NRL NRL 2023 Finals Week 1 - General Discussion

6 again for offside then penalty for high shot
Was the pen for a head shot?

When awarded a 6 again and because of the reason for the 6 again an error occurs on the first play it is automatically a pen.

I would love to hear the ref’s audio on this call as after the PTB Klein made no 6 again signal until almost when Ponga caught the ball - it was a very late call and almost looked orchestrated. Once he made the call and Ponga lost the ball he was then obliged to award them pen

When awarded a 6 again and because of the reason for the 6 again an error occurs on the first play it is automatically a pen.

I would love to hear the ref’s audio on this call as after the PTB Klein made no 6 again signal until almost when Ponga caught the ball - it was a very late call and almost looked orchestrated. Once he made the call and Ponga lost the ball he was then obliged to award them pen
For offside. That's why penalty was right in front

Love that theyre actually calling offside now for those, remember back when you could literally be 5 metres offside on a charge down and they wouldnt call it lol
Hopefully, we see it a bit more. But not against us.

Calling it in a finals game will get a lot of attention. It was the right call.

Hopefully they do it more during the regular season. It would help long term

In fact when I look again he made the call after Ponga had started to run to his right and just before he was tackled

In fact when I look again he made the call after Ponga had started to run to his right and just before he was tackled
Looks like he makes the call when the Raider gets to Ponga. Signals 6 again as Ponga steps him.

What I'm unclear on is how does it change to a penalty. Is it because there was no advantage in that play? Or was he saying Ponga was taken out illegally where he lost the ball so penalised the first infringement?

Looks like he makes the call when the Raider gets to Ponga. Signals 6 again as Ponga steps him.

What I'm unclear on is how does it change to a penalty. Is it because there was no advantage in that play? Or was he saying Ponga was taken out illegally where he lost the ball so penalised the first infringement?
If the play breaks down on the first play it changes to a pen - I found the rules last night so will go looking again

If the play breaks down on the first play it changes to a pen - I found the rules last night so will go looking again
So in a tight game where you are attacking the opposition line and the ref calls 6 again, if you deliberately knock on it would get changed to a penalty and give you a shot at goal?

Ricky is going to blow up!
So, out of morbid interest I went to look at the raiders press confrence - he wasn't that bad, though I noticed something - is Ricky really wearing a shirt with his Raiders player number on it ?! '98' - Whitehead had his '333'... if that was Ricky's number, and it seems about correct... that's just a bit weird isn't it? ...

never forgets, never forgives...

So, out of morbid interest I went to look at the raiders press confrence - he wasn't that bad, though I noticed something - is Ricky really wearing a shirt with his Raiders player number on it ?! '98' - Whitehead had his '333'... if that was Ricky's number, and it seems about correct... that's just a bit weird isn't it? ...

never forgets, never forgives...

I saw that as well and assumed it was his player number

Back