Lewis Brown

Reaction score

King_Bubz_old

Real sad to see Lewie head off over there, being from Chch myself i always had a soft spot for the guy... Really rated him.

Please anyone EXCEPT $BW or Sandow... The thought of that alone makes me sick

Reaction score

Kat_old

Wow gutted! one of my favourite players...never thought I have a soft spot for another team but it looks like it will be penrith...I'm afraid there will be more warriors leaving to penrith I just know it...wonder if he prefers Cleary over Bluey??

Reaction score

playdaball_old

Good on Brown.

He deserves a starting spot and he has lived in Sydney previously so knows the culture of the City.

I wonder who could be coming?

Reaction score

sup42_old

Good luck lewis

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score

Beeteejay_old

I think everyone realises now that they are. Just hope it's a Foran or a Ranger and not a SBW!
I'm gonna say it's Beale. Purely on gut instinct.

Reaction score

surfin_old

I think everyone realises now that they are. Just hope it's a Foran or a Ranger and not a SBW! I thought yesterday that if the Titans fold it could play well into the Warriors hands. One, because the market will be flooded with extra players looking for a contract, and Two, that will bring the price down. The ol supply and demand principal.
I can't think of too many players from the Titans who would be worth chasing, we already got their best one.

Reaction score

omg_old

I can't think of too many players from the Titans who would be worth chasing, we already got their best one.
Bailey- getting on a bit but still one of the best props around
Myles- One of the best 2nd rowers IMO big motor and hits hard regularly
Srama-Friend is good, but this fella has got a big future,
Douglous- seems to be getting wasted by Carty, Statistically one of the top Props in the game for the last few seasons, 150 games straight too wow..
Harrison- under rated with the ball in hand-but very big motor, Will be QLD loosey..
Bird-not that long ago he was being slammed but will be one of the first Blues picked
Thompson-Unlucky to have to spend so much time in the backs, is a talented back rower.
All these guys will be very sought after should the Titans fall, but it looks like Buddha shall step in and reincarnate them as a new being. fast Idris and Champion are a bit Ho-hum IMO but would get snatched up fast, Peroux has been there best backs when playing centre.

Reaction score

surfin_old

Bailey- getting on a bit but still one of the best props around
Myles- One of the best 2nd rowers IMO big motor and hits hard regularly
Srama-Friend is good, but this fella has got a big future,
Douglous- seems to be getting wasted by Carty, Statistically one of the top Props in the game for the last few seasons, 150 games straight too wow..
Harrison- under rated with the ball in hand-but very big motor, Will be QLD loosey..
Bird-not that long ago he was being slammed but will be one of the first Blues picked
Thompson-Unlucky to have to spend so much time in the backs, is a talented back rower.
All these guys will be very sought after should the Titans fall, but it looks like Buddha shall step in and reincarnate them as a new being. fast Idris and Champion are a bit Ho-hum IMO but would get snatched up fast, Peroux has been there best backs when playing centre.

Bailey would only bring an old head.
Myles is an good player right up until he craps in a pot plant.
Bird again too much baggage, Geyer was talking about making an example of Lui, but in Bird you have a guy that glasses his girlfriend.
Harrison is a good player but who would you drop to make room for him, the Warriors already have plenty of that type of player, for a start I would pick Lewis over him and the Warriors let him go.
As for the young guys there is some talent there but I prefer the Warriors belief of developing our own young guys and only trying to buy true game breakers.

Reaction score

¿N. ig-mah¿_old

Sad to hear that about Sharkie..He was one of my Family's favorite player.

A Shark into a Panther could be lethal..Lol
Wouldn't that make him a "sharktopuss". Which is also the name of possibly the worst B Grade movie ever.

Reaction score

mrblonde_old

"Let's eat Eric Roberts!"

"Yeah, nobody gives a **** about Eric Roberts!"

South Park - Cartman's Mom Is Still a Slut - 1998.......

