TeamList [2023, Finals Week 1] - Penrith Vs Warriors

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Afternoon
12:00

Team Lists

Can anyone confirm if RV travelled? Newshub sayin he didn't. If Walker is at 6, Im bringing Bunty on to bench and also replacing Siro with either Lussick or Tuaupiki.

Would still go with RV if poss though

Forward play will have to be at a premium. When you get to the goal line on attack still try and work your plays and see if you can snag 1 or 2 early then defend for your life. That’s probably the only way. We can’t win a grind it out back and forth without the kick quality which then leads to the kick chase. Their back 3 will be sitting on their 30 waiting for kicks on the last.

Thats the first stuff up by the social media team this year. They will be cringing.

No where near as bad as they old days when we just got beat by 50 and they tweeted "Win, Lose or Draw - Always Loyal" but spelt lose loose.
I'm still blocked by their twitter for pointing it out.

Volkman not named in extended. He cannot be added.
You can but you need an exemption from the NRL.

Penrith did it with Soni Luke a month or so ago

edit: Luke Sommerton

i think walker has been one of the best bench players in the nrl this year. the 3 or so games he started at 6 were pretty bad. Part of it is i think he tried way too hard. but id rather keep him on the bench cause hes going to need to bring some punch off the bench. curran has been great lately so give him 80.

my honest first choice would be volkman. but at least with tohu you know he plays the link role really well and is generally really good in defense.

i dunno man do you put CNK to 6 and Tuipiki to 1? walker to 6 in a semi final just feels...... uninspiring
Or Tohu and Charnze in the halves, Dallin goes back to fullback and we bring in Tommy "Tohu2.0" Ale at 13. I like where you're going with this, Penrith won't know who's playing where and neither will we, this is 4D coaching from Webby

Without Ronnie, Egan might be the safest choice. I really want Walker to stay in the middle. Or I wonder if we could try throw off Panthers with Tuaupiki/CNK as a running 6 on the left hand side doing a Metcalf role.

Or Tohu and Charnze in the halves, Dallin goes back to fullback and we bring in Tommy "Tohu2.0" Ale at 13. I like where you're going with this, Penrith won't know who's playing where and neither will we, this is 4D coaching from Webby
IF for some chance CNK to 6, DWZ to FB then that means Kosi would come in for the revenge game against Penrith where he got injured. He also put what imo was hit of the year on chrichton

Call me optimistic but even though he's out, it just gives us more reason to get stronger mentally. I actually don't even care if we get thrashed, but I need to see the mentality that WE ARE THE WARRIORS 100% not just if SJ is fit.

Whoever is available, whoever is going to play halfback........step up to a moment to make your own. You will be playing behind a powerful pack, with try scorers and decoy runners and bodies in motion options to get the ball to. Seriously if you are named, you deserve to run the team and own it for a week. Hype level is still at high

Back