General Your 2024 lineup

RTS is a lock for one centre spot, no way they leave him out of game one except through injury. Pompey and Berry fighting for the other one. Ali will get a chance later in the year if he lights up Reggies.
Common sense prevails

No one is entitled to a guaranteed position.
Especially with the depth available.
Every spot has to be earned and I am certain Webster has outlined that to all players
I would say everyone is entitled to their own view
RTS did not come back to the warriors unless he was all but guaranteed to be a starter.
He has relinquished his preferred fullback spot to CNK. He sure as buggery isn't going to agree to yield the centre position to either Rocco Berry or Pompey on the grounds they are more experienced at centre than he is. Maybe if the incumbents were Gagai and Bradman Best like at the knights but our incumbents were highlighted by Mick Ennis before the playoffs started as the number one reason we had no chance of winning the premiership in 2023. He said the Warriors lack a strike centre and can't win this year. RTS is a strike centre. With him we have a shot at glory this year. If he plays reggies in favour of Rocco Berry I would say that Andrew Webster will be sacked half way through 2025.

RTS did not come back to the warriors unless he was all but guaranteed to be a starter.
He has relinquished his preferred fullback spot to CNK. He sure as buggery isn't going to agree to yield the centre position to either Rocco Berry or Pompey on the grounds they are more experienced at centre than he is. Maybe if the incumbents were Gagai and Bradman Best like at the knights but our incumbents were highlighted by Mick Ennis before the playoffs started as the number one reason we had no chance of winning the premiership in 2023. He said the Warriors lack a strike centre and can't win this year. RTS is a strike centre. With him we have a shot at glory this year. If he plays reggies in favour of Rocco Berry I would say that Andrew Webster will be sacked half way through 2025.
He’s going to have to work for it, it’s not like he’s up against Starford To’a.

I think he’s guaranteed a spot in the 13.

But he will need to earn it in that it he’s way off the pace with defensive reads he could end up wing?

Sure you like everyone else is entitled to their own opinions.
I would love to see RTS become the strike centre you are talking about.
Centre is just about the toughest position to be successful at.
Defence is vital as out wide its usually one on one.
Setting up wingers is the hardest art to master

I really hope he has a sensational season and is a great success.
He is yet to prove himself in the position and he will know that better than anyone

Tbh i always thought the "no ones guarenteed a spot" line is a bit redundant isnt it.

Of course everyone has to earn their spot. Tohu Harris knows if he turns up like a fat telly tubbie from an off season of excess, if he doesnt put in at training, runs around like a headless chook in game play training not sticking to structure.....then yeah come first game, he wont be playing.......Shaun Johnsons in the same boat, as is everyone in the club RTS included.

However these 3 players particulary are professionals of the highest order, u know that their going to put the work in, by the time that first whistle blows are going to give themselves the best preparation possible for success......so all things being equal i can pretty much say with confidence id expect Roger to be the first choice walk up starter at centre come first game.

Tbh i always thought the "no ones guarenteed a spot" line is a bit redundant isnt it.

Of course everyone has to earn their spot. Tohu Harris knows if he turns up like a fat telly tubbie from an off season of excess, if he doesnt put in at training, runs around like a headless chook in game play training not sticking to structure.....then yeah come first game, he wont be playing.......Shaun Johnsons in the same boat, as is everyone in the club RTS included.

However these 3 players particulary are professionals of the highest order, u know that their going to put the work in, by the time that first whistle blows are going to give themselves the best preparation possible for success......so all things being equal i can pretty much say with confidence id expect Roger to be the first choice walk up starter at centre come first game.
You would think so.
Hopefully he does a great job as a centre. Didnt really have an impact in the other code but who knows.
P.S. I have the greatest respect for his ability & work ethics.

