TeamList Team List Tuesday (2023 Finals Week 3) - Broncos vs Warriors

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Afternoon
12:00

Team Lists

Not sure where to post this and if I have a problem given that I wanted to create it... but thought i would ask CHATGPT to give me the final seconds of commentary for a Warriors win. With a bit of prompting here. Please read it in the voice of Ray Warren.

Johnson's pass is a thing of beauty, and Berry, with the world watching, dives over the line! TRY, TRY, TRY!

The crowd is stunned into silence, and then it hits them like a tidal wave. The Warriors, against all odds, have snatched victory from the clutches of despair! The heartbreak of the home crowd, the ecstasy of the Warriors players—it's a rollercoaster of emotions. The New Zealand Warriors, in a dramatic twist, are heading to their third-ever Grand Final!

you couldn't have scripted a more heart-pounding finish if you tried. This is rugby league at its finest, where dreams are made and shattered in the blink of an eye. What a moment, what a game, and what a team! The Warriors are bound for the Grand Final, and you can bet your bottom dollar that the city of Auckland is in for one unforgettable celebration!"

So Jazz is at sixty percent
The take out of your post is why player a sixty percent player when there s a 100 per cent fit player on the list who can do subjectively a better job
Nsw cup could have been used to get Jazz up to match fitness.

To be fair to the coaches the first time they used the cup for Jazz he killed it and was straight back in the side the following week.

From that you could fairly assume that given we are running out of runway fast, putting him straight into NRL with managed minutes made a lot of sense.

Lets be real here, he is further down the road than at sixty percent, if this is sixty percent he will be Steve Price by the time he hits 100 percent.

The problem with the Cup plan, on the eve of the finals, is cup is slower, and we have a ball playing middle forward game plan, Jazz would not get the sense of the timing and cohesion running off Egan and Walker, Tohu too.

He had to come straight back in to have any realistic chance of being fully up to speed with his place in our sets in possession.

Any way by next weekend Jazz will be approaching the higher end of his base fitness, thanks to playing hard football.

To be fair to the coaches the first time they used the cup for Jazz he killed it and was straight back in the side the following week.

From that you could fairly assume that given we are running out of runway fast, putting him straight into NRL with managed minutes made a lot of sense.

Lets be real here, he is further down the road than at sixty percent, if this is sixty percent he will be Steve Price by the time he hits 100 percent.

The problem with the Cup plan, on the eve of the finals, is cup is slower, and we have a ball playing middle forward game plan, Jazz would not get the sense of the timing and cohesion running off Egan and Walker, Tohu too.

He had to come straight back in to have any realistic chance of being fully up to speed with his place in our sets in possession.

Any way by next weekend Jazz will be approaching the higher end of his base fitness, thanks to playing hard football.
Agreed. Plus Websters plan from the beginning has been to have lots of mobility on the bench.

It was a shame that we ran out of subs on the weekend as it would have been great to get Jazz back on, not sure that 19 minutes really gave him enough minutes in the legs, but he will be getting stronger each week.

Culture Kings know something the Broncos supporters dont.

Get your end of season Broncos merch lads 🤣
Screenshot_20230919_221144_Samsung Internet.jpg

Warriors keen to make life ugly for 'pretty boy' Walsh

Walsh has been in sublime touch since swapping the Warriors for the Broncos last summer, the 21-year-old scoring nine tries and registering 22 try assists this season.

Walker, who is one of a two-man partnership with Jazz Tevaga nicknamed 'the bald brothers', says he admires Walsh's ability as much as his dashing good looks.

"He's a good player, a livewire, a pretty boy, he's got everything going for him with a nice head of hair and nice eyes too," Walker said.

"I think when you focus too much on one player, you can take your focus away throughout a whole game plan.

"As good as he is, if we stick to what we do and that's kicking to corners with good linespeed to win those early tackles - you can nullify those sorts of players coming out their own end.

"Someone like Reece Walsh can pop up anywhere and the less opportunity we give him to do so, the more we can lessen his involvement."

Walsh was away with Queensland on State of Origin duty when the Broncos beat the Warriors in Napier in their only meeting so far this year.

"He's extremely talented, what we did last week with Ponga is that we were respectful," said Warriors coach Andrew Webster.

"We've got to defend how we defend and not do anything stupid.

"It always helps when you bring them off their line because then you give them less opportunity to show what they can do."

The Broncos are considered strong favourites after defeating Melbourne in week one to earn a fortnight off.

