Internationals Kiwis v England 2015 Test Series

Reaction score
mode81

mode81

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I would say congrats to the England team but not their arrogant stuck up fans, they can get farked.

Reaction score

rekt

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
I thought Kahu was a weakness England exploited well, Whitehead specifically targeted him and it paid off to the point Harris (awesome player) to cover that side of the field also.
Personally I'd have SKD there but who knows how other players will kick on next year.
Harris was playing opposite Whitehead, so what are you on about?

Kahu slipped off a few tackles but wasn't at fault for any of the england tries, he played pretty well imo.

Reaction score
brightman

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Harris was playing opposite Whitehead,
Harris was everywhere
Kahu slipped off a few tackles but wasn't at fault for any of the england tries, he played pretty well imo.
Kahu slipped off Whitehead several times, one lead directly to.. a try by Whitehead.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Harris was everywhere
Our best player today IMO. Dont know how the Storm do it but man they breed those boys tough. He was struggling at stages but you could see him dig really deep and make the next tackle or run. Thought Adam Blair did his best as well.

Where was Marty Kapow all series? Didnt think he put hs hand up much. Plays with a lot more fire against the Ockers.

Really liked the look of Jermaine McGillvary. He was a handful for us all game...

Reaction score
mode81

mode81

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Our best player today IMO. Dont know how the Storm do it but man they breed those boys tough. He was struggling at stages but you could see him dig really deep and make the next tackle or run. Thought Adam Blair did his best as well.

Where was Marty Kapow all series? Didnt think he put hs hand up much. Plays with a lot more fire against the Ockers.

Really liked the look of Jermaine McGillvary. He was a handful for us all game...
Those Storm boys are impressive, they always are. Come from a real disciplined culture at the Storm and they apply it at test level, just brilliant players.

The poms handled Taupau really well over there, gang tackled him every time so he couldn't build momentum with his runs and purposefully ran away from him on attack so he couldn't put any big shots on them, clever tactics.

Reaction score
brightman

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Where was Marty Kapow all series?
His head wasn't right that's for sure and RTS looked like he needs re-treads but they all still tried, understrength and a month away from home on the other side of the world.

England got lucky and won a bloody shield?! Hardly a Tri-Nations, Four Nations or World Cup. Oh and their still the 3rd ranked team in the world.

Reaction score
surfin

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
His head wasn't right that's for sure and RTS looked like he needs re-treads but they all still tried, understrength and a month away from home on the other side of the world.

England got lucky and won a bloody shield?! Hardly a Tri-Nations, Four Nations or World Cup. Oh and their still the 3rd ranked team in the world.
Yeah but winning it would be better than losing it.

Reaction score
brightman

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Yeah but winning it would be better than losing it.
Honestly, I don't give a shit about it. I've seen the Kiwis win the Tri-Nations, Four Nations and World Cup. Some serious silverware. Every time we were playing against the ozzies in the Final match simply because we beat the poms already.

Reaction score
mode81

mode81

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't give a shit about it. I've seen the Kiwis win the Tri-Nations, Four Nations and World Cup. Some serious silverware. Every time we were playing against the ozzies in the Final match simply because we beat the poms already.
Yeah bro I'm with you on that one.. let them have their little series win it's all good, makes them feel relevant I suppose.

When they come back to these parts and we have our full strength team we'll see how much shit they talk then.

Reaction score
Fazz

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
They are no worse than the guys who do the Super League for Sky Sports.

And we have short memories - Costo anyone?
They're the same guys and they're still awful in those games. I'm not sure why you're defending them. They're fucking rubbish.

Also, implying that this forum didn't hate Costo too? I'm definitely not going to claim Costo was any better. To be honest, I dislike most of the commentators that do league. So many of them are pushing a blatant agenda. The only one that's generally okay is Sterlo. Most of the others are too busy being grumpy old men, riding the lastest wave of hype or supporting their old club to do their jobs properly.