Reaction score

sup42_old

Posted already to wish Lewis well , since then i got to thinking.

Ben Henry's Arrival / experiment possibly spelled the death knull for Lewis , nothing wrong with Lewis's Contribution but Henry's filling the same dual center / second row role Lewis offered last year for les coin and in a clubs that's Second row ' top heavy ' post the Cleary era perhaps Bluey realizes that Michael Luck and Lewis Brown may have to go to make room for Taylor and Henry....

Reality is Ackland and Bluey are tight and some of these Selections / player retentions are possibly forecasts by Ackland about who we ' Cant afford to lose / keep etc.

If True its not a bad thing by any means , giving Akland a more influential voice with the head coach is the ideal at an NRL club , Toyota cup and top side coaches singing off the same song sheet.......i see a premiership Dynasty in that kind of competition Model

Reaction score

a.c.e_old

On the footy show (TFS) last night the reporter chick (yes I was listening to her) mentioned that the Warriors were 'bunkering down' as Cleary has already managed to grab one player from the Warriors GF team. Luck and Ropo were mentioned as possible targets for the panties. And I think there was someone else . . . . . it wasnt Inu lol.

I remember an article posted here that coaches were talking to Luck and Ropo about the commitment to the Warriors? maybe this has something to do with the Panther raids. I think it was Bluey mentioning that he was glad senior players like Ropo were around to teach the younger ones a few things about first grade.

Anyways . .. . . . .

Reaction score

facefacts_old

On the footy show (TFS) last night the reporter chick (yes I was listening to her) mentioned that the Warriors were 'bunkering down' as Cleary has already managed to grab one player from the Warriors GF team. Luck and Ropo were mentioned as possible targets for the panties. And I think there was someone else . . . . . it wasnt Inu lol.

I remember an article posted here that coaches were talking to Luck and Ropo about the commitment to the Warriors? maybe this has something to do with the Panther raids. I think it was Bluey mentioning that he was glad senior players like Ropo were around to teach the younger ones a few things about first grade.

Anyways . .. . . . .

Taylor is ready made to replace Luck, and Beale to replace Ropo.:tu:

Reaction score

numbnutsnz_old

A part of me is really gutted with this and the other part is fine.

Brown was a good player to have on the books and on the bench. In my opinion, there are few better bench players in the comp. He can come on and make an impact in a number of positions and can also start and not be out of his depth when he needs too.

On the other hand though, we can kind of afford to let this mid-level players leave with all the young talent we produce.

If we can fill his spot with a young fulla and use the extra cap space to sign another top player then I think its a good move.

Reaction score

a.c.e_old

Taylor is ready made to replace Luck, and Beale to replace Ropo.:tu:
pretty much with Taylor and Luck. Taylor already is a up grade from Luck in having a passing game. Luck only developed this last year and we were all shocked that he even passed the ball.

Remembering Mal going to Auckland to get a good look at Luck as a possible bench player for QLDs. I think the only reason Luck missed out was because he didnt have a passing game otherwise he was in.

Beale for Ropo, that can work.

Reaction score

facefacts_old

pretty much with Taylor and Luck. Taylor already is a up grade from Luck in having a passing game. Luck only developed this last year and we were all shocked that he even passed the ball.

Remembering Mal going to Auckland to get a good look at Luck as a possible bench player for QLDs. I think the only reason Luck missed out was because he didnt have a passing game otherwise he was in.

Beale for Ropo, that can work.

I would be happy to keep Ropo, as I think his best few seasons are ahead of him, but if Cleary or
anyone offer him more than we're willing to, then Beale would be a great investment. Probably a
great investment anyway.

As for Luck, in all seriousness, Taylor has lapped him in all departments, even talking on field,
Luck said several times on radio sport last season " ya just cant shut the kid up".

Reaction score

surfin_old

I hope Luck finishes his career here, one thing about talking though, is saying what needs to be said and sometimes I think that needs to be learnt.

Top Bottom