You would think so.
Hopefully he does a great job as a centre. Didnt really have an impact in the other code but who knows.
P.S. I have the greatest respect for his ability & work ethics.
His tenure at Union wasn’t impressive for many reasons, not that he lacked the ability but hurdles mostly out of his control & he would’ve become an even better player with a stronger mindset when he hopped fences again. He gave it a go and it wasn’t a success, it just doesn’t always work out for dual code players. Union aside, he walks straight back in as far as I’m concerned…..why? Because he’s the superlative of professionalism so he’ll be making sure his (re)switch is not all in vain which will give him a spot as a starting centre. Not many players can do that but he’s the exception to rule. We lacked real strike in that position didn’t we and now we have RTS and he will know what he can bring and he’ll want to make a difference and do all he can to impress the coaches during preseason to earn that spot. The same can’t be said for CHT…..there’s a difference, I’m not bagging CHT but he’s not in the same category and pedigree of RTS.

His tenure at Union wasn’t impressive for many reasons, not that he lacked the ability but hurdles mostly out of his control & he would’ve become an even better player with a stronger mindset when he hopped fences again. He gave it a go and it wasn’t a success, it just doesn’t always work out for dual code players. Union aside, he walks straight back in as far as I’m concerned…..why? Because he’s the superlative of professionalism so he’ll be making sure his (re)switch is not all in vain which will give him a spot as a starting centre. Not many players can do that but he’s the exception to rule. We lacked real strike in that position didn’t we and now we have RTS and he will know what he can bring and he’ll want to make a difference and do all he can to impress the coaches during preseason to earn that spot. The same can’t be said for CHT…..there’s a difference, I’m not bagging CHT but he’s not in the same category and pedigree of RTS.
I am sure as all Warriors supporters are hoping you are right.He has all the right credentials.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck’s Warriors position narrowed down by coach Andrew Webster as pre-season heats up​

Warriors coach Andrew Webster has sent a clear message to his outside backs as pre-season ramps up: he will make no promises to anyone that their position is safe.

He centre, wing and fullback positions are all up for grabs and Webster laid it all on the table for his charges to take onus on themselves to grab a jumper.

“I threw all the outside backs in a room the other day and said, ‘Boys, it’s yours to go after here. Someone’s going to be sitting on the sidelines that’s a really good NRL player. So don’t be coming round one saying I didn’t see that coming, you should be competing for it now’.”

Returning superstar Roger Tuivasa-Sheck has added to what is already a sizeable talent pool for Webster to select from, with much discussion since his signing was announced around where he fits into this talented Warriors back line.

Webster was quick to shut down any suggestion Tuivasa-Sheck would return to his Dally M-winning position of fullback and hinted there may be a chance fans see him on the wing as well as centre.

“Obviously he’s not a fullback. The only way he’d play there I think is if he’s third choice. We want him to focus on centre, potentially even wing.”

Tuivasa-Sheck is no stranger to the duties required to be an NRL-level winger, having played there for the Sydney Roosters through the 2012-14 seasons, scoring 15 tries and winning a premiership.

He also shifted to wing when Reece Walsh played fullback for the Warriors under Nathan Brown.

Hinting that the edge is his likely destination, Tuivasa-Sheck said pre-season so far had been about mastering basics with minimal positional play.

“At the moment it’s all up in the air because all we’ve been doing is working on fundamentals, so we haven’t really done any edge stuff. The best we’ve done is maybe a five v six or a four v five so we haven’t really talked about positions.

“I think that’s a coaches’ question. I’m just here to learn the fundamentals, the basics. Catch, pass, inside shoulders, outside, just learning all of that.”

Another signing that is sure to add immediate impact at Mt Smart is that of Brisbane Broncos forward Kurt Capewell, Webster says what he brings is all of the “little things” that often go unnoticed.

“Kurt is an effort player. He will do all the little things people probably won’t understand or know he’ll also help our young players come through... he’ll do a great job with young back-rowers and when his time is done I’m sure the baton will be handed over to them.”

Capewell offers what Webster calls “a great motor” with an ability to hurt defences as they tire late in games as well as versatility across a number of positions.

“He can play 80 minutes easy. He can play left side, right side even if you threw him in the middle he could. If there was an injury half way through a game, he could play a bit of centre.”

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck’s Warriors position narrowed down by coach Andrew Webster as pre-season heats up​

Warriors coach Andrew Webster has sent a clear message to his outside backs as pre-season ramps up: he will make no promises to anyone that their position is safe.

