International Pacific Championship

I don't recall this happening with the Kiwis in other tournaments, will be interesting to see how this works out.

Samoa’s team looks pretty good. I’d have Volkman over Asi at 7 though.

Looking forward to seeing that young fullback again. He was so good in his Storm debut

Anyone know if the games will be on the radio?

Good luck bro, I used to listen to games on the Radio for years.

The Australian games should be broadcast on their networks. Hopefully someone here will know about the others.

The Tonga England games should be on Pom Radio.

It's been said before but I really think taking the Samoa test to Eden Park is a stupid idea.

Given that they're unlikely to get more than 25k, why not play it at Mt Smart? A half empty Eden Park is going to be nowhere near the same atmosphere.

I'm still going, but don't know why the Kiwis seem to have EP as their home ground now. Bizarre from the NZRL.

It's been said before but I really think taking the Samoa test to Eden Park is a stupid idea.

Given that they're unlikely to get more than 25k, why not play it at Mt Smart? A half empty Eden Park is going to be nowhere near the same atmosphere.

I'm still going, but don't know why the Kiwis seem to have EP as their home ground now. Bizarre from the NZRL.

Agree, though, I do think the ARLC/NRL and the CBA issue is more to blame.

I think if it was the NZRL's choice we would be playing at Mount Smart, but I think either the ARLC/NRL are just so out of touch that they think an international with a pacific nation will sell out Eden Park (wouldn't be that surprising lol) or Mount Smart is in full concert mode after the season ends, and on 4, 5 months notice, they couldn't get the game there.

The venues for the whole series are whacky, AAMI Park, QCB Stadium for the regular games and Hamilton for the final is so random hahaha

Interesting, Madge has agreed to be the new origin coach for NSW orally.

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 11.53.09 AM.png

Surely Madge can do both NSW and Kiwis job.

It would be a conflict of interest if a guy like Phoenix Crossland becomes top, top tier next year- does Madge approach him with his Blues or Kiwis shirt on? I think we all know that shirt won't be black.

Stacey might not be a better head coach, but the Kiwis should always be coached by a New Zealander imo

Would this hasten the inclusion of Tier 1 players into Origin? NSW are more likely to be open to this than Qld who are more reluctant to open it up.