen, we nearly have our best possible team,now to put george t on the bench instead of toops .I wish for cohesion & nothing else this week, cause if we play AS A TEAM we will win anyway. Great news. By the way byrne's the 18th man.

AliN_old

https://warriors.sitesuite.ws/plugins/newsfeed.cgi?rm=content&plugin_data_id=12505

VATUVEI AND TAULAPAPA CONFIRMED STARTERS AGAINST DRAGONS
Manu Vatuvei, back from his hamstring injury, and Misi Taulapapa will be the starting wingers for the Vodafone Warriors in their NRL clash against St George Illawarra in Wollongong tomorrow night.

TEAM NEWS

• The team flew to Australia this afternoon.
• Vice-captain Ruben Wiki and winger Manu Vatuvei are confirmed starters.
• Wiki strained a hamstring in the Vodafone Warriors’ final training session the day before the home clash against the Bulldogs on April 30. The injury also kept him out of the New Zealand side for the Anzac Test against Australia on May 5.
• On Tuesday, Vatuvei was named on the bench for this match against the Dragons but he has been confirmed to start on the wing in Wollongong tomorrow night. It will be his first match since the fourth-round win over Newcastle on April 2. He injured a hamstring in the Vodafone Warriors’ final training run the day before the home match against Manly on April 9. He has missed the club’s last four matches against Manly, Canberra, South Sydney and the Bulldogs. He wasn’t considered for the Anzac Test.
• Vatuvei scored a try in each of his first four matches this season.
• Misi Taulapapa has been confirmed as the other starting winger, set to make his third successive first-grade appearance. This week he signed a new contract to remain with the club until the end of the 2008 season.
• Todd Byrne has travelled to Wollongong as 18th man.
• Simon Mannering (19) makes his second appearance of the season, starting in the centres. In his first seven NRL matches last year, he was a starting centre three times.
• With Nathan Fien starting at hooker alongside Steve Price and Ruben Wiki, the Vodafone Warriors will field a front row last used in the final match of the 2005 season against Manly.
• Sione Faumuina will start at loose forward for the first time since the Vodafone Warriors’ round 22 match against Parramatta last year.
• Kiwi international Louis Anderson has been given a break for this match. Since making his first-grade debut in 2004, he has played 42 matches for the Vodafone Warriors and he has also been in every Kiwi team since his debut against Australia in October 2004 (13 consecutive test appearances).

things are looking up. Be great to see Manu back..

Wiki_old

WOOOOOHOOOOO

I can't wait for this game! Coach Cleary must be listening to a few of us on here. Toddy has earnt that 18th spot :p

Jesbass_old

I've got to admit, it show that Ivan Cleary is prepared to make the big calls, and I think that's a good thing. Regardless of how this pans out, at least we won't die wondering about how this lineup would fare in the NRL. :)

2big2strong_old

I seem to think that everyone is getting a little over excited over Misi Taulapapa. Sure he's ten times better than having Byrne there but he really is a fairly average player. He is one of the smallest warriors in history!! kind of remind you of something? Justin Murphy? Great at Reserve grade level where they have the speed to burn around slower players. at NRL, there is no room for small wingers, sidelines, bombs. The average height and weight for an NRL winger these days is 6'1" and 90kg's, Misi is a tiny 5'8 and 78kg's. Utai was good for a couple years but had the advantage of having Nikau Stumps for legs. Misi will be great for us for the time being and i am absolutely stoked he has re-signed! but as far as comparing him to "tuqiri / Sailer" that's just straight up ridiculous.!!

I hope I have to eat my words and he becomes a great player!
(maybe at fullback!)

JonB_old

I think Misi plays above his weight, and compared to Justin Murphy he has a better ability to evade tackles with late hip movement and step.

Warrioraholic_old

Im happy as that Fien is in 9 and Roveli to 7, but I wonder if Hohia would have been given the nod if he wasnt out injured? He has the worst timing and luck. Poor old Hiho

AliN_old

Misi is tough and not worried about putting his body on the line, that's what I like about him..
Really looking forward to seeing how the two go.