General Lino vs Hingano

If Foran leaves and SJ stays, who should be our Half Back next year?

• Mason Lino

• Ata Hingano

Results are only viewable after voting.

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
Just thought I'd make a poll for our up and coming halves.

Who is next in line for the job if Foran leaves next year and SJ resigns?

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
How is this even a discussion, Lino is good but I doubt he'll ever be a serious halves option for an NRL club.
I have watched the kid ever since he started at the club. I have always liked him, and he can kick. I cannot understand why he was ever let go. IMO they are bloody lucky he is sticking around.

Old Sid

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2014
I have watched the kid ever since he started at the club. I have always liked him, and he can kick. I cannot understand why he was ever let go. IMO they are bloody lucky he is sticking around.
I'd agree with you Bruce. I see him as having similar characteristics to the early Cooper Cronk. If KF heads away, then he needs to be given a shot at organizing the 1st team. He's doing a superb job in the Reserves.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I'd agree with you Bruce. I see him as having similar characteristics to the early Cooper Cronk. If KF heads away, then he needs to be given a shot at organizing the 1st team. He's doing a superb job in the Reserves.
We have Ata Hingano as well. Foran is fantastic but cannot do it alone, so spending the whole cap on Foran doesn't make sense.

Woofa

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 25, 2013
Auckland
I find it incredible how we can all see things that the coaches can not.. Lino deserves a shot for sure, if anything he should be on the bench learning from Foran and letting him take more minutes as times goes on, with Foran becoming a mentor, lock forward anything. Use him as he has us..

CNK to wing also.. The Sipleys and others performing in ISP should be on the bench, let them take chances. With a core group leading the way. We could actually have a beast of a pack given the chance. The teams on the improve, Kearney's achieving something but could do a lot worse than to swallow his pride and read the forum. He may learn something or at least look at things differently.

Reactions: hman and koolkat

WarriorBall

A couple of things, we've seen Hingano play first grade and apart from 3 games two years ago we haven't seen Lino at the same level, even accounting for his form in ISP there has to be a question mark there. It should also be noted that he's playing behind arguably the strongest pack in the ISP, he wouldn't have those luxuries in first grade based on our first grade pack.

Even with Foran in the side SJ does the kicking 75% of the time, I couldn't see that changing if Lino played 6 so that side of his game while handy would be largely unemployed.

The reality is they're both right sided players so what we're talking about is a positional move for Johnson into the five eighth role, if it was going to work with Lino that'd be the way it makes sense.

Play Lino on the right side as a traditional organising half the same as he's been doing for the Cup side, utilise his kicking game and move SJ to the right side ... sound familiar?

Last edited by a moderator:

koolkat

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Nelson
I'd go with Ata,a lot to learn,but he is getting taught by one of the best halves that's ever played in Stacey,great home grown talent.lock him in and go after a frickin prop.please

Reactions: Weno and RiceOwl

ttkk19

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 21, 2013
I'd have to go with Lino.

Overall I see Ata as the player with more potential and ability but that's just not what the team needs at the moment. We need a talking, organizing half with a solid kicking game (to free up Johnson to do more running).

Ideally I'd rather we sign an experienced, hardened half to play with Johnson. If that doesn't work out, hand the reins to one of these guys and go hard for some HIGH QUALITY forwards and outside backs.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings