Support/Announcement Mainstream Media using NZW.com for content

Do you mind one of your posts being used by a mainstream media outlet ?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Stone

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Auckland
@NZ Herald

If your lazy journalists insist on using our forum posts to bolster the content of some of their lazy articles you could at least do the decent thing & offer some per diem

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12035046

For myself, my going rate is non negotiable but fair ... $9.99 per word per day of exposure

PM me for more details ... but fair warning ... I have been known to write much longer posts from time to time ;)

Seriously though, I already knew this was the case now & again, but what lazy journalism

Pat Booth, Terry McLean & D. J. Cameron R I P must be rolling in their respective graves

Juju

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2012
@NZ Herald

If your lazy journalists insist on using our forum posts to bolster the content of some of their lazy articles you could at least do the decent thing & offer some per diem

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12035046

For myself, my going rate is non negotiable but fair ... $9.99 per word per day of exposure

PM me for more details ... but fair warning ... I have been known to write much longer posts from time to time ;)

Seriously though, I already knew this was the case now & again, but what lazy journalism

Pat Booth, Terry McLean & D. J. Cameron R I P must be rolling in their respective graves

I think we should more look at this from what is best for the club angle in the long run.
The posts and interactions of the consortium are newsworthy. That Fale still cannot fathom that he is responsible for the mess is staggering.

I think we should be proud for playing a part in exposing the unsavoury nature of PSI bid.

Last edited:

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Hamilton, New Zealand
Since I'm banned from the other thread, I'll rephrase my thoughts here in a less aggressive way.

I am not keen on the slightest in supporting a club owned by a bigot. Should this sale go down, I will give serious consideration to finding a new team. I don't like Fale, I don't share his beliefs regarding gay marriage and I don't share his muddled vision for the club.

I will give this bullshit a chance, but I seriously expect it to derail our season and the club entirely.

Also, fuck the Herald. Dumbass clickbait rag.

Last edited:

Stone

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Auckland
I think we should more look at this from what is best for the club angle in the long run.
The posts and interactions of the consortium are newsworthy. That Fale still cannot fathom that he is responsible for the mess is staggering.

I think we should be proud for playing a part in exposing the unsavoury nature of PSI bid.
Yeah I get that bro & for the most part I agree

My position though is that my post is being used out of the original context I initially intended to bolster an article making claims of racism

I didn't actually write that post cos I thought GeoMan was being racist, I wrote it cos I thought he was being ignorant, arrogant & naive

But now it's part of a top headline sports story on a widely distributed national mainstream media outlet who are partly using it to bolster claims of racism

Utterly bullshit journalism from @NZ Herald

Woofa

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 25, 2013
Auckland
laughing now at his comments about being in wars etc and how people attacking him with words is lovely in comparison, then hes a cry baby in the media and the forum is a racist allegiance to the ARL?! Classic :)

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
If the herald want to repost my comments they can pay me for the content. And even then they need to tell me before I make the post that it's getting published. Otherwise they can get....

As for fake the racist bigot. He can get as well.

Get.,..

Reactions: ACT Warrior

Juno

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 2, 2018
I get your angst Stone about posts being cherry-picked to bolster a point. Rather bemused that my short time on this forum resulted in a post also being used to bolster Fale's dividing views and innuendo.
Your comment was fair and right btw and agree its lazy journalism, it's also quite manipulative...feeling slightly tarnished (or something lol)
Despite that, I'm a pragmatist and think once you write it down on a public forum it's fair game. That's why I try to choose my words and always give an honest opinion so I can defend it.
As mine was used in answer to the ludicrous insinuation that the warriors won 5 in a row because they were excited about their new 'owners' (fml) I'm ok with it in that respect - it portrayed what I intended in response.

However, would much rather the views of long-term fans and supporters (not forum posts) were aired in a more balanced piece.

