Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
I think Ford will be a good bench prop, or starter for us who can play long minutes, he’s got the motor.

That could allow Sifakula or Halasima to share that edge, or sign someone like Tupouniua

Last edited:
New players have been put onto the team page at the Warriors site, counted 28 and that’s with Zyon Maiu’u and Laban who are on development contracts I think? Makes 26 if so? Really like the look of our squad when looking amongst the team and fairly good depth everywhere because of players being able to play in multiple positions.

New players have been put onto the team page at the Warriors site, counted 28 and that’s with Zyon Maiu’u and Laban who are on development contracts I think? Makes 26 if so? Really like the look of our squad when looking amongst the team and fairly good depth everywhere because of players being able to play in multiple positions.
They are both top 30 this year

This site has us with 4 spots remaining and also still has Lingi Kepu listed. Is there any missing on it?
Best place to look is the NRL app. Under signings tracker. Confirms we have 28 signed to the top 30. Zyon Maiu’u and Jacob Laban both in that top 30.

Hi peeps. Been reading for years but finally bit the bullet and registered. My personal opinion on tupouniua is no. We have an abundance of gun 2nd rowers coming through. If they come good we'll be screwed with purchases like that. Toni Tupouniua is a prop at least and let's see if webby can work some magic on him, if, he has been signed. Prop/front row(whichever) is far more concerning. Does anyone seriously think of a union player, oz or nz, that could make the transition and is willing to? With the exemption, it's worth a look I'd think? All in all, I'm slightly disappointed that we haven't signed a big body to help AFB. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers I suppose....

We can speculate what $ would be fair when it comes to negotiations. But my opinion is, the longer the contract is, the less the $ should be. So if Tohu wants the Warriors to commit to a 3 year deal, then I'd suggest the $ would be only about 65-75% of that if he wanted a 1 year deal. But if he takes the high value 1 year deal he can back himself to sustain the quality we saw in 2023, and keep extending by 1 year at a time at a high value.
No way, way to important to lose we offer him let's say 650k, realistically, A lot of other teams would offer him 750k+ & we'd lose him unless he's loyal and not about the money but who isn't about the money these days, at this point of time him, SJ, Egan, AFB are probably our most important players atm until Webby realizes Berrysiah is the star of this team 😝

No way, way to important to lose we offer him let's say 650k, realistically, A lot of other teams would offer him 750k+ & we'd lose him unless he's loyal and not about the money but who isn't about the money these days, at this point of time him, SJ, Egan, AFB are probably our most important players atm until Webby realizes Berrysiah is the star of this team 😝
He turns 32 in January and is already being held together with several rolls of strapping tape every game.
Not many teams (if any) will be willing to gamble 750k+ on a 3 year deal to any player, let alone one from another club.
Odds are by the third season (2027) he's spending more time on the sideline recovering from injury than on the field.
Hence my suggested lower offer for 3 years, but better offer for 1.
Possibly there's a happy medium for 2 years.

He turns 32 in January and is already being held together with several rolls of strapping tape every game.
Not many teams (if any) will be willing to gamble 750k+ on a 3 year deal to any player, let alone one from another club.
Odds are by the third season (2027) he's spending more time on the sideline recovering from injury than on the field.
Hence my suggested lower offer for 3 years, but better offer for 1.
Possibly there's a happy medium for 2 years.

Yeah mate I agree totally.
Pre 2021 Tohu was playing 80 min every game unless he was injured, in the last 3 years he's dropped to 68 minutes a game, and this will only continue to drop the older he gets.
Given his recent injury history too, and how he looks like he's busted almost every game I think it's pretty unrealistic to think he's going to play another 4 years the way he plays. Father time stops for no one and sadly, I don't think Tohu would be the exception.
I'd be happy at 2 years for 650-700k, knowing his role will get smaller in these next 3 years

Wondering what people think on Maia Sands and whether he’d be worthwhile replacing TSS on a development contract if he’s gone? Has come through a bit later due to fracturing his neck in 2018? but was highly rated as a hooker coming through around 2016. Saw him later in the season in nsw cup and was impressed, he’s played hooker twice this season where in 1 game made 55 tackles and missed 1. Seems to play predominantly at lock and second row being a bit bigger.

Back