After being trampled by Penrith in their qualifying final, Webster said his side would take confidence from the sudden-death semi-final win over Newcastle which booked their place in the last four.

"What we needed at the time was to go out there and have a dress rehearsal of finals footy," Webster said.

"If we had got it perfect in week one, I don't think we would have learned as many lessons.

"The way it's gone for us has been perfect, we understand what finals footy looks like

Pretty funny Walker talking about Walsh's "pretty eyes" and "nice hair", its not like they have played together and are mates or anything like that.

Not that Walker is lying, you don't have to have played with/against Walsh to know that. He is spitting facts lol

Thanks for the analysis on Jazz boys, starting to understand why he's getting more minutes. Hopefully this is the game he can really turn it up. I'm hoping on the same from TMM. I've been critical but his defence against the Knights was brutal. I would love to see him putting shots on Carrigan.

I too find some Broncos fans' attitudes a bit funny, I'm seeing plenty of "Broncs will smash" type comments which I can't help but see as a little fear induced 😉
In contrast most of us are giving them their dues while remaining quietly confident.

On stats alone, they will present more opportunities to us then we will to them.

If we perform as we did last week (and I believe we will), we will need fewer opportunities than they will to score points. Just a dribbler's observation 😂

I would be surprised if Warriors fans can be heard much over the locals.

Normally for these two clubs fixtures there are plenty of seats because the Broncos have sucked.

This year average crowds at Lang Park are 37k, the ground holds 52k ish, you would think that the Broncos own Bandwagon would chew up a fair chunk of the difference, this after all is the year they are pretty confident they are going to win the NRL.

We will see, I hope as many as 10k of ours force their way in, but it is hard to see it happening this year.

There is one thing better than hearing our mob away chant and that is fecking silence then the shuffle of feet at the QLD rats flee the invasion horde before full time.

Win lose or draw (lol not possible) the path for us is clear - we need to be playing this game year in year out.

Fairy tale premierships are rare - making one pre-lim a decade and expecting to go on and win the comp is fools gold.

Take a look at the last decade of champions in terms of converting pre-lim appearances into Premierships:

Roosters - 6 prelims - 3 prems - 50%
Storm - 7 prelims - 2 prems - 28.5%
Panthers - 4 prelims - 2 prems - 50%
Souths - 7 prelims - 1 prem - 14%
Cowboys - 4 prelims - 1 prem - 25%
Sharks - 2 prelims - 1 prem - 50%

For me, this is the beginning, are we going to win the comp this year? Honestly, no we are not.

Can we be in this game next year? Definitely.

Can we win the comp within the next 3 - 4 years? Definitely.

It starts Saturday!
So sensible... that's no fun.

I reckon we get there though, have a good feeling about the broncs game

This games all about Webby v Kevvy .. both teams have the talent, comes down to which coach outsmarts the other.... neither have won a GF as head coach yet.
But IMO Webbys assimulated Wayne Bennett/ Ivan Cleary and he's clearly on the rise right now. He seems to have the gate keys from both these guys...

The ones with power might not agree and protest but I reckon this weekend will set the perception of coach of the year, it should be Webby based on regular season but if Broncos win it'll be easier for them to give it to Walters and if we win then they just can't give it to Walters as it's way too suspicious lol

I would be surprised if Warriors fans can be heard much over the locals.

Normally for these two clubs fixtures there are plenty of seats because the Broncos have sucked.

This year average crowds at Lang Park are 37k, the ground holds 52k ish, you would think that the Broncos own Bandwagon would chew up a fair chunk of the difference, this after all is the year they are pretty confident they are going to win the NRL.

We will see, I hope as many as 10k of ours force their way in, but it is hard to see it happening this year.

There is one thing better than hearing our mob away chant and that is fecking silence then the shuffle of feet at the QLD rats flee the invasion horde before full time.

What if the Kiwis bring in the drums, or better, ex-Hamiltonians bringing in their cowbells 🤣

What if the Kiwis bring in the drums, or better, ex-Hamiltonians bringing in their cowbells 🤣

or the streakers..?

First time i saw boobs as a kid was at eden park - all blacks game - i think against wallabies... blonde babe, only jeans ran across the field directly at me (at least it felt that way). I think i read it was a publicity stunt and she was a stripper promoting a strip club (showgirls???).... what a laugh ... those were the days, where streakers were admired.. and hot...

Actually it might have been a cricket game.. one dayer...

Last edited:
Back