Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
Couldn’t answer any of those questions, the club keeps their cards close to their chest these days. We haven’t been linked to a forward since Micheal Chee Kam, so I feel like if there is someone we’re after we’re waiting for November until they can be approached. On the flip side we may not have been linked to anyone because we’re not chasing someone. Just feel like the club is realistic enough to realise what we all saw, we can’t compete with big forward packs with the pack we’ve got.
Playing Jazz at prop to try to run around the bigger packs is foolish, we just need a bigger unit to hold the line and make some metres.

At least he was considered at one point to be the hottest young half coming through, you gotta take risks sometimes.

But Lodge....he's got a proven track record of leaving his last 3 teams in the lurch while not giving much on field...absolute bonkers
But is it the clearest sign to everyone that Moses' Go-To Play in Negotiations is "You Sign My Unsigned Player Or All My Players Signed With You Will Quit!"?

I could see a world where a Curran, toaf Sipley deal could be benefit all parties.
Both players get to go home with an upgrade and extension.
We get our prop, manly gets currans mullet- damn I’ll miss that mullet.
You'd hope Curran would mull it over, giving that mullet to Manly.

I really hope he doesn't go, one of those positive surprise packets that we sometimes nail (rather than the negative surprise packets like Seymour, etc).

But I'd understand if "Become A Daddy" is moving up in priority in Josh's "What I Want To Achieve In 2025" list. Or even his 2024 list. I mean, hey, they reckon 50-something% of pregnancies aren't planned...As in, "we're trying, but we're in Pre-Season Trying...Uh, is that a positive, honey?!"

That puts manly in shit street if that’s how he operates, half their team is from his stable along with the coach.
In which case Moses doesn't need to use his Go-To 1. His Go-To 2 is evidently "Your Coach Will Quit!" and for all that coaches aren't supposed to have complete control over who the Recruitment Team sign, it's logical that they would have a fairly big say.

Bromwich would be huge, May, Saifiti…there are some good ones

If we are out of cap, I’d release or loan Jazz for 1-2 years to Super League and get Saifiti who’s the impact player, surely we can afford that. Unsure what May commands.

Gotta think 2024 the final dance for SJ, *Brendon McCullum voice* think big New Zealand

Anyone seen the list of halves off contract....it looks pretty decent, I wonder if there's been any thoughts from Webby - replacing SJ with either Metcalf or Volk is a big gamble as both will have less than 20 games experience.
Dearden would be a great get and would be happy for us to lose Metcalf for - loose SJ and Metcalf (roughly 1 mill I'm guessing) sign Dearden for 800k and then rely on CHT as the 4th half

IMG_20231019_184044.jpg
IMG_20231019_184203.jpg

Anyone seen the list of halves off contract....it looks pretty decent, I wonder if there's been any thoughts from Webby - replacing SJ with either Metcalf or Volk is a big gamble as both will have less than 20 games experience.
Dearden would be a great get and would be happy for us to lose Metcalf for - loose SJ and Metcalf (roughly 1 mill I'm guessing) sign Dearden for 800k and then rely on CHT as the 4th half

View attachment 2836View attachment 2837
Would rather Volk leave if that's the case his nsw cup game doesn't translate to Top grade, Metcalf on the other hand can kill it in NSW cup & get even better in top grade, Volk can't it's been proven the multiple times he has played when SJ was out and didn't do much in terms of steering the team around, Metcalf is on a whole different level to Volkman 💯

Would rather Volk leave if that's the case his nsw cup game doesn't translate to Top grade, Metcalf on the other hand can kill it in NSW cup & get even better in top grade, Volk can't it's been proven the multiple times he has played when SJ was out and didn't do much in terms of steering the team around, Metcalf is on a whole different level to Volkman 💯
There could be something to that Harry Smith rumour, he and Metcalf could be a handy halves pairing long term. Still TMM here in 2025 if SJ happened to retire and could be a gamble that a super league player adjusts quickly.

There could be something to that Harry Smith rumour, he and Metcalf could be a handy halves pairing long term. Still TMM here in 2025 if SJ happened to retire and could be a gamble that a super league player adjusts quickly.
TMM please we don't need him love is passion especially on defence but he gets stifled in attack most times, Please if your running 22m in a prelim you shouldn't be near the team, Metcalf would of made double that if not triple

TMM please we don't need him love is passion especially on defence but he gets stifled in attack most times, Please if your running 22m in a prelim you shouldn't be near the team, Metcalf would of made double that if not triple
I don't think the last few games were a fair reflection for TMM coming back from that injury. He was playing well at the start of the year and had been good at the boncos last year.
Will be interesting which way Webster goes if both guys are fit start of the year. Metcalf definately better on attack but needs to work really hard on improving his defence.

I don't think the last few games were a fair reflection for TMM coming back from that injury. He was playing well at the start of the year and had been good at the boncos last year.
Will be interesting which way Webster goes if both guys are fit start of the year. Metcalf definately better on attack but needs to work really hard on improving his defence.
TMM also played all his time at broncos at fullback the year before. Think he’ll be much better for this season going into the next.

Have to agree at this stage, but Volks is three years younger, not many 20 year olds kill it in the halves in nrl.

Back