He centre, wing and fullback positions are all up for grabs and Webster laid it all on the table for his charges to take onus on themselves to grab a jumper.

“I threw all the outside backs in a room the other day and said, ‘Boys, it’s yours to go after here. Someone’s going to be sitting on the sidelines that’s a really good NRL player. So don’t be coming round one saying I didn’t see that coming, you should be competing for it now’.”

Returning superstar Roger Tuivasa-Sheck has added to what is already a sizeable talent pool for Webster to select from, with much discussion since his signing was announced around where he fits into this talented Warriors back line.

Webster was quick to shut down any suggestion Tuivasa-Sheck would return to his Dally M-winning position of fullback and hinted there may be a chance fans see him on the wing as well as centre.

“Obviously he’s not a fullback. The only way he’d play there I think is if he’s third choice. We want him to focus on centre, potentially even wing.”

Tuivasa-Sheck is no stranger to the duties required to be an NRL-level winger, having played there for the Sydney Roosters through the 2012-14 seasons, scoring 15 tries and winning a premiership.

He also shifted to wing when Reece Walsh played fullback for the Warriors under Nathan Brown.

Hinting that the edge is his likely destination, Tuivasa-Sheck said pre-season so far had been about mastering basics with minimal positional play.

“At the moment it’s all up in the air because all we’ve been doing is working on fundamentals, so we haven’t really done any edge stuff. The best we’ve done is maybe a five v six or a four v five so we haven’t really talked about positions.

“I think that’s a coaches’ question. I’m just here to learn the fundamentals, the basics. Catch, pass, inside shoulders, outside, just learning all of that.”

Another signing that is sure to add immediate impact at Mt Smart is that of Brisbane Broncos forward Kurt Capewell, Webster says what he brings is all of the “little things” that often go unnoticed.

“Kurt is an effort player. He will do all the little things people probably won’t understand or know he’ll also help our young players come through... he’ll do a great job with young back-rowers and when his time is done I’m sure the baton will be handed over to them.”

Capewell offers what Webster calls “a great motor” with an ability to hurt defences as they tire late in games as well as versatility across a number of positions.

“He can play 80 minutes easy. He can play left side, right side even if you threw him in the middle he could. If there was an injury half way through a game, he could play a bit of centre.”

I have been questioned on here by some when I posted that everyone will have to earn their spots.
Should never be any guarantees in a GOOD NRL team

I have been questioned on here by some when I posted that everyone will have to earn their spots.
Should never be any guarantees in a GOOD NRL team
I was one of those people……my apologies but is was based on the mere fact that most of our previous coaches were too afraid to upset the apple cart and caved in to allowing certain players hold on to their preferred positions and/or give them one too many chances even at the expense of the team when they simply weren’t playing well. We have a bonafide super coach in the making at the helm now and there’s no nepotism. We thought the season just gone was great……this guy will take us to the next level. We’ve a lot to look forward to, I can’t wait.

I was one of those people……my apologies but is was based on the mere fact that most of our previous coaches were too afraid to upset the apple cart and caved in to allowing certain players hold on to their preferred positions and/or give them one too many chances even at the expense of the team when they simply weren’t playing well. We have a bonafide super coach in the making at the helm now and there’s no nepotism. We thought the season just gone was great……this guy will take us to the next level. We’ve a lot to look forward to, I can’t wait.
Good for you mate.
Having played a lot of footy everyone has to be up to standard regardless of the situation or your reputation.
Let's hope RTS kills it this season

Like you I am excited 😊

Two guys who featured heavily last year who have been all but ignored on here are Ale and Afoa. Both did the jobs given to them last year. Some seem to believe we are short an middles. The list as I see it is AFB Afoa, Ale, Zyon Maiu’u, Laban, Harris, Barnett, Niukore, Tevaga. Doesn't look short to me.
Yeah Ale is a bit of an unknown quantity almost. Bunty is the opposite completely known, predictable?
But yeah beginning to think Sheck could be a wing with Rocco and Adam as centre's.
Watching the game when Pompey steamroller Val Holmes got made to look like cornholio then offloaded for a try. Beast.

Back