Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor
Wishing Kodi all the best.

He wasnt a good fit for us, but hope he finds his groove with Souths.

On his day, he can be a joy to watch. Just needs the opportunities and holes to exploit.

If the Souths forward pack can create broken play for him, then who knows, Kodi could be a great buy for them.

For the Warriors, time to move on...

Never going to have the game management to be a top class half, but with a bit of application has some skills to make a very useful utility

Dont get to NRL level without having huge competitive instincts but unfortunately he suffered from poor body language and a resting face of "I don't give a shit" which gave just such an mpression sometimes which didn't endear him to fans.

Definitely has a place in the NRL, not as a 500k half tho, wish him the best of luck on the journey.

Struggle to see where he fits at the Rabbits. Theyre not going to stymie Ilias growth by playing Kodi over him. And theyve signed Havili this year who has been one of the better 14s going around for a couple of years now. Much bigger body and better defender, actually runs from dummy half and has the abilty to play hooker, prop and lock. With that being said, good luck to him.

Yeah agree Souths got a great 14.

I just hope Kodi who took more than 2x overs from our club, finally realises he isnt good enough as a 7 or a 6. I hope he either tries to make a 9 spot for himself (imo his off the mark speed and passing makes him a great 9) or a 14.

But he has unrealistic ego in terms of demanding he should not be a bench or a hooker yet cant perform as half even if he has the skills he doesnt play them, I cant see him ever being happy. So many people in life get far more shit deals than he has had with the Broncs and Warriors, I hope he grows some gratitude.

The stupidity that created his sighing which was CeO George opening his big mouth unprofessionally on twitter, especially when Shaun Johnson never ASKED for $1M, it was offered, so he gets home from Kiwis UK tour and is ambushed by George, so of course he took got his back up and called his agent, and of course he got offered the same money elsewhere. I reckon Shaun Johnson would have taken less if approached correctly/professionally behind closed door and we may have had a top 4 year in 2019 and who knows what else since as we have built a much more offense focused team (which made pushing Shaun Johnson out even more dumb)

Last edited:
He isn’t a game manager so no point playing at 6 or 7.

Doesn’t a 9 need to be able to tackle? He topped the missed tackle count most weeks with his weak arm grabs.

Maybe the south’s people are excited about his arrival because they watch as much Warriors games as the Fox league commentators, and recall the 2 runs he did that made a highlights reel on 2021??

See ya Kodi.

Yeah agree Souths got a great 14.

I just hope Kodi who took more than 2x overs from our club, finally realises he isnt good enough as a 7 or a 6. I hope he either tries to make a 9 spot for himself (imo his off the mark speed and passing makes him a great 9) or a 14.

But he is Narcissistic in terms of demanding he should not be a bench or a hooker, I cant see him ever being happy. So many people in life get far more shit deals than he has had with the Broncs and Warriors, I hope he grows some gratitude.

The stupidity that created his sighing which was CeO George opening his big mouth unprofessionally on twitter, especially when Shaun Johnson never ASKED for $1M, it was offered, so he gets home from Kiwis UK tour and is ambushed by George, so of course he took got his back up and called his agent, and of course he got offered the same money elsewhere. I reckon Shaun Johnson would have taken less if approached correctly/professionally behind closed door and we may have had a top 4 year in 2019 and who knows what else since as we have built a much more offense focused team (which made pushing Shaun Johnson out even more dumb)
It's an interesting one - as sad as I was to see Shaun Johnson leave, I think he needed to do it to grow his game and become the player we've got now/have needed for a long time. That wasn't going to happen here.

Was a shitshow when it all went down, but in hindsight I'm glad it happened.

Was a shitshow when it all went down, but in hindsight I'm glad it happened.
Yep totally. I still feel grief from it, I am 99% certain with SK having them so good at Completions, Fitness and Redzone D, and we were just starting to throw the ball around, 2019 was a top 4 year for us. Thats why I still hate thinking about it. Then the team starts to implode.

Soon as SK is back we winning again. Not saying its all due to him. But your right, hes grown, hes more Stacy than Magic now. And its nice he has Chanel Harris-Tavita to rely on and Asi if he gets signed, Volkman etc.

You never know he might stick around in some kind of player consultancy role post 2023 if his body is holding up. Im not sure how that would go down though with Stacy having been an assistant coach for a period now. I have to be honest, Im not sure I feel Stacy and Morgs have had a huge impact.

Its an interesting paradigm, SK was struggling to put points into the team, Brown is struggling to put Completions and Defense into the team. I hope if we going to make coaching changes (assistants) it happens soon as some of our players have no ball handling skills, some cant tackle, some cant slide, some over commit, very few run up on D let alone actual line speed. Its a bit of a mess in that regard. We fix that and we win all our game 20:6, because the only points most teams are scoring are the ones we gift them.

I hope Kodi finds something his ego is good with but more importantly he is happy and he feels he is contributing. Hes made good money already, anything extra is gravy for a player like him.

The most positive comment I can make, as I feel positivity is called for, is with the right coach he could be as good as Jahrome Hughes. He could be anything.
Look forward to tracking him at Souths just like we track Big Ken.
Main thing I will miss is him breaking the line and running in full flight into the back field. He was and always has been quick off the mark and an elite runner of the ball.
6 months ago I would have been delighted with the news, but he has improved this year.

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Now confirmed.

Nikorima granted early release

Vodafone Warriors halfback Kodi Nikorima has been granted an immediate release from his contract.

Nikorima (28), who was signed to the end of this season, will continue his career with another NRL club.

“We were committed to having Kodi for the rest of the year but he and his management requested an immediate release,” said Vodafone Warriors general manager football Craig Hodges.

“He wanted to take up an offer elsewhere. Given the circumstances we weren’t going to stand in his way.

“We thank Kodi for the contribution he has made to the club over the last three years and wish him and his family all the best for the future.”

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Now confirmed.

Nikorima granted early release

Vodafone Warriors halfback Kodi Nikorima has been granted an immediate release from his contract.

Nikorima (28), who was signed to the end of this season, will continue his career with another NRL club.

“We were committed to having Kodi for the rest of the year but he and his management requested an immediate release,” said Vodafone Warriors general manager football Craig Hodges.

“He wanted to take up an offer elsewhere. Given the circumstances we weren’t going to stand in his way.

“We thank Kodi for the contribution he has made to the club over the last three years and wish him and his family all the best for the future.”
Does he play this week vs the old club??
If he plays 14 and carves up.... 😣

playdaball

Heritage Member
I’m hoping if we’ve done this , we’ll announce some signings too?
The timing would be perfect as fans need some good news and after the loss to the Sharks, so does the club.