General Mad Monday

Fenderboy

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Went to the Kings Arms tonight for my regular Monday night music quiz and the Warriors were there on the piss big time.Some of them were clearly a little worse for wear but given their year thats understandable.Some of the guys had gone to the trouble of dressing up in costumes.I would have taken photos but probably would not have left the bar alive given what some of them were wearing.Pretty sure it was Elijah Taylor dressed as Captain American - full blown costume complete with mask & sheild:).Nathan Friend seemed more interested in betting on the greyhound racing from Aussie with Captain Mannering while James Maloney seemed to tackling a number of bourbon and coke rtd's:)

Est95

1st Grade Fringe
May 11, 2012
Auckland
Haha crack up, a few years ago my sister saw them stumbling out of showgirls (in the middle of the day) dressed up in wigs and shit, mad monday is fuggin crazy

koolkat

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Nelson
Are they still allowed to drink if their are injured or is cool because the seasons over,I'm with nig their should be out training and learning to tackle but I'd give them a week off and that's it before pre season starts

Inruin

.... LOADING ....
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Are they still allowed to drink if their are injured or is cool because the seasons over,I'm with nig their should be out training and learning to tackle but I'd give them a week off and that's it before pre season starts
from what i hear Ricky Stuart is giving the Eels the week off for mad monday and farewell burt and hindy. then 6 weeks of full on training so he can see what kind of players he has and who he wants to keep. hope we get a coach that is as hard nosed as ricky.

charlie bobmarley

1st Grade Fringe
May 16, 2012
Gold Coast
from what i hear Ricky Stuart is giving the Eels the week off for mad monday and farewell burt and hindy. then 6 weeks of full on training so he can see what kind of players he has and who he wants to keep. hope we get a coach that is as hard nosed as ricky.
I wouldnt describe our next coach as being hard-nosed but he definitely has large nostrils

Reactions: Swanley and Moz

Raurimu Massive

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 26, 2012
Whangarei
Two things:
1) Probably a bit prudish of me, but I have a million times more respect for players who don't go and get shitfaced.
2) I fucken hate Ricky Stuart, but if that's his attitiude, I'd have him as our coach any day.

Reactions: Akkerz and koolkat

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
I wouldnt describe our next coach as being hard-nosed but he definitely has large nostrils
What mook you talkin' bout?

Doesn't bother me if the team have time off - there's no point in them learning how to tackle and all the game-specific stuff before Christmas/New Year. four-five weeks off, back to pre-season training mid-late October.Comprising of Fitness, fitness and fitness and training players to be able to think when fatigued. Christmas break. Game-specific training from January onwards.

eamon

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2012
Wellington
I hope more of them 'turned up' for mad monday than 'turned up' for the last 4/5 games. Otherwise it would have been mutts, Michael, Luck, Manu, Simon Mannering, uuummmm, no, thats all I can think of
Sorry, Nate Freind as well of course

smac19

NSW Cup Player
May 18, 2012
they were all down speights house/gable's in Herne Bay

they got all the photos on their twitter pics

elijah the as capt america....shaun johnson came as his nickname 'princess'

no Borat though?

mode81

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2012
Time to get real with these guys get this mad monday non deserving celebrations out of the way and get your asses back in training. I'm with those that say they should get back to work straight away whether it be personal training or chucking the pricks with the dusty's and running the roads, show them what real work is and get them 'fit' while there at it. Certainly watching the finals series will be a very bitter pill to swallow.

Reactions: koolkat

Numbnutsnz

1st Grade Fringe
May 4, 2012
You reckon they deserve to celebrate that season?

They need to be held accountable. I like the fact the Eels are back training next week, it shows they are serious about fixing the problems.
I don't think they should be 'celebrating' but they should get some time away from the game. You can't expect them to be training and playing 52 weeks of the year.

And the difference between us and the Eels is they have a coach...

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings