General Mannering

RRG_old

Where has the attacking spark in mannerings game gone? A few years ago he used to show real strength in the tackle and scored a few trys when teams thought they had him contained but he just kept going.

For me he really struggled last year and was constantly solid but never at his best. I have found it hard to read him this year due to the injuries.

But watching today I was really looking for him to do something with the ball in hand. Luck has been ripped to shreds on these boards for being to one dimensional, but today Luck seemed to have far more fire in the belly and go forward then mannering did and the both completed 40 odd tackles.

I don't think Mannering is playing terrible, I am just concerned he hasn't been at his best with ball in hand for up to 18 months now.

Spence_old

Agreed, although he did have a strong game, ball in hand, a few weeks ago. On Luck, I've been impressed with his go forward lately, I'm not sure what his stats are, and I'm sure they won't be too impressive, but he has improved his strength in the tackle (on offense) ten fold.

Fazz_old

I don't think Mannering has been very good since the world cup to be honest. I cringe when he gets the ball as much as i do when Luck does...