Post Match 2023 Warriors vs Knights - Week 2 Finals (Post Match)

vs

-

MATCH COMPLETE

01 Jan 1970

Match Stats

Tries
Conversions
/ Field Goals /
/ 2P Field Goals /
Try Assists
% Possession %
/ Set Completion /
Time in Opposition Half
Metres Gained
Dropouts
Dummy Half Runs
/ Kicks/Kick Metres /
40/20
20/40
Offloads
1 on 1 Steals
Line Breaks
Line Break Assists
Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

And Flegler vs ?
Barnett?
Jazz?

Or the mighty Bunty

Watched it last night with the mother-in-law who is an All Blacks / rugby fan who doesn’t usually watch league.

Some things she mentioned during the game..

“wow, this game is fast, it doesn’t stop”.

“do they (the backline) practise that? they all know automatically where to run and who to pass to”.

“is that the one with the sore leg?”

“this is faster than rugby”

“That grizzly ones good”

“up the wahs!”

Having watched the replay I noticed CNK has introduced a bit of a dummy pass in this game. Saw it a few times when he was running in near the middles and thought that was SJ :ROFLMAO:

Also that pop pass - the one he did to DWZ for his try was absolutely perfect

Luckily he did not have to make too many tackles so gassed up all his energy on running m instead...

The guy is the quiet achiever, and doesnt get anywhere near the level recognition deserved last night. Especially from the commentators.

If I had to pick a MOM - CNK
Honorable second's - Tohu Harris, SJ, Egan
Cnk did get the Clubman of the year award as I and a few others had predicted. Which if my guess is right describes what you mentioned.

1694919058698.gif

The day after…….totally worth it 😎

Here you go Wrighty:

The space is created before tmm gets the ball, he is on the outside shoulder of his defender but then makes a poor decision to pass early without drawing in the 2nd last defender making it a 2 on 2 but the winger has seen the previous work and jams in unnecessarily giving us the extra man again. A better defender might not do that so tmm needs a better decision but it shows that when you have so many people in motion you can make the opposition make poor reads despite not executing 100%.

The space is created before tmm gets the ball, he is on the outside shoulder of his defender but then makes a poor decision to pass early without drawing in the 2nd last defender making it a 2 on 2 but the winger has seen the previous work and jams in unnecessarily giving us the extra man again. A better defender might not do that so tmm needs a better decision but it shows that when you have so many people in motion you can make the opposition make poor reads despite not executing 100%.
I thought Pompey still had enough space to beat Gagai if Young stayed on Montoya, but looking back you’re right, TMM did make that harder than it needed to be.

I don't think there is any point worrying about Martin's attack at this stage of the season. He's been out most of the season, and still looks awkward running on it, that's not going to change in a week. Possibly a mental thing, not feeling completely confident of it getting a heavy knock in contact?

But we finally got to see what his defence does to that left edge last night. He gave them confidence that he can handle his man, and that flowed out to our edge who had a season best performance on D.

His defence will be pivotal on Riki helping that edge shut down Walsh's favoured sweep edge with Staggs and Cobbo.

Stop three and score one is always going to trump let three in and score one.

SJ almost made me cry. The way he schooled the knights with his kicking & passing game with sensei level accuracy was incredible to watch! What calf injury!?

Cap Harris is a weapon! He always looks broken. But keeps battling! His work rate is second to none. Mr Dependable is our rock!

CNK is similar to Tohu. Looks so fit. Maybe our fittest? Mr energizer battery!

Rocco , Pompey & Montz proved me so wrong. They were awesome! Montz trusting his insides to stay on his man everytime and shut down their opponents was heart warming. Rocco? Keep it up young man!
Pompey Is a big man. When he's on he causes his direct opposite grief. Especially when he has a significant size advantage. He just needs to stay focused and communicate with his team mates.

Forward pack were enormous! Barnett & Harris the most impressive. Ford looked strong. Curran brings so much enthusiasm & heart. Nuikore is a mean bastard! Egan was all hustle & flow !

Our form had dropped off the past month or 2. It looked like we were done. Exhausted. Mentally drained.
I think we've found our mojo again! I feel it in my bones! We can dare to dream!?

And a special shoutout to the Mt Smart faithful! Oooweee! Y'all guys & gals rock !!

Two more games to go folks 👀👐

I think we made only two genuine errors - when sj of all people fumbled a trap from a ponga grubber was the first - i forget what the other one was ... of course the stats will say differently but that was the overwhelming impression - we played pretty pretty good
It wasn't a fumble initially, it became one after he missed the first attempt, then pulled it towards in damage control.

Yeah we were operating @ 100% completion for the first 20 definite advantage being so good with ball in hand and also smothering them with the D during that period.

Curran be a quick recovery with the finger injury ?

Just sweating on Nuikore both with possible report and the knee injury

Need an enforcer and strong hole runner
With the finger it depends on how severe the dislocation was. They can take six weeks to fully recover.

But he can play with strapping the two middle fingers together. He will definitely get a shot in the buggered finger.

Hopefully he can catch the ball and hold onto it ok, tackling is the other issue hey, but I think with a shot he can pull it off ok.

He won't be the first player to play with one.

The dislocation looked decent on the telly. He was in serious pain there, so I wouldn't guarantee he will be fit, but chances are high that he will be playing.

Back