11 Martin
12 garner
13 yeo

14 peachey
15 smith
16 Spencer’ Leniu
17 hoskiing

That pack has not managed to replace Kikau

Spencer Leniu gives them a terrific impact off the bench and Yeo is arguably the best lock in the world the past few years

Nonetheless our pack is more consistent in its quality

We can win this up front

8 afb
9 Egan
10 bunty
11 ford
12 Marata
13 Harris

14 walker
15 Barnett
16 Curran
17 lussick

Seen some discussion on the resting of players in the final rounds. Andrew Johns wanting to increase the minor premiership money so fans still see the best players. That still wouldn't have helped for us and the Storm as we had a top 4 spot locked up but couldn't win the minor premiership.

From a Warriors point of view this was a good situation which we haven't been in for a long time. A spot locked up in the 8 with a second life.

Our guys will be nursing injuries like other teams after a such a long season. The travel also would wear on our guys so a week of rest for a few key guys.

The travel is one thing that hasn't been mentioned as the media all focus on the Australian based clubs.

Such a non story in my eyes

Top 4 locked up with one round to go

Yet no one wants to talk about the absolute farce of teams being forced to play mid-season without origin players

Just ask the Eels who finish 2 points out of the 8 and were forced to play us minus RCG, Gutho, Moses.

Either go back to the old finals system where it was possible for teams 3 and 4 to be eliminated in week one or get creative by increasing the salary cap for teams with the lowest 3rd party sponsorship in an effort to make the comp more competitive.

There have been only 3 minor premiers in the past decade!

Don't make a mountain out of a molehill when the top sides rest when there is nothing to play for.

So what do we think the blueprint is? Cause I sure as hell don't know...I missed the Penrith v Parra game from 2 weeks ago, and wondered what it was that got them to a solid W.

Thoughts?
Suffocate Cleary. Break Dylan Edwards with 80min of non stop killer instinct kick chase. Defend with mental steel. Own every moment. Contest everything. Disrupt their rhythms and put them under pressure that they don't like being under. Queensland showed how to do it. Tackle like buggery. Be exhausted and still keep pushing. Kill them basically.

Think people are to hash talking about how bad tmm was. To be honest he probably tried a bit hard. However he Was doing a pretty good job unlocking the no points left side.

My team.

1. Cnk
2. Dwz
3. Rocco Berry
4. Pomps
5. Montoya
6. Tmm
7. Sj
8. Afb
9. Wade Egey
10 Barney
11. J ford
12 Marata Niukore
13. Tohu Harris

14. Dylan Walker.
15. Jazz tevaga
16. Bayley Sironen
17. B siro

18. Bunty

This team offers so much. Most of this team has played together all year. (Besides of tmm and jazzy). I reckon we catch them out with our forwards distribution around the middles. Let’s hope Webby has the secret ingredient to nest the b2b premiers. #upthewahs.

Think people are to hash talking about how bad tmm was. To be honest he probably tried a bit hard. However he Was doing a pretty good job unlocking the no points left side.

My team.

1. Cnk
2. Dwz
3. Rocco Berry
4. Pomps
5. Montoya
6. Tmm
7. Sj
8. Afb
9. Wade Egey
10 Barney
11. J ford
12 Marata Niukore
13. Tohu Harris

14. Dylan Walker.
15. Jazz tevaga
16. Bayley Sironen
17. B siro

18. Bunty

This team offers so much. Most of this team has played together all year. (Besides of tmm and jazzy). I reckon we catch them out with our forwards distribution around the middles. Let’s hope Webby has the secret ingredient to nest the b2b premiers. #upthewahs.
Sironen is a 50 50 call for your bench but enjoyed how you double downed by naming him at 16 or 17

I think we're all in for a surprise this week...TMM to be a major differentiator and have a blinder opening up the left side. Panthers won't have seen this in their game assessments. All season it's more or less gone to the right. Not this weekend baby! Be prepared. Webby knows Penrith. We might just surprise all the pundits, imagine that statement on Saturday night.

Started the year with an edge of Ford, TMM , Williame and Montoya. Very effective imo.
The Right was Marata , SJ, Pompey and Kosi.

I think they might line up as Ford, TMM, Pompey, Montoya.
Leaves Marata, SJ, Berry?,DWZ

We have an opportunity to turn the final series on its head this Saturday.

Win against the Panthers and our chances of premiership glory sky rocket!

This opportunity is too great and the opposition to good, to go in with a conservative mindset.

We have to go after the the Panthers!

Ditch the versatile, small bench that covers the ‘just incase’ injuries.

Go the route of the South African Rugby team with their high risk, high reward, all powerful forwards bench.

Go strong with a bench of Mitch Barnett, Tom Ale, Josh Curran and Dylan Walker.

Bring the fire and intensity off the bench. Hold the middle at all cost.

Pray Eagan doesn’t get an hia in the first minute!

Up the wahs!!

Just realized the same 2 teams will be playing against each other 2 weeks in a row. Has to be a rare occurrence surely?
you would think but i can think of 3 times thats happened in the past 4 years
Raiders Vs. Sharks 2020
Roosters Vs. Bunnies 2022
Roosters Vs. Bunnies 2019

Watch the first half of our Panthers game in magic round. I think we would all be surprised how much SJ has slowed up with that quad. Seeing him move on attack and D is very different. Perhaps why we have been clunky and not put teams away. It very much affects the speed of the attack
Yes it does, no doubt.
However although his legs are slow, his brain is probably faster.
Andrew Johns played some of his best footy when he was carrying injury niggles.
I suspect that Webby is keeping his powder dry with SJ and Niukore, and probably TMM as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back