General ma'a nonu

bigstuboy_old

Guest
seen as the all blacks seem to be wasting nonu's time why don't the warriors try grab him he would be destructive
 

warriorfaithful*_old

Guest
bigstuboy said:
seen as the all blacks seem to be wasting nonu's time why don't the warriors try grab him he would be destructive

Yeah i would love to see him here!! But hes not being wasted in rugby cos hes just got back from injury and thats why the all blacks havent been picking him, so therefore i highly doubt he would make the shift to league.
 

playdaball_old

Guest
He wouldn't go until at least after the WC. The Warriors would also be hard pressed to match his AB salary.
 

bigstuboy_old

Guest
warriorfaithful* said:
bigstuboy said:
seen as the all blacks seem to be wasting nonu's time why don't the warriors try grab him he would be destructive

Yeah i would love to see him here!! But hes not being wasted in rugby cos hes just got back from injury and thats why the all blacks havent been picking him, so therefore i highly doubt he would make the sitvh to league.

even when he wasn't injured he was playing awsome but still go with someone else what about wepu he's leaving rugby after the world cup he's a tough little player that could be a good hooker.
 

commonsense_old

Guest
nonu was in talks of coming to the nrl last year. but decided to stick with union till at least the world cup. i think the bulldogs were interested. but with the money he makes in union it is unlikely he will make the switch.

weepu on the other hand is a leaguie thru and thru. his dream is to wear the kiwi league jersey. he will come one day. i reckon once he has made his money in union then he will make the switch. i just hope the warriors pick him up when he is available. i reckon by the time he swtiches to league, steve price will retire. good timing
 

KeepingTheFaith_old

Guest
Seeing as Hame has gotten his act together wouldn't it be great to get Sione Lauaki over to the Warriors side as well.

11. E Lauaki
12. S Lauaki
13. Anderson

One guy who I always thought would make a great leaguie was Sam Tuitupou. His one on one defence is almost second to none. He'd be an awesome centre. I still haven't figured out why the All Blacks don't try him at 13. His hard running no-nonsense style isn't too far off good old Frank Bunce.
 

patty_old

Guest
ALLL I CAN SAY IS I AM PISSSED AND UP THE WARRIORS...WHOEVER THEY SIGN THEY BETTER SIGN SOMEONE GOOD TO REPLACE SIONE! I AM GOING TO THE GAME SUNDAY AND I AM ALREAYD JUNK... UP THE MIGHTY WARRIORS!!!!!!
 

-Dr.J-_old

Guest
KeepingTheFaith said:
Seeing as Hame has gotten his act together wouldn't it be great to get Sione Lauaki over to the Warriors side as well.

11. E Lauaki
12. S Lauaki
13. Anderson

One guy who I always thought would make a great leaguie was Sam Tuitupou. His one on one defence is almost second to none. He'd be an awesome centre. I still haven't figured out why the All Blacks don't try him at 13. His hard running no-nonsense style isn't too far off good old Frank Bunce.

I've thought that myself, but I know the answer. Not big enough, not enough pace. He's a line breaker but not as good in broken play. AB's like someone who can read broken play at centre.
 

KeepingTheFaith_old

Guest
-Dr.J- said:
KeepingTheFaith said:
Seeing as Hame has gotten his act together wouldn't it be great to get Sione Lauaki over to the Warriors side as well.

11. E Lauaki
12. S Lauaki
13. Anderson

One guy who I always thought would make a great leaguie was Sam Tuitupou. His one on one defence is almost second to none. He'd be an awesome centre. I still haven't figured out why the All Blacks don't try him at 13. His hard running no-nonsense style isn't too far off good old Frank Bunce.

I've thought that myself, but I know the answer. Not big enough, not enough pace. He's a line breaker but not as good in broken play. AB's like someone who can read broken play at centre.

All the more reason for him to come to league then. He's not a second five, at least not in the class of Mauger or McAlister. Mannering will end up in the forward over time, bring slamming sammy into the centres inside Vatuvei. At the very least it'd be entertaining.
 

2big2strong_old

Guest
Luke Mcalister considers league to be his first sport. he was brought up in england as his father was playing for leeds rhinos, luke represented his county in league before moving back to NZ and switching to the 'other side'

such a shame because im one his biggest fans and would love to see him applying his trade in the NRL
 

kiwi man_old

Guest
i have always thought of sione lauaki playing for the warriors, i reckon we should make a play at him once pricey or rubes has moved on. say we signed him for the 2008 season once pricey has gone, our forwards could look like this:
8.R. Wiki
9.N. Fien
10.E. Tuimivave
11.E. Lauaki
12.S. Lauaki
13L. Anderson

WHAT A PACK!
 

warriorfaithful*_old

Guest
kiwi man said:
i have always thought of sione lauaki playing for the warriors, i reckon we should make a play at him once pricey or rubes has moved on. say we signed him for the 2008 season once pricey has gone, our forwards could look like this:
8.R. Wiki
9.N. Fien
10.E. Tuimivave
11.E. Lauaki
12.S. Lauaki
13L. Anderson

WHAT A PACK!

WHAT A PACK is right lol. We would be unstoppable. :)
 

playdaball_old

Guest
KeepingTheFaith said:
Seeing as Hame has gotten his act together wouldn't it be great to get Sione Lauaki over to the Warriors side as well.

11. E Lauaki
12. S Lauaki
13. Anderson

One guy who I always thought would make a great leaguie was Sam Tuitupou. His one on one defence is almost second to none. He'd be an awesome centre. I still haven't figured out why the All Blacks don't try him at 13. His hard running no-nonsense style isn't too far off good old Frank Bunce.

I saw Sammy at a recent Warriors home game. He did play RL in his junior days for Te Atatu.

It was only last year that Sione Lauaki was talking about switching back to RL - PERHAPS it was time to resign with the NZRFU? The above is an all Tongan backrow.
 

warriorfaithful*_old

Guest
playdaball said:
KeepingTheFaith said:
Seeing as Hame has gotten his act together wouldn't it be great to get Sione Lauaki over to the Warriors side as well.

11. E Lauaki
12. S Lauaki
13. Anderson

One guy who I always thought would make a great leaguie was Sam Tuitupou. His one on one defence is almost second to none. He'd be an awesome centre. I still haven't figured out why the All Blacks don't try him at 13. His hard running no-nonsense style isn't too far off good old Frank Bunce.

I saw Sammy at a recent Warriors home game. He did play RL in his junior days for Te Atatu.

It was only last year that Sione Lauaki was talking about switching back to RL - PERHAPS it was time to resign with the NZRFU? The above is an all Tongan backrow.


Is louis anderson tongan!? I didnt no that lol. :)
 

Fobin_Hood_old

Guest
Yeah a cousin of mine who played in the Kelston 1st 15 with Sam Tuitupou said Sam was offered a contract by the Canberra Raiders in his 7th form year. Why he didnt take it I dont know to this day!!!!
 

Northern_Union

Guest
Having been at Kelston durring the G.Henry era i can tell you there was a big anti league movement by the teaching staff, my guess is that pressure was applied to Sam to get him to go with union.
But thats just a guess on my part from my experience.
 

Similar threads

2
Replies
31
Views
3K
LordGnome_old
4 5 6
Replies
103
Views
6K
Jesbass_old
Replies
19
Views
2K
Jesbass_old
Replies
8
Views
926
Skinny_Ravs82
mt.wellington
  • Showcase: Item
2 3 4
Replies
78
Views
8K
danyooll
danyooll