Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fucking Fisher-Harris baby! (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Riley Price is any good?

Still only 22, and has been playing 80 minutes regularly in the middle and on the edge in Q-Cup, often leading the tackle count, and we know Webby loves an 80-minute Ford Forward..

He's off contract for next year and won't be resigned by the Cowboys (fair enough with Nanai, Luki, Hess, Leilua, Finefueiaki), but above all else, I am a slut for a good story lol

By my count, we still have 2 or 3 vacant development contract spots
My son and Riley played for the Mt Albert Lions on the same team, 2 years in a row 10 years ago…..he was a real tackle machine and still is by the sounds of it, I know that’s not much to go on as they were both only 11/12 years old at the time and my boy got all the clout because he scored all the tries (I figure that’s why Steve was icy towards us and couldn’t get boo out of him….it’s all good) but out of curiosity, because of who his Dad is, my son and I have kept an eye on him and he would be a very valuable player in any team, doesn’t offer a huge amount on attack but makes great yardage is quite a powerful runner albeit slow…..kind of a good all around/reliable front rower and probably on the brink of being a breakout star for anyone that knows rugby league (it’s not all about scoring tries) think Michael Luck et al….Id have him at the Wahs. Good kid with a good head on his shoulders that needs some FG runs in the right team to showcase his defense etc.

My son and Riley played for the Mt Albert Lions on the same team, 2 years in a row 10 years ago…..he was a real tackle machine and still is by the sounds of it, I know that’s not much to go on as they were both only 11/12 years old at the time and my boy got all the clout because he scored all the tries (I figure that’s why Steve was icy towards us and couldn’t get boo out of him….it’s all good) but out of curiosity, because of who his Dad is, my son and I have kept an eye on him and he would be a very valuable player in any team, doesn’t offer a huge amount on attack but makes great yardage is quite a powerful runner albeit slow…..kind of a good all around/reliable front rower and probably on the brink of being a breakout star for anyone that knows rugby league (it’s not all about scoring tries) think Michael Luck et al….Id have him at the Wahs. Good kid with a good head on his shoulders that needs some FG runs in the right team to showcase his defense etc.

Definitely going to panthers on a development deal.

Great move for him!

No he’s got 0 attacking play, can’t move the ball at all.
Reminds me of another Ford, Webby would get the best out of him and has far better defence then Ford, use him inject Ford off the bench next year would be my thinking, 27 and in he's celling years, Ford as a ball playing forward off the bench has me licking my lips, fits the small mobile forward mould for me

Last edited:
Reminds me of another Ford, Webby would get the best out of him and has far better defence then Ford, use him inject Ford off the bench next year would be my thinking, 27 and in he's celling years, Ford as a ball playing forward off the bench has me licking my lips, fits the small mobile forward mould for me
Ford is a back rower. Twal is a prop

I'd take him at a reasonable price 100%. Good solid bench prop who can play minutes, always gets through work. Will probably head back to Parra though. We could probably offer a starting spot next to AFB to tempt him.

Musgrove - Na. His NRL time is up IMO. News rumours are ESL which makes sense.