TeamList Team List Tuesday (2023 Finals Week 3) - Broncos vs Warriors

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Afternoon
12:00

Team Lists

Could not stand Costo and was not surprised to see he is a total creep with allegations by school girls.
He randomly DM'd a friend of mine who did the half marathon where he was at the time. Constantly on the prowl

I've never seen so much off topic chat in a pre-game thread haha

It feels like all that can be said has been said, we are just waiting for Saturday.
On another note, I tried to figure out who was missing when we had 12 people on the field when SJ went off. It confused the hell out of me, will probably watch it again tonight. I kept freezing the screen and counting 12. the only person I didn't see much of was Ford when SJ, Egan, Curran and Tevaga were on the bench.

On another note, I tried to figure out who was missing when we had 12 people on the field when SJ went off. It confused the hell out of me, will probably watch it again tonight. I kept freezing the screen and counting 12. the only person I didn't see much of was Ford when SJ, Egan, Curran and Tevaga were on the bench.

I think it was overblown.

Siro scores with more than 4 mins to go and the bench is SJ, Egan, Jazz and Curran. That's about 2 mins after SJ left the field.

Taine is a 5th there as 18th man

No one else around.

Most likely outcome is SJ left the field and someone came on 30 - 60 seconds later. Tohu tells a joke about it.

I've never seen so much off topic chat in a pre-game thread haha

It feels like all that can be said has been said, we are just waiting for Saturday.
Yeah everyone seems to be on a high and it gets pretty random.

I guess we only get one rebuild year, next year will be different, expectation and all that.

Good to see people enjoying themselves.

Last edited:
Egan flies under the radar... that fella is a level or 2 above Walters.. his control around the play the ball sets everything up. It's funny that a lot of people forget about him sometimes... his intelligent plays creates opportunities that gets us points..
He's got the best dummy half pass in the game, really gets us on the front foot. Seeing other team's ruck passes stop first recievers in their tracks alot of the time really makes me appreciate his consistency

Top of the props forward clash one to savour for Haas​

Colleen Edwards

Prop Payne Haas is relishing the chance to face off with one of the other form forwards of the competition in Addin Fonua-Blake when the Broncos meet the Warriors in their preliminary final on Saturday.

Haas helped set the tone for the Broncos in their dominant win against the Storm in the opening week of the finals and will need to be at his best again against the likes of AFB and Tohu Harris, who have been an integral part of the Warriors revival this season.

“We have to (start well) because they have got some good forwards in their team,” Haas said.

“Harris, (Mitch) Barnett and Addin, they start well, so we’ve got to start well as well and match it with them and drag them into deep water.

“(Fonua-Blake) has been one of the form props in the comp this year and I like these kinds of challenges.

“He's probably one of the best attacking forwards in the comp and he's got good footwork, he's fast and very strong as well.

“I like watching him play, he plays well … I'm excited for the challenge this week against Addin.”

Haas was complimentary of the turnaround in form for the Warriors this year and like Reece Walsh and Jesse Arthars, was another Broncos player who had spent time at the club during a development stage of his career.

While that time in New Zealand was a number of years ago in 2016 when Haas was in his teens, the New South Wales representative said his time with the club “was a good learning curve” for him early on in his progression to the top grade.

“It was my first taste of what NRL players do on a day-to-day and I was about 15 years old, going in there and did a few weeks of pre-season with them,” Haas said.

“It was pretty cool and just opened my eyes on how to be a professional and lots of credit to them, they opened my eyes and it was pretty cool to see.

“It was a bit of an opportunity at our school at that time and Andrew McFadden was a coach then and he was a pretty good dude and helped me out a lot being a young kid over there in Auckland.”

Since then, Haas has blossomed into one of the premier props in the NRL and despite initial reservations and fielding offers from elsewhere, he extended his time with the club earlier this year for a further two years until 2026.

“I knew we could go this far into the comp, especially this year as well and (with) how we're playing,” Haas said.

“It's pretty cool to see now it’s coming to life and I have to pinch myself sometimes.”

This Saturday, both the Broncos and the Warriors come into the match with strong performances under their belts to get them this far, but Haas said his side would need to be even better in order to take the next step to the grand final.

“It's a big game this week, one more game until the GF … and we can’t rest on that, our Melbourne performance,” Haas said.

“It's a new game this weekend and the Warriors are going to be up for this.

“They're always up for us in Brisbane and they always play well up here, so we have to play our best footy or we're not going to get the job done.”

This late kick off is going to feel weird and I live in Aus. Loved always having one of the first games. There was a lot of chores being done to pass the time last weekend haha
I usually do a lot of work around our house during the day so the early time slots on Saturday for most of the year when some of the bottom sides have played in that slot have been a good nap slot.

This game has Melbourne Prelim final 2011 vibes for me. No one expects us to still be here let alone win the game. We were also bashed in week 1 in 2011 but came back to make the GF.
I watched that game during the pandemic when they were showing old games. It really stuck out how well they got into the grind. Instead of the old keep the ball in play and wear out the Warriors the Storm were kicking it out to get a rest from the Warriors.

Even Johnson was getting praised by the commentary team of playing like a mature player. Not over playing things, little kicks into the in goal for repeat sets.

They had a great forward pack to work off. They were relentless.

Getting suuuuper ahead of my self (just saw something on Instagram), but if we win the gf would SJ retire?

Would be pretty poetic for him to take the team to the big dance in his first, and last season's, capping it off with a win, and a Daly M.

I can't imagine him waking up wanting to do it all over again nek year if that was the case
What’s better than winning a premiership? Winning two 🤣

For the love of Berry, do not let Wrighty see this... 😂

NZ Warriors interchange Bayley Sironen hailed as unsung hero by Dylan Walker in club's 2023 run

"I thought our bench was really good [against Newcastle]," said Walker. "Especially Bayley Sironen.

"He's been a bit of an unsung hero, you need guys like that in your team who come out, do a job, and do it well.

"He's a fit bloke. He's got a good set of lungs on him. He works hard. He's just a footy player, it's hard to explain those terms to a lot of people, but he just gets football.

"He's probably grown up into it as well. It's very important going into any team that interchange goes on and makes an impact."

is anyone else getting massive vibes from Tohu Harris?

He’s looking scarily good and is somehow getting better, glimpses of his 2017 Melbourne Grand final performance form
He's always known what it takes to win the premiership. He's always said things like "doing it consistently over a sustained period will be indicators of success."

He's always had what it takes.

Now everybody has what it takes.

Tohu is a vital linchpin.

Back