Support/Announcement Mainstream Media using NZW.com for content

Do you mind one of your posts being used by a mainstream media outlet ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snoopy

Sometimes it not the journalists fault - it’s a vicious cycle of less revenue for main stream media as newspaper sales have fallen, and as a result the number of journalists and the pay for journalists in these organisations has been cut drastically

surfin

surfin

Sometimes it not the journalists fault - it’s a vicious cycle of less revenue for main stream media as newspaper sales have fallen, and as a result the number of journalists and the pay for journalists in these organisations has been cut drastically

Paid what they’re worth then. Improve your product and get paid to match.

jonno

jonno

I liked it, especially when he was convinced of the merits of Sam Williams and Will Smith.

Budge is the most objective writer they have TBH. Skipwith reports the party line in the same way their rugby writers are co-signed by the NZRU
I didn't like him filling up pages of thread with what basically amounted to him telling people how to think.

I'm proud of my ignorance. It is bliss after all.;)

• Haha
Reactions: surfin and Defence
Sup42

Sup42

Contributor
Its going to happen but at the very least they should have had the courtesy to link the forum in the article. Not wait to be contacted. Using the forums name would have best.

What irks me is seeing journos ripping off points made by posters on here and stating the opinion as their own. I have seen a number of articles that were pretty much plagiarized articles of posts on here. Sup42 knows what Im talking about. Been awhile since I have a ripped piece but it was common 3-4 years ago.

Always nice to have rumours from here confirmed or picked up by media.

I remember a few members use to hate having Play The Ball here...
Yep, read some published material plagiarized straight from Wellys posts.

Cut and paste....so not even attempts to reword material.

Used to happen a fair bit to posters ideas.
I read print media, otherwise you wouldn't know.

Weird feeling when it happens.

Reactions: Miket12
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Administrator
This has happened to me, most notably last year with that article I wrote and they published it directly. I don't really mind what they publish, but if it's from here it'd be nice to have recognition, as we have some very knowledgeable people who hang around this space.

But yeah, if it gets discussion going and prompts them to report more on league then I have no real issue.

Reactions: mt.wellington
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
Yep, read some published material plagiarized straight from Wellys posts.

Cut and paste....so not even attempts to reword material.

Used to happen a fair bit to posters ideas.
I read print media, otherwise you wouldn't know.

Weird feeling when it happens.
The one I remember was Stone post about Kevin Locke a few years ago. He had laid out points for and against and those were basically ripped and printed under a famous former players column in the Herald...

Reactions: Sup42 and Stone
Beastmode

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor
This has happened to me, most notably last year with that article I wrote and they published it directly. I don't really mind what they publish, but if it's from here it'd be nice to have recognition, as we have some very knowledgeable people who hang around this space.

But yeah, if it gets discussion going and prompts them to report more on league then I have no real issue.

Yeah but don’t you think credibility goes down the sink if they recognised “Toiletduck aka Dr Faggot” as the source of their material??

surfin

surfin

So when it comes to these "paid for their opinion/knowledge" types, do you think the level of their stupidity is greatest in which of the following.

A) Thinking it's a good idea to blatantly plagiarise from here and probably other forums.

B) Think no one will actually notice.

C) Think no one will actually point it out.

D) Doesn't matter because I'm paid to do it.

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
I suppose if someone else has pretty much done the bones of your job for you why wouldn’t you take advantage and make your life easier I guess?

• Haha
Reactions: surfin