General MAGIC ROUND NRL 2021 Round 10 - General Discussion

Bluecat again

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 30, 2012
A "Source" has told me that there are even more new tackle rules being looked at by league HQ to totally remove injuries from the game. Apparently they have had health and safety experts heavily involved
The plan is that when the defense gets to 2 metres away from the attacking player with the ball they will shout out "TACKLED" and the man with the ball and the tacklers will fall on the ground for 5 seconds. They will then get up and the tackled player will play the ball
This is based on a minimum of 2 defenders in the tackle
If it is a one on one situation the attacker can shout out "SIDESTEP" and run for another 5 metres then they all fall on the ground for 5 seconds
The exception to the 5 second limit will be when Melbourne is defending. It is understood that they will slow down the play of the ball by any means possible so an 8 second tackle period will be used
To maintain staff levels amoungst the medical teams every 20 tackles the ref will pat the top of his head and shout "HAITCH I A" and one of the tacklers will leave the field for an assessment

Or perhaps not?

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
A "Source" has told me that there are even more new tackle rules being looked at by league HQ to totally remove injuries from the game. Apparently they have had health and safety experts heavily involved
The plan is that when the defense gets to 2 metres away from the attacking player with the ball they will shout out "TACKLED" and the man with the ball and the tacklers will fall on the ground for 5 seconds. They will then get up and the tackled player will play the ball
This is based on a minimum of 2 defenders in the tackle
If it is a one on one situation the attacker can shout out "SIDESTEP" and run for another 5 metres then they all fall on the ground for 5 seconds
The exception to the 5 second limit will be when Melbourne is defending. It is understood that they will slow down the play of the ball by any means possible so an 8 second tackle period will be used
To maintain staff levels amoungst the medical teams every 20 tackles the ref will pat the top of his head and shout "HAITCH I A" and one of the tacklers will leave the field for an assessment

Or perhaps not?
Seriously?

With H & S consultants the falling to the ground sounds very risky. I heard they have proposed removing the grass and installing safety matting across the field.

And with all the yelling ‘tackled’, the players may need to start wearing hearing protection.

On that my wife works in a childcare centre and at a doctors check up the doctor recommended she get a hearing test as another patient in childcare was suffering hearing loss. When she asked what would she do if her hearing got worse, he said she would need to look at wearing hearing protection while looking after the kids... true story 🤦‍♀️

gubbbs

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 26, 2016
Knights fans must be gutted, really hope we aren't in a similar situation in 5 years time. They got all those spoons, then finally looked to be setup nicely as a 5 - 8 placed team a few pieces away from contending. Instead they didn't manage much of anything and are now getting flogged by the cowboys.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings