Waipiro

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 17, 2021
Tauranga, NZ
It is imperative to everything that is good and holy that Kodi gets cut from our roster in the next 7 days
Rainbows will appear
Leprechauns will do dances
Unicorns will say don’t forget me

all manner of good things will happen for this team if he is let go like fusitua was
I cant see Nikorima going as a priority by any stretch.
Even if he was only regarded as a back up to the first string halves he is already an upgrade on Sean O'Sullivan. He has added utility value covering hooker.
The issue seems to be when Kodi played well it brought expectation that he couldnt keep delivering on consistently. If he is a back up with no expectation on his shoulders for 1 year (until he goes to Dolphins?) he could be extremely valuable to our team. Much like Milford showed in the last 5-6 games of his bronco contract.....

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
I cant see Nikorima going as a priority by any stretch.
Even if he was only regarded as a back up to the first string halves he is already an upgrade on Sean O'Sullivan. He has added utility value covering hooker.
The issue seems to be when Kodi played well it brought expectation that he couldnt keep delivering on consistently. If he is a back up with no expectation on his shoulders for 1 year (until he goes to Dolphins?) he could be extremely valuable to our team. Much like Milford showed in the last 5-6 games of his bronco contract.....
He must go at all costs even if we have to pay 100 percent freight I would pull the trigger in that deal. Any game we win with him in the line up will be in spite of him rather than because of him.
2020 he was a strong half for the warriors and a good recruit and worth his 650 000
This year he was liability in every match.
I don’t know what happened to him but he needs a change of scenery.
He is absolutely cooked from a warriors point of view
Mason lino would be a better asset in a warriors jersey next year than him.
That 2018 highlight reel against England is vapourware as they say in software circles.
It is a mirage. Something happened to disturb his mental focus this year and Kodi, like Elvis, has left the building.
He will not recapture his form as a no pressure replacement.
The chemistry is wrong in a warriors jersey.
The Kodi contract must end ASAP
No second or third chances
If Kane and fusitua and Jamayne Tounua-Brown were cut then Kodi is a far more compelling and urgent case.
We must act. We must act now.

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
He must go at all costs even if we have to pay 100 percent freight I would pull the trigger in that deal. Any game we win with him in the line up will be in spite of him rather than because of him.
2020 he was a strong half for the warriors and a good recruit and worth his 650 000
This year he was liability in every match.
I don’t know what happened to him but he needs a change of scenery.
He is absolutely cooked from a warriors point of view
Mason lino would be a better asset in a warriors jersey next year than him.
That 2018 highlight reel against England is vapourware as they say in software circles.
It is a mirage. Something happened to disturb his mental focus this year and Kodi, like Elvis, has left the building.
He will not recapture his form as a no pressure replacement.
The chemistry is wrong in a warriors jersey.
The Kodi contract must end ASAP
No second or third chances
If Kane and fusitua and Jamayne Tounua-Brown were cut then Kodi is a far more compelling and urgent case.
We must act. We must act now.
Haha come on mate you need to dial it down a little.
I get that you don’t like him, but you’re bias is clouding your judgement so you’re not able to think rationally.
No one, and I mean no one lets a 500k player go to another team for free (where are you getting 650k from?).
Kodi has utility value in two areas that were weak in and for better or worse, we’ve got him for 1 more year.

Just let it all go, and enjoy the ride!

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Haha come on mate you need to dial it down a little.
I get that you don’t like him, but you’re bias is clouding your judgement so you’re not able to think rationally.
No one, and I mean no one lets a 500k player go to another team for free (where are you getting 650k from?).
Kodi has utility value in two areas that were weak in and for better or worse, we’ve got him for 1 more year.

Just let it all go, and enjoy the ride!
If we don’t give 100 percent freight then the only other outcome that won’t result in us missing the 8 is if he gets paid $500 000 to play Queensland cup next year and doesn’t get any Nrl time.
Tigers did that to rusty packer
We are at that point with Kodi
If he was to suddenly start trying to lose games on purpose he couldn’t play any worse than how he is currently playing.

Last edited:

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
If we don’t give 100 percent freight then the only other outcome that won’t result in us missing the 8 is if he gets paid $650 000 to play Queensland cup next year and doesn’t get any Nrl time.
If he was to suddenly start trying to lose games on purpose he couldn’t play any worse than how he is currently playing.
He’s not on 650k
Considering what a poor year he had he was 27th in try assists in the comp, from 15 games at half.
When you talk about players you talk about their ceiling and their absolute bottom. You’re saying he can’t get worse….well he was still by far and away our best half option this year. If that’s his worse and he’s still better than everything else we have…isn’t it reasonable to expect that he will be better next year when there are better circumstances for him?

The reality is we don’t have much more available. If we don’t sign anyone else, it’s out of him, Ash and Chanel Harris-Tavita and who ever performs the best in pre season gets it. Out of those three my moneys on Kodi

SouthernWorrier

Warriors Bench Player
Aug 4, 2020
If we don’t give 100 percent freight then the only other outcome that won’t result in us missing the 8 is if he gets paid $500 000 to play Queensland cup next year and doesn’t get any Nrl time.
Got to agree with Tooks here Wrighty, chill brother. I’d rather have Niko on ice as a back up for some injury prone first stringers than give him away.
I also think there will be a lot of queenslanders horny for the prospect of playing for a QL team that are wanting to put their wares on display this year. Kodi among them. He’s not the greatest, but I suspect he will work hard this year to try to gain a contract and that can only be helpful. there will be times this year where we will glad he’s on the books

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
I think its interesting how many people think that its a given that he'll end up at the dolphins. If i were them i would be asking myself why would we want him.
Not wanted at the Broncos
Not wanted at the Warriors
Had his chance to prove himself, y would you take the risk?

Reactions: Toookey

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
He’s not on 650k
Considering what a poor year he had he was 27th in try assists in the comp, from 15 games at half.
When you talk about players you talk about their ceiling and their absolute bottom. You’re saying he can’t get worse….well he was still by far and away our best half option this year. If that’s his worse and he’s still better than everything else we have…isn’t it reasonable to expect that he will be better next year when there are better circumstances for him?

The reality is we don’t have much more available. If we don’t sign anyone else, it’s out of him, Ash and Chanel Harris-Tavita and who ever performs the best in pre season gets it. Out of those three my moneys on Kodi
Thanks for being patient and polite with me Tookey ( and Southern Warrior). I just wanted to get it off my chest. Thanks for listening and your feedback. You make good points :)

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
Thanks for being patient and polite with me Tookey ( and Southern Warrior). I just wanted to get it off my chest. Thanks for listening and your feedback. You make good points :)
Haha bro everyone listened to me piss and moan about Chanel Harris-Tavita earlier on in the year, so I get that we have our frustrations with certain players.
I’m sure you’ll talk me down at some point next year when I need it 😂

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
I think its interesting how many people think that its a given that he'll end up at the dolphins. If i were them i would be asking myself why would we want him.
Yeah I was thinking the same. What position is he going to occupy for Redcliffe? 14? If so it will be back on the $250k he was earning at the Broncos.

Reactions: gREVUS

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Because Wayne rates him.

But he'll never get another contract like the one he's on now. Probably cheap one or two year deals for the rest of his career.

Reactions: gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
Because Wayne rates him.

But he'll never get another contract like the one he's on now. Probably cheap one or two year deals for the rest of his career.
and for wayne he might give 100 percent day in and day out. But not for the warriors, as he has already proven

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings