Lego_Man_old

Now that would have been a sight to see...

I'm sure you would have taught her a thing or two.

LordGnome_old

Now that would have been a sight to see...

I'm sure you would have taught her a thing or two.

Don't you remember the comment about seeing if she could still argue with a dick in her arse?

Happy days.

casso_old

What a breath of fresh air

From this weeks Rugby league week (found online at https://stevemascord.com/2011/06/01/the-a-list-lance-hohaia-warriors-new-zealand/)

Good article, nice to know he's not bitter over going.

Great interview I thought.How good is it to see a top footy player who hasn't let it go to his head and not answer questions with cliches.I personally wish Lance all the best not just in his footy career but also in his life.I know he will kill it in the ESL.He has left me with some great memories and is personally one of my favourite players ever.This interview only raises my respect for him.I know the Warriors will miss him next year.

mrblonde_old

Typical.

I arrive and there's been nothing anywhere near that classy or exciting except for the "I know it is unlikely but...." thread.

Which included such articulate, philisophical discussion such as an observation by Forummer A that if Forummer B wanted to see what an asshole looked like he just had to look in the mirror.

Names have been changed because I can't find the thread on Google or by using the Search system. Rest assured that I will do so eventually and will humiliate the guilty party accordingly. :D

I hope the new people don't stumble on this, we're supposed to welcome new folk, not scare 'em off!

kiwi4life_old

Hey guys I'm new to the forums :laugh:

Anyway to the topic on hand Lance Hohaia he has been deadset terrible this year how he keeps getting a game simply amazes me. He has been a massive factor in several of our losses (today included) and single handily cost the kiwis the Anzac test earlier in the year. He is useless at fullback, can't play in the halves, got no play-making ability what-so ever, on average throws about 50 forward passes every-time he plays hooker and gives the opposition team a 6-10point head start everytime he plays. I have never seen 1 bloke play so abysmal for such a long period of time and still keep his place in a side. He has got to go surely?! He makes at least 3-4 mistakes EVERY game and quite simply Ive had enough!!! I guarantee you if he gets dropped (unlikely) the Warriors will start playing much better. I don't know how much more I can take of this guy costing us games, I can't be the only 1 that feels like this surely? Thanks for listening to my rant lol.

danpatmac_old

Anyway to the topic on hand Lance Hohaia he has been deadset terrible this year how he keeps getting a game simply amazes me. He has been a massive factor in several of our losses (today included) and single handily cost the kiwis the Anzac test earlier in the year. He is useless at fullback, can't play in the halves, got no play-making ability what-so ever, on average throws about 50 forward passes every-time he plays hooker and gives the opposition team a 6-10point head start everytime he plays. I have never seen 1 bloke play so abysmal for such a long period of time and still keep his place in a side. He has got to go surely?! He makes at least 3-4 mistakes EVERY game and quite simply Ive had enough!!! I guarantee you if he gets dropped (unlikely) the Warriors will start playing much better. I don't know how much more I can take of this guy costing us games, I can't be the only 1 that feels like this surely? Thanks for listening to my rant lol.

Reuben Thorne
Hamish Marshall
Caleb Ralph
Shane Endacott
George W. Bush

Spence_old

Welcome to the forum mate. Always good to start off with a rant.

I think he was actually very good at fullback in his first two seasons there. His running game was very allusive, he made minimal errors and his defence was great. It's just been this season where he's let himself down, really. I don't think it's fair to say he's played abysmal for a long period of time, perhaps a month or two. He has been poor this year though.

Northern_Union

And last season he won the player of the year on this very forum. Can this be the same player we're talking about?

Mindy_old

Lance has been a fantastic player for us in years gone by but not so much this year. The guy has never really settled in one position (never been allowed to) but to be fair has performed year in year out for us. At this stage of his warriors career he is best coming off the bench - I truly believe he still has something to add for us in his last year. Fullback is clearly not his position and especially at this stage so thankfully we have a wealth of talent for that position. I really hate to bag him since he's been one of my favourites and a great player for the club, but based on recent form he should never play at fullback again if possible.

Chch fan_old

Know what you mean Mindy it sux bagging someone like Lance out, juswt don't know whats happened? Still handy off the bench though.

a.c.e_old

Lance is the super sub and should go back to that. He brings energy off the bench coming into the hooker role and has more of a straight up direction other then this skip across and pass thingy we have going on at the moment. The Warriors strength has always been pick and go from dummy. Oh how I miss Hendo.

Patu_old

I have never seen 1 bloke play so abysmal for such a long period of time and still keep his place in a side.
When you're talking about 'long period', how long is long? He had a bad game today no doubt, and played bad for our first three matches before being dropped. He was good for us last year, even better the year before and was one of our best in 2008 when filling in for an injured McKinnon. He was a also nominee for the club's player of the season in 2010. There it's rather unsubstantiated to say he plays poorly for long periods without being dropped.

What I will say is that Lance is obviously down in confidence when it comes to playing fullback. The highball was never one of his strong points as a fullback, even when he was playing well there, but it seems he just has no confidence in that department whatsoever at the moment. He looked much more comfortable playing in the hooking role and will undoubtedly return there for the game against the Titans.

Jesbass_old

Lance had a poor game today, and I'm sure he knows it. But no player singlehandedly wins or loses matches. It ain't called a team sport for nothin'. ;)

Welcome to the forum, by the way! :thumb:

facefacts_old

Lance has always been a crap fullback, everyone see's the tries he scores when in that position and think
that makes him a good fullback. Those tries he scores are exactly the same type of tries he scores when
coming off the bench, inside the opposition 20 running at tired big men or running very good support lines
looking for the offload.
His support play is far less effective when he plays FB, probably because of fatigue from the extra meters
a fullback runs, add that to his horrific defensive blunders and the extra pressure that puts on his team
mates, his terrible positioning on opposition kicks, this is why the ball always seems to find open ground
when Lance is at fullback then backs that up with lacklustre kick returns, or maybe his amazing ability to
be nowhere near a try when it is scored against us, how many probable tries has Locke saved by holding
the ball up? in his what...6 games at FB 4-5? how many has Hohia had in 2 years? All of the above doesnt
happen now and then, its a constant in his game at FB.

None of this is his fault, he's a bad fullback, just like im sure Russel Packer would be, its the fault
of the brain dead coaches who keep playing him there.

danco_old

Hi Kiwi for life, Lance is hot or cold nothing in between. He has been loyal to the club and I wish him well in the UK but he can go NOW.

Jesbass_old

Incidentally, with Inu, Locke, Fisiiahi, and Ropati all unavailable, who would you have selected at fullback? I don't think Hohaia is anyone's first choice, but given the lack of other options, his selection there seems pretty obvious.