Post Match 2023 Penrith vs Warriors - Week 1 Finals (Post Match)

vs

-

MATCH COMPLETE

01 Jan 1970

Match Stats

Tries
Conversions
/ Field Goals /
/ 2P Field Goals /
Try Assists
% Possession %
/ Set Completion /
Time in Opposition Half
Metres Gained
Dropouts
Dummy Half Runs
/ Kicks/Kick Metres /
40/20
20/40
Offloads
1 on 1 Steals
Line Breaks
Line Break Assists
Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Rate the Match !

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hey what's the go with Berry not contesting the ball? A couple times he was in the vicinity and didn't do jack?

If he can get close to the ball have a lash. And chuck a hand up.

Worst case they get the ball just like if he lets them catch it then tackles them.

Hey what's the go with Berry not contesting the ball? A couple times he was in the vicinity and didn't do jack?

If he can get close to the ball have a lash. And chuck a hand up.

Worst case they get the ball just like if he lets them catch it then tackles them.

i reckon he got blinded by the sun in his eyes

otherwise he should be dropped to NSW Cup for such a shocking display of amateurism :whistle::ROFLMAO:

Some people may say that Berry doesn't get blinded by the sun, the sun gets blinded by the greatness that is Berrysiah.

Don't ask me where those people's heads are at. I wouldn't know.

The Greatness that is Berrysiah is like the Loch Ness Monster

Its doesnt exist....

Luai needs to pull his head in

That guy reeks of arrogance.
Yeah he does. My 2 cents in their piss take of beating us and mocking us is that they won and beat us. They are winners. They know how to win better than all other clubs recently. But they don't win graciously. Maybe Dylan Edwards but man there are some idjits in their amazing winning club.

To clarify. I see no problem with it either. Political correctness prevails once again. Best way to avoid getting mocked is to win. Let's give that a whirl.

The lack of focus on how piss poor our defence was yesterday is surprising.

55 missed tackles!....we've been averaging 32 all season. That should be the most concerning aspect above all else, You cant win finals if you cant defend. The amount of times they busted our line, we'd have to scramble to shut it down, but inevitably because we're stretched they'd get a quick ptb and usually strip us for numbers cause our line was still trying to recover......a number of their tries were scored in that fashion.

Main culprits being Jackson Ford and Dylan Walker with 8 each.

Incidently our season high 59 missed tackles.......also against Penrith.
Don't forget Dwzs jams, not always his fault but it was like he had forgot all he learnt all season.

To clarify. I see no problem with it either. Political correctness prevails once again. Best way to avoid getting mocked is to win. Let's give that a whirl.
They have kinda earned the right to celebrate however they want with thier results over a long period of time. It was a piss-take video that some Karen's took offence to. It's a bit arrogant to suggest another team should or shouldn't do something, particularly after putting a score on us. I have said it previously, I wonder about the psyche of some of our fans. Not sure how they make it through the day sometimes.

Up the 👶😭🍼

It's fish and chip paper now but I hope Coach of the year learns as much as his players will from that loss.
Hindsight being 20/20 the bench and its use was a failure. Stretching Ford thin due to too much defending hurt us.

However. Perhaps he was hoping for the same thing some of us were, such as stout defence and high completions. We managed about 50% of one of those things. He probably didn't forsee us having 37% of the ball and even worse territory, which forced both starting props off earlier than what was planned.

Jazz's selection I see as 50/50 because we know he would've convinced Webby he's good to go. I wanted to believe it, too.

As for gameplan, another 50/50 for me. In part because mixing up what you've worked all season to bed in, is rightfully reserved for teams like the storm with year upon year of consistency, on and off the field. We've had 1 season to learn new things and unlearn many years of old things. It's a big ask at this stage.

The truth is both coach and team have exceeded all expectations. But we are still lacking finals experience, and it will show from time to time.

The truth is both coach and team have exceeded all expectations. But we are still lacking finals experience, and it will show from time to time.
They have massively exceeded expectations.
If we want to go any further in coming seasons though we need to upgrade the quality of our players. Making mistakes is one thing but simple ones like losing the ball in the first hour up after halftime or dropping a fairly straight forward bomb is something the truly good sides and players just don't do. I wonder if this finals serious is just a step too far on the improvement scale. If we can put the Knights away, which we won't do without SJ, then that will go a long way towards building for the next season, going out bang, bang might do more damage than the experience of finals football - can't see us beating the Broncos if we make it that far.

Back