Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
Yeah he did seem to struggle but then I thought he was probably the best player on the field against the Knights. Would hope that he can begin to reduce the workload next year and not have to work himself to a standstill over 80 minutes, but rather give 40-50 quality minutes
100% he tore the knights to shreds

I think the talk of shelving TMM is unwarranted.

He took time at the start of the season and was building nicely when the injury happened.

He looked like he needed that time again and what a tough ask to come back and play finals footy.

Defensively solid and nice link play. No surprises Montoya starts scoring trys again once TMM came back to the left.

After a taste of finals footy. I really think making the finals can happen quite often with Webby in charge... having said that we need to weed out players who can't cut it at that level.. maybe give the current squad another year.. then start the cull...

My acquisition targets

Jordan Riki
Kayal iro and we trade any of our young centres for him

Lock/Prop - coaches don't look at it that way these days. They look at Left/Middles/Right

Those players who are in the Middles group are playing the way they're instructed to whether they're listed as prop or listed as lock or whatever.

So the Tohu to prop talk needs to stop because he's already a middle and will continue to play the way he has whether it's with the 13 or 10 on his back.

Our middles are AFB, Tohu, Barnett, Tevaga, plus Walker/Sironen who are game dependent and sometimes play on either edge too. Shifting the numbers on their back will do nothing to how they play within the team structure.

Add Deine Mariner to that list and I'd be happy.

Not trading Leiataua for anyone though...
I feel like Riki is the most consensus we have had towards a target since manu mania two or three years ago

My acquisition targets

Jordan Riki
Kayal iro and we trade any of our young centres for him
Riki would be a great pick up, he's been having an amazon season for the Broncos. Honestly would be happy to just have Ali in the centres he's a gun and should definitely be untouchable.

Riki would be a great pick up, he's been having an amazon season for the Broncos. Honestly would be happy to just have Ali in the centres he's a gun and should definitely be untouchable.
Kayal iro is Kevin’s son
That means his whanau support will guide him towards success
If a trade of Ali for Iro comes up I would take it

You’d wanna get the cheque book out- Could possibly afford him if tohu hangs them up.
I mean quality wise yes!

Dent on the salary cap no. Ford is probably minimum wage player at 80mins.

I would try and keep him and Land Koloamatangi. For nothing else depths sake.

IMO - we gotta find bigger Middles. Aggressive ones that like bashing blokes up and running hard. A guy from the Luke Jacobsen mould.

Upon reflection we blame speed as our major downfall but in looking at that game vs Broncos. Our speed was exposed because our middles struggled to get dominance in one on one tackles.

I would like to see either the emergence of the next Seuseu/Paleasina or we get an established Prop with an physical edge. Either offload or dominance in tackling ala Luck typed guy.

Jeez. Mate watch the prelim final from min 20 to min 60 while watching Tohu. There's taking the field and then there's being effective.

Watch the gaping chasm between the speed that Carrigan is moving with at the 60min mark, and the pained shuffle that Tohu is moving with...
Carrigan was interchanged off at 49 minutes and stayed on the bench. Harris only had a brief spell before coming back on for the final 20 minutes and ended up playing nearly the full 80. Every club would want Carrigan, but equally every club would want a player the calibre of Tohu Harris.

I would try and keep him and Land Koloamatangi. For nothing else depths sake.
Bit of a rumour floating around the rabbitohs forum that Kolomatangi is going to the roosters, obviously can’t be approached yet but apparently it was a rumour going around the ground at the rabbits nsw cup final on the weekend. Rumours Angus Crichton is going to rugby, so would take his spot although with the aussie rugby team looking so poor there could be backflips from him and Sualli’i. Sounds like there could be plenty of movement in the off-season.

Back