Reaction score
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Different time, different team, different tesm attitude, tactics , nationality. Unfair to compare them as players. I just think Burr is a good pick up, a player who is hungry, hardworking, skilled physical with a point to prove. Whats not to like.

Reaction score
fizurg

fizurg

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Only in the fanboys heads. Mannering never had an attacking game. Workhorse defender though probably one of the best the NRL has seen. Burr though looks to have a young Mannering covered and offers way more ball in hand. Warriors upgraded for sure.
You realise Mannering is the third highest try scorer in Warriors history right?

Reaction score
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I've got a weird feeling about this Burr character.

Not sure if it's the chicken legs or the couple of attempted tackles that looked like he was trying to catch whitebait.

He's no Mannering, but hopefully he can do a job for us this year.

Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Assistant Ballboy
Contributor
Reaction score
He’s not an upgrade on peak Mannering but probably is an upgrade on 2018 and what would have been 2019 Mannering

Reaction score
Pozza

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Ride the wave with Burr in the first few rounds while he’s still hot.

It’s a long season.

We have Tigers and Manly bottom 8 cellar dwellers in my books just like the dogs.

Let the kid feast.

Btw for 28 yr old he sure looks old. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Its even worse the guys only 26, looks like he may have had a hard life LOL

Reaction score
wizards rage

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
What I see in Burr and the new team in general is a hunger, desire and competitiveness that Mannering and the pre Kearney Warriors lacked... it all attitude!

This affects more than the player but those around them.

This is the difference between an average player winning and making finals and a legend that rarely ever did.

Which would you prefer?

Reaction score
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
What I see in Burr and the new team in general is a hunger, desire and competitiveness that Mannering and the pre Kearney Warriors lacked... it all attitude!

This affects more than the player but those around them.

This is the difference between an average player winning and making finals and a legend that rarely ever did.

Which would you prefer?
I disagree about Mannering, he had that desire but was often let down by those in the team who didnt.

During his time it sure as hell wasnt him why the team didnt succeed

Reaction score
wizards rage

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I disagree about Mannering, he had that desire but was often let down by those in the team who didnt.

During his time it sure as hell wasnt him why the team didnt succeed
I agree he had the desire with his personal effort but for the last 4-5 years, since around the time he gave up the captaincy, I sense he seemed worn down and his will for the TEAM to succeed dropped.

Probably a more reserved personality but didn’t come across as driving those around him to rise to his level.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
I see Lachlan Burr as a great depth player but doubt he will get a starting spot over Isaiah Papali'i in the long run. Seems to be a lot of love for Burr but he doesn't even have a bigger motor than Papali'i let alone Simon Mannering. Not even close. I can see him being an awesome impact player against tiring defence...

Reaction score
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
ISeems to be a lot of love for Burr but he doesn't even have a bigger motor than Papali'i let alone Simon Mannering. Not even close.
Seen a couple of mentions of him from players recently that he rocked up to warriors training and was the second fittest player in the squad. No mention about who number 1 was. They also said that he just keeps going which would imply that he does have a decent motor in him!

Time will tell I guess...

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Papalii would need to improve his running style to be more useful to the team from what Ive seen so far.

Burrs harder. It looks like an age thing and an experience thing.

Elijah Taylor had a big motor.

With so many eighty minute backrowers, I prefer we have a hard runner.

The pack looks more intimidating with these harder nuts.

Cant remember Papalii hitting anyone and them feeling it. Burr smacked a couple of blokes in the trial and his tackling is at the required standard.

Papalii is very young as we all know, be good to see him come in and out of ISP like the others.

If its good enough for Sao . . .

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Seen a couple of mentions of him from players recently that he rocked up to warriors training and was the second fittest player in the squad. No mention about who number 1 was. They also said that he just keeps going which would imply that he does have a decent motor in him!

Time will tell I guess...
When Burr plays 80 minutes I'll start to believe it. Being fit doesn't always equal being match fit...

Top Bottom