General Latu out?

raypower_old

Just heard on the evening news wrap up that Tevita Latu assaulted a woman at a service station early this morning and has been suspended indefinitely.

Can't find anything else on it however it looks as though they'll be one ex warrior down....

KeepingTheFaith_old

If it's true then he should have the book thrown at him. No excuse for that sort of thing. There's always the chance it could have been exaggerated. The media tend to do that with league players so we'll have to wait for the full story to come out.

2big2strong_old

yeah i've heard about 10 different stories. the first one was *edited*. I refuse to believe any of it until i hear all the facts. Hopefully it's not true as it will damage the already tarnished image of our game and the aussies will just run it as a 'kiwi' incident

2big2strong_old

Cronulla rugby league player Tevita Latu has been stood down pending an investigation after claims he punched a teenage girl in the face.

The Daily Telegraph reported the Sharks utility bloodied and broke the nose of 19-year-old Brooke Peninton after an alleged incident at a service station in Cronulla.

Peninton claimed Latu had struck her after he threw chips, dirt and bark at her outside the service station at about 3am on Monday.

"He punched me in the face," Peninton told The Daily Telegraph.

"I fell back and hit my head on the concrete.

"When I put my hand to my face there was blood everywhere."

The incident was reported to have been witnessed by about a dozen onlookers, including a Bulldogs player who came to blows with Latu as he attempted to calm him down.

LeagueNut_old

https://www.smh.com.au/news/league/...alleged-assault/2006/05/22/1148150193106.html

CRONULLA's firebrand hooker Tevita Latu has been suspended pending an investigation into an allegedly unprovoked assault involving a woman in the early hours of Monday morning.

Latu, 24, allegedly struck the woman, believed to be aged around 20, while she was waiting for a taxi with a group of people outside a service station along the Kingsway, Cronulla, after frequenting a local nightclub.

It is understood the incident was witnessed by several people and was "out of the blue". "She didn't see it coming," said a source.

The woman, who was not known to Latu, was shaken and shocked, but it is not clear whether she has reported the alleged assault to police. The club was notified by the woman's friend, who is the daughter of a local identity.

Latu, a Kiwi international who joined the Sharks from the Warriors at the beginning of the season, had spent the night at Cronulla commiserating the loss of Sunday's tight game to the Bulldogs.

Last night Cronulla chief executive Greg Pierce said he had been unable to speak to Latu to get his version of events.

"However, he has been stood down pending a full investigation," Pierce said. "We are taking this issue very, very seriously and it could have serious consequences.

"We will be conducting a full investigation to find out what went on and that investigation will occur whether the police are involved or not."

NRL chief executive David Gallop said he was expecting a full report from the club first thing today.

"It is clearly a very serious matter," Gallop said. The NRL has been particularly sensitive to the image of footballers and their treatment of women ever since the alleged group sex attack on a Coffs Harbour woman following a Bulldogs pre-season trial match two years ago.

AliN_old

he's been going so well, it's a shame to blow it by doing something absolutely stupid like this.
Not nice for the girl if all reports are correct..

Warrioraholic_old

Just watched the today show, guilty as.

What a way to ruin a career.

He could have at least gone out with class like wendel, I mean class A

Skinner_old

If this is true, and I have no reason to doubt it, then he a goneburger.

Stupid, stupid, stupid boy.

warrior_girl81_old

what a bloody idiot. there is no excuse for doing something like that! poor girl. he deserves whatever comes to him.

lostwarrior_old

The girl concerned has spoken to police and Latu has now been charged will assault by the police.

MiXmasterreece_old

Anyone got any info on the chick, I hear shes been in some bikini contest back in 05

Ronnie_7_old

How dumb can you get? He shouldn't have done it even if he wasn't a footy player. Because he is it gets blown up in the media. Good job, well no job coz his careers gonna be over after that.Gorrrrrnnnnnnnee!!!Of course if it is found to be true