Player Konrad Hurrell

Greg Eastwood never should have spent a day playing in the super league you might quote the phrase shutting the gate after the horse has bolted, why not show interest before he went there! I would have.

what is that about? how is Manu saving his ass?
From being a fool on the footy show... Did you not see Manu pull him to the side a couple of times and tone him down, sure they were having fun no problems there, but there is a boundary to keep too. So nothing real serious that's going to destroy the club. but could be embarrassing PR wise.

Ya reckon? I was surprised when cappy went down that path with veitchy. I mean yeah, he's right, but Hurrell didn't drop the ball in the end zone for the roosters to win.
I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't watch that vid and think 'not again'. There's actually a worse one out with him lately but I ain't putting it up lol.
But there's more issues in the team than Hurrell. Heaps more. He's just an easy target
Mate no point in dropping that and not letting us know. The place is a shambles it's best to get it out in the open even if it's just rumour so we can understand more clearly with who the buck(pardon the pun) stops. We've had enough bs who are these twits.

Last edited:
Konnie needs singing lessons he's pathetic, improve his singing could improve his mental fortitude or at least when he posts himself singing at a concert it won't be so disturbing yo my ears.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
It's a real shame that someone with Konrads charism isn't right in there leading the training sessions, betting everyone to kick ass just a little harder than they want to... Instead he's leading everyone astray...

Coach Sacky needs to sack him....

Its a shame we font have transfer system where the Warriors could he tempted by other vlubs to sell. 400 g transfer by some club who believes the hype would do nicely. Perhaps we could trade him for a centre that can pass and tackle and run for 80 mins.

There's one thing that always separates "champions" from the "talented"...

Attitude.

It's why Konnie will never be a champion.

Reactions: 8 users
Wasn't there an article in the Herald a while back about the Blues/Auckland development and how they had looked at Hurrell along with Malekai Fekitoa, the same vintage at college

They didn't actually come out and say Konnie was a dead head and therefore didn't get anointed but the inference was there that they were looking for attitude and commitment which was perhaps lacking.

Will see if I can dig it out.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11249107

Found it. More about his skill set rather attitude etc. Good read though bearing in mind what we know now.
If anyone bothered to read this article we would not be debating Konnie now. The Rugby high performance team identified exactly what we have taken 3 years to discover about the deficiencies in his game and in his character.

"We did a lot of analysis on both of them," recalls Auckland high performance director Ant Strachan. "Konrad was a bit more physical and a bit bigger. Malakai was better in his footwork, dexterity and speed and repeat speed endurance. He was one of the fittest players actually, recording up around 19 to 20 in the yo-yo test.
"Konrad's pass and catch was marginal, particularly off his left hand, and he had a tendency to plant his feet on defence and put his head down. He couldn't kick either.
The concern with Hurrell as a rugby player was his lack of repeat speed. His size was an obvious strength, a less obvious weakness. There wasn't much evidence either of Hurrell being an exploiter of space once he'd bulldozed his way through the first line of defence.

If posters took a little time to read some of the great stuff that gets posted here they would spend less time defending a very talented player at schoolboy level who cannot and will never adapt at adult level because of his flippant attitude.

Reactions: 10 users
If anyone bothered to read this article we would not be debating Konnie now. The Rugby high performance team identified exactly what we have taken 3 years to discover about the deficiencies in his game and in his character.

"We did a lot of analysis on both of them," recalls Auckland high performance director Ant Strachan. "Konrad was a bit more physical and a bit bigger. Malakai was better in his footwork, dexterity and speed and repeat speed endurance. He was one of the fittest players actually, recording up around 19 to 20 in the yo-yo test.
"Konrad's pass and catch was marginal, particularly off his left hand, and he had a tendency to plant his feet on defence and put his head down. He couldn't kick either.
The concern with Hurrell as a rugby player was his lack of repeat speed. His size was an obvious strength, a less obvious weakness. There wasn't much evidence either of Hurrell being an exploiter of space once he'd bulldozed his way through the first line of defence.

If posters took a little time to read some of the great stuff that gets posted here they would spend less time defending a very talented player at schoolboy level who cannot and will never adapt at adult level because of his flippant attitude.
What would be Konrads yoyo score? Ha

What's silly? If Kyrios doesn't improve he only hurts himself, if Konnie doesn't improve he hurts his teammates as well, and Konnie has a lot he needs to improve.

No I think your wrong cause Kyrios is kinda representing his country. I haven't heard any ex Olympian greats come out and bash konrad where Kyrios has had a few. So on that basis I think that concludes that Kyrios is worse.

Good day to you sir

I think everyone probably read that article when it was first posted a couple of years ago mate.
My comment at the time was along the lines of- I wish league in nz had the luxury of being able to choose between so many great athletes like union does but unfortunately beggars can't be choosers.

Reactions: 4 users

When you summarised the imp. points out of that article in your post, you missed out one -

"It was our view with Konrad that we were looking at an athlete who was ideally suited to league."

so whats your point?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
When you summarised the imp. points out of that article in your post, you missed out one -

"It was our view with Konrad that we were looking at an athlete who was ideally suited to league."

so whats your point?
The point being that if we had done our homework we would not have paid the outrageous salary that he is now getting for being off the field more than he is on it. Most on here were impressed in his first season and called for his re-signing when all he ever did was "exactly as that article says" stampede over lesser opponents from 10 or 20 meters out. While he did make an impact in that first year he has never been able to repeat it and spends more time in Reserve grade banned or warming the pine.

It's interesting that he was criticized for having a weak pass left to right (I'm assuming passing off his left hand means that), his strength is bulldozing, and that he's played most of his time at right center...

The point being that if we had done our homework we would not have paid the outrageous salary that he is now getting for being off the field more than he is on it. Most on here were impressed in his first season and called for his re-signing when all he ever did was "exactly as that article says" stampede over lesser opponents from 10 or 20 meters out. While he did make an impact in that first year he has never been able to repeat it and spends more time in Reserve grade banned or warming the pine.
He's hardly been a 1 season wonder, last year was pretty good when you consider he was playing with a busted wrist for much of it and started the season with a bout of morbid obesity.

Reactions: 1 user