Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
View attachment 4360

Doggies sound like they are done with Ray. Could get an absolute cheap steal here for a wealth of knowledge for our youth squad.
If we don't have anything else in the works I'd take him. He was their 2023 club captain before all that shit went down, so he can't be all that toxic. He won't need to take on any leadership at all in our squad, just hard mahi which I think he can do.

They can't make that offer he's still under contract. Even they aren't that amateur hour.
DRAGONS STATE THEIR CASE TO AFB

The Dragons have ramped up their $3 million bid to try and sign Dally M prop of the year Addin Fonua-Blake for 2025.

Widely-regarded as one of the best front row forwards in the NRL Fonua-Blake dropped a bombshell last week when the gun frontrower requested an immediate release from the Warriors on compassionate grounds.

The reasoning for the request is to be closer to his parents who reside in Sydney.

With St George Illawarra in the midst of a major shake-up since the arrival of new coach Shane Flanagan the Dragons have immediately set about pitching to Fonua-Blake why he should join the Red V.

A number of St George Illawarra players who also represent Tonga have been on the charm offensive about joining the Red V including Hame Sele, Moses Suli and Ben Murdoch-Masila.

Talks are expect to ramp up further when Fonua-Blake returns to Australia from holidaying in Bali.

Where it will get interesting is the Dragons are one of the few clubs who could afford to accommodate Fonua-Blake for 2024 as well.

The Warriors were swift to get on the front foot last week and stipulate the front row forward would be remaining at the club for next season.

Article about Dragons making a play for AFB in 2025.

Fonua-Blake, 28, is currently holidaying in Bali after representing Tonga in the Mate Ma’a’s Test match series against England in the UK.

All the players deserve a holiday, but.. how serious does this family reasons compassionate release look now ?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...AL2s6XSRIEY8gg8I8YY0AjdKKhJORq8KtV60PnWnkNRK8
Won't happen we want something in return which Dragons don't have even if they gave us 3 forwards for the price of one I wouldn't be happy their forwards ain't exactly the greatest
View attachment 4360

Doggies sound like they are done with Ray. Could get an absolute cheap steal here for a wealth of knowledge for our youth squad.
I'd be happy on a supplementary contract meaning he can train with us but is only allowed to play NSW cup till after RD11 unless we get a special exemption

If we don't have anything else in the works I'd take him. He was their 2023 club captain before all that shit went down, so he can't be all that toxic. He won't need to take on any leadership at all in our squad, just hard mahi which I think he can do.
He would have a real point to prove after the way he has been treated, if the deal were in our favour, I would also sign him.

RFM is an average injury prone player past his best, who has been only a part of a losing culture, and being cut as the Dogs are trying to change their culture. He's done in the NRL, ESL is his only option.

He's not a guy to spend a roster spot on, considering our need to develop juniors. Kalangi Going for example is a far better guy for the club to give a spot too, a hungry younger player with footy experience, who is a leader in the high performing NSW cup squad.

I'm hoping we see some Pre season pics and news shortly, there are always a few interesting prospects who pop up.

I can’t believe people are even mentioning a 30 year old, injury plagued, average as hell player who can’t make the Bulldogs team, in a position they are short on.

Guys we finished 4th, not last. We are not desperate!!!
That's the thing.
We're in the rare position of not looking for players turn is into a good team, where a good player but a bit of a git (Lodge-type players) might be worth a shot, but players who can keep us a good team. At minimum.
Maybe the decision to make RFM club captain is one that wouldn't be made now given whatever''s happened since he was made club captain (and the Bulldogs haven't gone public about any conflicts etc so far as I know.)

That's the thing.
We're in the rare position of not looking for players turn is into a good team, where a good player but a bit of a git (Lodge-type players) might be worth a shot, but players who can keep us a good team. At minimum.
Maybe the decision to make RFM club captain is one that wouldn't be made now given whatever''s happened since he was made club captain (and the Bulldogs haven't gone public about any conflicts etc so far as I know.)
From what I understand of the situation is he’s guilty of taking some players gripes to the coach, I presume he had the same gripes regarding training. Not sure if it’s due to training in poor weather already sick but he himself was hospitalised with pneumonia and lost 6 kg. There were other players such as Joseph Topine, who the club also took exception to but there’s been no reports of any of the other players being told not to return to training which would indicate this is about RFM himself. I would imagine he’s had a run in with Ciraldo and it’s untenable going forward. From what I read on the bulldogs forum and watching their recruitment over the past couple of seasons, I’m not sure RFM is the problem. He didn’t appoint himself captain.

View attachment 4360

Given the shit show he has had to endure and poor treatment for showing leadership acting on behalf of the polyneasian players when asked to.

He should stay and soak up that contract money. Get his injuries sorted and take a contract somewhere better after that.

How can they ban him anyways? Would he be a sufficient Prop replacement for AFB?

That's the thing.
On Lodge, what do we think Webby might have been able to do with his skill set?

Was Lodges beef with purely with Mr. Alpha? Or was it something else. Cos under Webby he might have regained his "love" for the club. And deliver a AFB like performance.

Is Shawn Blore on Offer? I feel like he could be a easily converted forms edge forward to prop.

On Lodge, what do we think Webby might have been able to do with his skill set?

Was Lodges beef with purely with Mr. Alpha? Or was it something else. Cos under Webby he might have regained his "love" for the club. And deliver a AFB like performance.

Is Shawn Blore on Offer? I feel like he could be a easily converted forms edge forward to prop.
Come on folks. Lodge? RFM? We're really scraping the barrel here.

Back