Manly hit with salary cap breach notice

Discussion in 'NRL News' started by NRL RSS Feed, Dec 11, 2017.

1. NRL RSS Feed
    Join:
    Feb 20, 2013

NRL RSS Feed NZ Warriors

The Manly Sea Eagles are unlikely to be able to sign new players for 2018 after being hit with a breach notice by the NRL for salary cap infringements.

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

2. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

I was watching NRL 360 last night. There seems to be an undercurrent of suspicion about the way the NRL is handling the salary cap, including the Manly affair. Apparently after the Parramatta breach there were 13 player agents investigated and only 1 was dealt with. One of the commentators suspected that most were ignored because of information they have on other salary cap breaches. I recall Todd Greenberg was on the verge of suspicion when he was at the Dogs. Apparently things were discussed with a player agent in his presence but he denied knowing anything of it. It sounds like Greenberg is getting very unpopular, not just because of refereeing issues. The NRL management sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

3. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Pozza 1st Grade Fringe

There’s a real smell about Greenberg. Too many unanswered questions

4. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Check this site out... Link has been hidden. Please Register to view. :eek:

5. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Pozza 1st Grade Fringe

Page has been removed

6. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

I found it by chance. There are others. What surprised me were the press releases from within Australia about the guy that we don't see here. He really is unpopular with many of the comments repeating what we say here, especially about the referees.

7. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Pozza 1st Grade Fringe

Not the smooth operators he would appear to be. The Commission just as useless. Can anyone tell me in all the time Wayne Pearce has been on the Commission what he’s actually done or said, other than defending his son when he was humping a dog.