Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fucking Fisher-Harris baby! (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Interesting that Stacey specifically called out Neame - and then sort of backtracked presumably to avoid tampering charges. Wonder if they're having chats with him.

Interesting that Stacey specifically called out Neame - and then sort of backtracked presumably to avoid tampering charges. Wonder if they're having chats with him.
I dont know if there would be much attraction for neame moving to auckland being a south islander.
I kinda feel we missed the boat on him and leo thompson as theyre both signed up till 2026 and their clubs are getting great value so unlikely to release them.
Theyd be perfect but we needed to make a play while they were prospects- now theyre established first graders and internationals its gonna be hard and they wont come cheap.

I dont know if there would be much attraction for neame moving to auckland being a south islander.
I kinda feel we missed the boat on him and leo thompson as theyre both signed up till 2026 and their clubs are getting great value so unlikely to release them.
Theyd be perfect but we needed to make a play while they were prospects- now theyre established first graders and internationals its gonna be hard and they wont come cheap.
Yeah their international caps have now increased their value considerably. If they were coming off contract in 2025 they would defo be targets. 2026 is too far away and some of our youngsters may be firing by then.

Perfect example of why not to trust media and their "quotes"
Jones was specifically asked in the interview about Neame and then that was his answer. This writer chose to omit that though

There could also be a bit of movement and potential of players released when AFB becomes available.

I am sure one of his parents could find a really good job at some place in Avondale, Auckland.

I don't like over calling on plays because it's experience over youth. My measuring tool is "I'm over calling you because the options this way are better." Waste of time in my opinion to put a young player in and limit his application or responsibility. Don't name them if they are not good enough. Put him on or leave him in NSW cup.
I agree.

This is why I think he was left for the most part in Reserve grade. Where he got to do 2 things. Consistent game time and work on that voice and game analysis.

Thing with Neame is you have to remember its easy to look good when you are playing Australia. Haven't seen him play big minutes at NRL level.

Article about Dragons making a play for AFB in 2025.

Fonua-Blake, 28, is currently holidaying in Bali after representing Tonga in the Mate Ma’a’s Test match series against England in the UK.

All the players deserve a holiday, but.. how serious does this family reasons compassionate release look now ?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...AL2s6XSRIEY8gg8I8YY0AjdKKhJORq8KtV60PnWnkNRK8
The Warriors have all the power, so the Dragons can offer what they like for 2025 but it doesn't mean much.

Hopefully Cam George and the club continue to show some balls and tell AFB a contract is a contract.

I do wonder if any other Sydney teams had offered AFB more money than the Dragons to play for them in 2024?

The Warriors have all the power, so the Dragons can offer what they like for 2025 but it doesn't mean much.

Hopefully Cam George and the club continue to show some balls and tell AFB a contract is a contract.

I do wonder if any other Sydney teams had offered AFB more money than the Dragons to play for them in 2024?
He's contracted til 2026 currently and said will be re-assessing his personal circumstances at end of next season, clubs shouldn't even be able to give him offers, if I was Cam George I'd be asking NRL to do an investigation.

IMG_7104.jpg

Doggies sound like they are done with Ray. Could get an absolute cheap steal here for a wealth of knowledge for our youth squad.

It's 100% contract tampering & obviously that club have an issue feeding info to the media.

It was probably the Dragons that tipped off the media to the request in the first place.

Article about Dragons making a play for AFB in 2025.

Fonua-Blake, 28, is currently holidaying in Bali after representing Tonga in the Mate Ma’a’s Test match series against England in the UK.

All the players deserve a holiday, but.. how serious does this family reasons compassionate release look now ?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...AL2s6XSRIEY8gg8I8YY0AjdKKhJORq8KtV60PnWnkNRK8
Yeah going to England, then Bali in your time off whist being desperate to be in Sydney durning the season doesn’t sit quite right.

Reading on the rabbitohs forum that the dragons are offering AFB a 3 year deal at $3million. That’s less than what he’s paid at the Warriors, does an exchange rate come into it?