Internationals Kiwis vs Tonga

Defence

Defence

How does everyone feel about Mulitalo repping the black jersey?
Have to admit ive softened my stance on this over the years.
Having seen kiwi kids come through the qld system now I can understand the lure and how it happens. Apparently nsw wanted leota for game 3 last year but after doing some checks realized he came to australia when he was 13 not 12 like he had been telling everyone....🤥
At the moment I dont think we can afford to be too picky- cause no other nation seems to give a fark and if we try take the high ground we're gonna be left behind.

Reactions: 9 users
Boats n Hoes

Boats n Hoes

Stacked Kiwis squad, one of the best ever. Congratulations to former Warrior Erin Clark for making the reserves, well deserved reward for good form, great achievement.
Just found out he's the son of Temepara Bayley formerly George nee Clark.

Apple doesnt fall too far from the tree.....that girl was a beast of a netballer

Reactions: 7 users
Paulo24

Paulo24

Just found out he's the son of Temepara Bayley formerly George nee Clark.

Apple doesnt fall too far from the tree.....that girl was a beast of a netballer
Seems like he would be more use in the 17 than Foran. If he’s on (which is a big if), he brings a lot of energy and passion to a team. I have seen him swing the momentum in a game. Lacks a little bit of skill and smarts but has bucketloads of passion.

Reactions: 2 users
Boats n Hoes

Boats n Hoes

I have a couple of questions for everyone.
1. Is Niukore at centre and Manu at FB better than TMM at FB and Manu at centre? He hasn't played FB at Roosters at all to my knowledge. I would have thought Hiku/Manu would be a pretty dangerous combo?
Manu's played fullback for the chooks....pretty well from memory.

I think Niukore at centre (along with Rapana and Manu) gives us a bit of presence to help combat the physicality the Tongans will bring........(interested to see how he goes here given he's coming here next season and we lack in this regard out in the three quarter line)

Reactions: 6 users
Defence

Defence

37FB1BC0 EFB0 43EE 854F 14C1C56E21CE

Reactions: 4 users

6Again

Pity we couldn’t sell him on the Warriors, we certainly could use those metres from him coming out of yardage. Would’ve ruled out all the conjecture around our current fullback sticking around any longer than he feels he wants to.

Hope Manu kills it for the Kiwis.

Reactions: 4 users
Canadian_WarriorFan

Canadian_WarriorFan

Does anyone know what the parking situation will be like tomorrow afternoon for the test match? Will the parking lots across the street from Mt Smart be open?

Cheers!

Horriors2013

Horriors2013

Manu's played fullback for the chooks....pretty well from memory.

I think Niukore at centre (along with Rapana and Manu) gives us a bit of presence to help combat the physicality the Tongans will bring........(interested to see how he goes here given he's coming here next season and we lack in this regard out in the three quarter line)
Ok sound logic. Can't wait to see.

1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Although they have advertised free public transport to the game today, there are no trains running on the southern line. There are only buses available.
Getting in and out of Mt Smart is going to be a mission today.

1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Does anyone know what the parking situation will be like tomorrow afternoon for the test match? Will the parking lots across the street from Mt Smart be open?

Cheers!
Some business may allow parking out side the road closure areas.

Impacted roads: Beasley Avenue, Maurice Road, and O'Rorke Road

Roads closed: Beasley Avenue, O'Rorke Road (Between Church Street and Station Road), Stop/Go Maurice Road

Road closure time: 12:30pm to 9:30pm

Parking impact: Beasley Avenue, Maurice Road, Station Road and O'Rorke Road

Parking restriction time: 12:30pm to 9:30pm

Reactions: 1 user
Canadian_WarriorFan

Canadian_WarriorFan

Some business may allow parking out side the road closure areas.

Impacted roads: Beasley Avenue, Maurice Road, and O'Rorke Road

Roads closed: Beasley Avenue, O'Rorke Road (Between Church Street and Station Road), Stop/Go Maurice Road

Road closure time: 12:30pm to 9:30pm

Parking impact: Beasley Avenue, Maurice Road, Station Road and O'Rorke Road

Parking restriction time: 12:30pm to 9:30pm
Thanks for that!

Sup42

Sup42

Be a great game and just wot the Doctor ordered....how good to have a decent team of world class names to support.

That Kiwi forward pack is stacked with tough rugged players, harking back to our tradition in the 80s and prior.

Just what you need to Weather the MMT storm.

Also nice there are barely any Warriors stinking the joint up with Dallin Watene-Zelezniak on the fringe.

Good to see Fozz back, a chance to redeem himself and great cover for a spine disaster mid game.

I like our balance better than Tonga, whose hopes fall on their halves playing above themselves.

Will be a close game, Tonga have all the attributes of a great team, power, skill, cohesion, passion and the smarts to deliver their own game plan.

They can punch holes in you from anywhere and provided the bounce of the ball is kind to the halves, they can easily win against anyone.

Smash and bash tonight.

Won't be too upset if MMT win, they are the real deal and belong right where they are, challenging for World number one test side.

They have no recent history since they formed in this new Tongan epoch of boring predictable losses to Aus. They're pretty much a new Nation. And have one hell of a record to go with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Canadian_WarriorFan

Canadian_WarriorFan

Be a great game and just wot the Doctor ordered....how good to have a decent team of world class names to support.

That Kiwi forward pack is stacked with tough rugged players, harking back to our tradition in the 80s and prior.

Just what you need to Weather the MMT storm.

Also nice there are barely any Warriors stinking the joint up with Dallin Watene-Zelezniak on the fringe.

Good to see Fozz back, a chance to redeem himself and great cover for a spine disaster mid game.

I like our balance better than Tonga, whose hopes fall on their halves playing above themselves.

Will be a close game, Tonga have all the attributes of a great team, power, skill, cohesion, passion and the smarts to deliver their own game plan.

They can punch holes in you from anywhere and provided the bounce of the ball is kind to Ata and Lolohea, they can easily win against anyone.

Smash and bash tonight.

Won't be too upset if MMT win, they are the real deal and belong right where they are, challenging for World number one test side.

They have no recent history since they formed in this new Tongan epoch of boring predictable losses to Aus. They're pretty much a new Nation. And have one hell of a record to go with it.
Only issue with your commentary is neither ata or lolohea are playing.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Lance155

Lance155

There is something incredibly infuriating about seeing your home ground overtaken by the visiting team

Reactions: 6 users