Lewis Brown

Reaction score

Kat_old

had a peak in the panthers den and they(fans) are thrilled about his signing...that's great!

Reaction score

Xt1ncT_old

had a peak in the panthers den and they(fans) are thrilled about his signing...that's great!
I don't blame them. I'd have been happy for him to have stayed.

Unfortunately for Lewis, one position we seem to have some depth in is 2nd row forwards.

I wish him the best of luck, he's never in my mind given less than 100% to the Warriors and scored some great tries along the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score

¿N. ig-mah¿_old

I would be more than happy for Ivan to take Ropo. Regardless of Inu, I would like to see something a bit more special than Jerome, longterm.

With Luck, I hope the club give him a future in some type of trainer/mentor role. But I can't see him getting much more gametime. Taylor has probably cost him any chance of a contract extension.

Reaction score

Defence_old

Beale is a class act- and only gonna get better- id be wrapt if we got him.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Former Kiwis player Lewis Brown announces retirement from rugby league
08:20, Jan 16 2019

GETTY IMAGES
Former Kiwis and Manly Sea Eagles utility Lewis Brown has announced his retirement from rugby league.

Former Kiwis utility Lewis Brown has announced his retirement from rugby league.

The 32-year-old played for the New Zealand Warriors, Penrith Panthers and Manly Warringah Sea Eagles during his 10-year NRL career.

The Christchurch product announced his retirement on Instagram on Tuesday night.

He was not offered a contract for 2019.

"Today I have decided to walk away from my dream and retire," Brown said.

"I achieved more than I set out to do and have created memories and friendships that will never be forgotten or broken. I want to thank the game, all my team-mates, fans and teams but most of all I want to thank family, especially my mum and pop.

"They sacrificed so much to make sure I achieved what so many people said I would never be able to do.

"I will always love the game but you know when it is time to walk away. I look forward to all the new challenges I face in life."

Brown represented the Kiwis on 15 occasions.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/109951844/former-kiwis-player-lewis-brown-announces-retirement-from-rugby-league

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Saw the thread title and nearly laughlaughed myself off my chair
Sorry about that lol. Didnt have a chance to change it yet. Thread was started in 2008 for the 2009 season.

For those wondering it was previously called 'Lewis Brown to the Warriors'...

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Reaction score
Glad that hes going out on a high with a plan for his future. I like the little cantabrian and thought he was good, not great, in his time with us.

Reaction score
snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Was a handy footballer when he was at his peak. Useful player in that he could cover a few positions which is useful to cover injuries.

Looked like he was a bit off the pace last year. Probably a good time to call it a day.

A pity he's stuck on 199 though.

Reaction score
Ref

Ref

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
He can say he played in a grand final.
That was his best year for me.
Just plugged any hole effectively.

Top Bottom