Stone

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Auckland
My angst isn't really about @NZ Herald or any mainstream media outlet using forum posts from a public internet site

It's more about the death of legitimate investigative journalism

Back in the day legit journos used to put a lot of time, effort & care into their pieces before actual publication

These days these fuckin hacks just jump online & check Facebook, Twitter, SnapChat or whatever online forum they happen to stumble across & ... Hey Presto ... Let's print it !!!

Do your "job" & do some actual boots on the ground investigative work you lazy fucks

Sensationalism is not actual news ... it's just clickbait cannon fodder for the masses & a shortcut to thinking

Last edited:

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
In one way it’s good for the site, I noticed an influx of new posters last night and can imagine there’s a fair number that didn’t create an account visiting as well.
Personally I just come here for a bit of a chat so there is I guess a factor of violation from the herald akin to an interviewer eavesdropping and quoting you on some pub banter with some mates.
As a courtesy permission would have been nice but I’m guessing they don’t legally have to.
This isn’t the first time though is it? Didn’t mt welly get some of his jersey pics used in an article?

Reactions: snake77

kurgal

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 18, 2013
It's an interesting phenomenon worthy of discussion. I call it a regrettable development in modern (lazy) journalism, especially it would seem, in Herald journalism. Articles built on content taken from Twitter, Facebook, and now website forums. Lol.

Reactions: ACT Warrior

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
They initially posted the article with screenshots not mentioning the site by name or url, just calling it a "popular fan site". They only updated after they were told about their omission. They SHOULD have had the decency to ask the poster of the content and site admin as per the terms and conditions page, as well as attributed link to the site/thread:

https://www.nzwarriors.com/help/terms

Specifically:
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from the site's content author AND owner is strictly prohibited. Where approved by both parties, excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to NZWarriors.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content via an attribution link.

As a courtesy permission would have been nice but I’m guessing they don’t legally have to.
See above. They are supposed to.

They jump up and down when an article referencing their site is posted without the link/credit, but dont apply that same thought process to stuff they copy.

Didn’t mt welly get some of his jersey pics used in an article?
Yes that was thespinoff/radiosport.

All of them are the same. They want you to follow rules, that they choose to ignore themselves.

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
On a side note about lazy journalism, how do they know that it was for sure that George "Mac" Robertson had posted that? We were never asked. They looked to have taken our word suggesting who he was, and the custom title we put on him. By same token they know Sup42 as smneone called "Dave" or the fact that everyone here is a warriors first grader, or fringe or bench player....

For the record it was "Mac" but reality is nzh had no way of knowing. And it was poor journalism.

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012
It's an interesting phenomenon worthy of discussion. I call it a regrettable development in modern (lazy) journalism, especially it would seem, in Herald journalism. Articles built on content taken from Twitter, Facebook, and now website forums. Lol.
What I hate is these articles often have the full twitter quote in a screen shot where you can easily read it and then they also write the exact same thing below it in the article. It is lazy padding

kurgal

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 18, 2013
What I hate is these articles often have the full twitter quote in a screen shot where you can easily read it and then they also write the exact same thing below it in the article. It is lazy padding

Absolutely agree. I also hate those articles about a young deceased delinquent (usually in a crashed stolen car) who is described by the journalist as a "beautiful soul" or "angel" based PURELY on comments from their friends on Facebook pages.... it's a real insult to the readership's intelligence. Nothing factual, not even informed opinion....just rubbish, really.

Juju

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2012
The opinions of random twats on the internet isn't news (No offence, fellow twats). Its gossip. If I wanted to know how people feel I'd log onto Facebook or Twitter.

But the sad reality is that our media seems more concerned with writing articles about how people feel on a topic and not dig for news on the topic itself.
Usually I would agree - but the conduct of the people involved in the potential purchase of the Warriors is most definitely newsworthy.

Reactions: Worried2Death
Newcastle Knights McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle Rate Match

Last Game

19 Jun

4.2 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 13 ratings