General Knee surgery to sideline Vatuvei for three weeks

Reaction score

Vodafone Warriors

Try-scoring record holder Manu Vatuvei is to have surgery on his injured left knee forcing him to miss the Vodafone Warriors’ next three NRL games against North Queensland, Gold Coast and Brisbane.

Continue reading...

Try-scoring record holder Manu Vatuvei is to have surgery on his injured left knee forcing him to miss the Vodafone Warriors’ next three NRL games against North Queensland, Gold Coast and Brisbane.
The 26-year-old suffered the injury during his two-try performance in the club’s 30-16 win against Penrith on June 11.

While he had to withdraw from the side for Saturday night’s match against Cronulla it was initially hoped he would recover after treatment to play in the Vodafone Warriors’ Women in League match against North Queensland at Mount Smart Stadium on Sunday, July 01 (4.00pm kick-off).

However, team doctor John Mayhew today confirmed Vatuvei would now need an operation.
He said Vatuvei had meniscal tears to the medial and lateral ligaments in his left knee. He has been booked in for surgery tomorrow and is expected to be out for three to four weeks, leaving him in line to return for the Vodafone Warriors’ 20th-round encounter with Newcastle at Mount Smart Stadium on Saturday, July 21 (7.30pm kick-off).
Until last Saturday night, Vatuvei had played each of the club’s first 13 matches, scoring seven tries to leave him just three short of becoming the first Vodafone Warriors player to score 100 NRL tries.

Reaction score
Sir Bluey

Sir Bluey

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
rather have Manu 100%..get the op!..We will see who takes his place

Reaction score
ajofbrisbane

ajofbrisbane

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
KNEE SURGERY TO SIDELINE VATUVEI FOR THREE GAMES

Auckland, New Zealand, June 21, 2012 – Try-scoring record holder Manu Vatuvei is to have surgery on his injured left knee forcing him to miss the Vodafone Warriors’ next three NRL games against North Queensland, Gold Coast and Brisbane.

The 26-year-old suffered the injury during his two-try performance in the club’s 30-16 win against Penrith on June 11.

While he had to withdraw from the side for Saturday night’s match against Cronulla it was initially hoped he would recover after treatment to play in the Vodafone Warriors’ Women in League match against North Queensland at Mount Smart Stadium on Sunday, July 01 (4.00pm kick-off).

However, team doctor John Mayhew today confirmed Vatuvei would now need an operation.

He said Vatuvei had meniscal tears to the medial and lateral ligaments in his left knee. He has been booked in for surgery tomorrow and is expected to be out for three to four weeks, leaving him in line to return for the Vodafone Warriors’ 20th-round encounter with Newcastle at Mount Smart Stadium on Saturday, July 21 (7.30pm kick-off).

Until last Saturday night, Vatuvei had played each of the club’s first 13 matches, scoring seven tries to leave him just three short of becoming the first Vodafone Warriors player to score 100 NRL tries.

Reaction score

drydenio

U20's Player
Reaction score
ok so a winger goes down, that means a fullback should replace him because all our 2nd rowers are busy covering centre, hooker, prop and second row but its a winger so a fullback it must be. our clubs messed up

Reaction score
Warriorholic

Warriorholic

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Wont Ukuma slot in for Maaaarnu?

Reaction score

Danpatmac

This is exactly why Inu should still be in Auckland.

Man....

Reaction score
Navigator

Navigator

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
locke to wing and Omar to full back ????????????

Reaction score

Danpatmac

Fish injured, Manu injured, Inu gone ... leaves Tupou and Omar and daylight.

Reaction score
Navigator

Navigator

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
what about pita is he any good in other positions??? I don't know what we have in the Vulcans.

Reaction score

Danpatmac

what about pita is he any good in other positions??? I don't know what we have in the Vulcans.
Penehe is in the senior squad but he can't even make a decent go of it in the Vulcans,

I would imagine that (god forgive me) you might see Mannering back in the centres and Hurrell on the wing if Omar or Tupou go down injured... dear god.

Reaction score

drydenio

U20's Player
Reaction score
is dylan collier in the top squad?

Reaction score
Navigator

Navigator

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
he played Vulcans last week and did alright so I hear, and with James leaving we could do with a kicker

Reaction score

Danpatmac

I don't believe he is in the top 25 squad... but is getting consistent selection in the vulcans. Can't say i'm a fan though.

Reaction score
OMG

OMG

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
he played Vulcans last week and did alright so I hear, and with James leaving we could do with a kicker
Locke and SJ are very good kickers

Reaction score
Blain

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Yeah he isn't contracted with Warriors, but has a Vulcans contract I'm pretty sure. He would be after Omar, Fish and Hurrell.

Locke to win and Fish to fullback is a shocking idea, you better not be Bluey Navigator!! haha. Locke is a fantastic fullback, really adds alot to the team in attack and defence, and was a sus winger. Would de strength both positions.

I would say put Fish there if Omar doesn't want to be here next year (if he isn't still injured). I hope Warriors management say to Omar that you have a chance for a spot in first grade, if you take it you better take this contract.. ;)

Reaction score
OMG

OMG

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Yeah he isn't contracted with Warriors, but has a Vulcans contract I'm pretty sure. He would be after Omar, Fish and Hurrell.
Hiku and Lolohea would be in the mix since we have played Omar now, but you would think Bluey would stick with Omar now if fish isn't ready.

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Big opportunity for Omar

1.His market worth is built on his Rep at Fb in the under 20's last year.

2. An opportunity to play out of position with unfamiliar team mates.

3.Up for Sale possibly. No track record in First Grade , neither good nor bad ( prior to last week)

4. replacing Vatuvie is a job with no future for anyone.

5. After last week he knows the defensive expectations and standards are no different to the Under 20's

Reaction score

slaughterhouse.sa

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Hiku and Lolohea would be in the mix since we have played Omar now, but you would think Bluey would stick with Omar now if fish isn't ready.
no chance ...lolohea can barely make the otahuhu prems
great potential...but plenty to work on.

I think Hiku will get a fulltime deal for next year

Top Bottom