Sports Cricket World Cup 2023

Southee might come back and chapman might get the chop.

I hope not as well, I have a feeling that Southee's best days are well behind him and he shouldn't even be playing for NZ, tests included.
I'm not sure where he fits in to be honest. You would think Boult is locked in, Henry is playing well, LF offers a point of difference with some pace. We need spinners in the sub continent so playing 4 medium pacers isn't an option.

Southee might come back and chapman might get the chop.

I hope not as well, I have a feeling that Southee's best days are well behind him and he shouldn't even be playing for NZ, tests included.
Mike Hessoj said in an interview today that he thinks they will keep Southee as a super reserve

That said hesson has no insider information

I'm not sure where he fits in to be honest. You would think Boult is locked in, Henry is playing well, LF offers a point of difference with some pace. We need spinners in the sub continent so playing 4 medium pacers isn't an option.
Just a minor quibble

Ferguson bowls his stock ball at 148 kms and he is genuinely fast
Henry and Boult are pushing 140 kms and are fast medium
You could only make a case for Southee being medium fast

Australia are absolutely punishing Pakistan. Going to be posting a monster target unless something strange happens

I haven't watched much cricket the last few years. Been a bit hard with young kids.

Been enjoing watching a bit of this tournament.

India the other night I was thinking the crowd is pretty small then they showed all of the streams of people coming in. The atmosphere then turned around.

One thing that has stood out is the media reporting on the games. I was watching Australia last night with their big opening partnership. Got up the next day to see the score and they didn't have the score card like you'd use to see. Had to figure it out from the sentence saying how many runs Pakistan was short.

Also the grounds they have is pretty cool to see. The IPL getting big would help justify that.

One thing that has stood out is the media reporting on the games. I was watching Australia last night with their big opening partnership. Got up the next day to see the score and they didn't have the score card like you'd use to see. Had to figure it out from the sentence saying how many runs Pakistan was short.
Cricinfo is the best place for cricket news/results if you need another/better media source.

Cricinfo is the best place for cricket news/results if you need another/better media source.

Yeah I often check that site out for stats or results. I just thought it was a good indication of our media has changed. A quick write up about the game but no information on the actual score. You still see in union or league games at the bottom with the score and who scored what.

I'm getting older and spoiled growing up as I remember having the old Men in White book which had every NZ test or ODI game with score cards.

Yeah I often check that site out for stats or results. I just thought it was a good indication of our media has changed. A quick write up about the game but no information on the actual score. You still see in union or league games at the bottom with the score and who scored what.

I'm getting older and spoiled growing up as I remember having the old Men in White book which had every NZ test or ODI game with score cards.
The Tribe app is also good if you want one app that has ball-by-ball commentary and scorecards for cricket, and also tracks a lot of other sports.

I can see England being out for less than 150 here

Edit: I’ll revise that to 100
You know your teams up against it when there’s still 35 overs to go and espncricinfo are giving you only a 0.05% chance of winning the match……

1697898466890.png

Not coached by Baz.

England never seem to get the balance right between wanting a successful test/ODI/T20 set up, they seem have success in one format to the detriment of others.

They're not coached by Baz but they are the same players with the same dopey mentality. They deserve the hidings they get.

Back