Reaction score
Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
They're the same guys and they're still awful in those games. I'm not sure why you're defending them. They're fucking rubbish.

Also, implying that this forum didn't hate Costo too? I'm definitely not going to claim Costo was any better. To be honest, I dislike most of the commentators that do league. So many of them are pushing a blatant agenda. The only one that's generally okay is Sterlo. Most of the others are too busy being grumpy old men, riding the lastest wave of hype or supporting their old club to do their jobs properly.
I wasn't defending them - I was saying that they were no worse than Eddie and Stevo.

And I was simply reminding people that we have and have had some awful punditry in NZ too.

Reaction score

rekt

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
Harris was everywhere

Kahu slipped off Whitehead several times, one lead directly to.. a try by Whitehead.
he only slipped off once mate, you're thinking of the tackles he slipped off Watkins

as for the try. kahu was forced off his centre due to a poor read by Hiku, sure he should have made the tackle but you could say the same for Harris.

Reaction score
Harrigan

Harrigan

U20's Player
Reaction score
Kahu struggled to cope with Watkins too. He ran rings around him a few times yesterday and on the odd occasion he actually got the ball in the first two tests.

SKD would probably be the better defensive option.

As for RTS, England's coach has been his assistant coach at the Roosters. I think this had a lot to do with why he was handled so well. McNamara took him out of every game and made him pretty much a non-factor.

Reaction score

GazrethW

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
I would say congrats to the England team but not their arrogant stuck up fans, they can get farked.
Which arrogant stuck up fans would they be? You all seem to be inventing people who are acting like they won the World Cup.

Reaction score
Stone

Stone

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I purposefully left commenting on this test series until at least 24hrs after yesterdays result, because after what seem like an age of missing out on my Sunday morning sleep in (due to both this test series & the RWC) all I would've been able to muster up is a sleep deprived bitch fest ... which there seems to be more than enough of already in this thread lol

Winning a test series over England / Great Britain in the UK has historically always been a very difficult proposition for the Kiwis & I always felt this series would be no different in that regard, so with that in mind I'm bitterly disappointed with the way Kiwis performed & the end result, because I can't help but feel that they missed out on a genuine opportunity to not only notch up a rare series victory on British soil, but also to really ram home their newly found status as the No.1 league test playing nation in the world

Regardless of the players who were injured or not selected for this series, I still always felt we had enough talent & experience in the squad to achieve a rare series victory on British soil, but in the end the Kiwis were simply too undisciplined, made far too many basic errors & lacked any real cohesion as a unit to pull it off

Still, congratulations to the English for coming away with the series victory, both squads seemed quite evenly matched & if I look at the overall series objectively then I would have to concede that the English probably performed marginally better than the Kiwis over the entirety of the series, the English just seemed to want it a wee bit more than the Kiwis this time around & they were well deserved winners in the end

I totally agree with the comments that an English victory is probably the best result for the overall health of international rugby league as a whole & I also agree that nations like Samoa, Tonga, Papua New Guinea etc need to find a way (or somehow get help) to elevate their own game to further enhance the credibility of international rugby league

From a Kiwis point of view, one real positive I took from this test series is the continual progression of Tohu Harris, since his rather ignominious scratching from the Kiwis 2013 Rugby League World squad, Harris has since made every post a winner at both club & international level & has fast become an absolutely integral part of this Kiwis current lineup

Harris comes equipped with that embrace the grind mentally that seems to always be instilled in players who have risen through the Melbourne Storm system & in that regard he also reminds me of Simon Mannering, but Harris also has some real mongrel about his game, has exceptional ball skills, a great turn of pace & deft footwork for a man of his size

I would also go so far as to say that he would not be out of place in my mind as a future Kiwis captain, if he was to become the future Kiwis skip though I think he may have to bite the bullet & pay a visit to his local barber lol

So yeah, overall I'm still bitterly disappointed that the Kiwis couldn't pull off the series victory, but on the flipside I'm already fizzing for the 2016 Four Nations in the UK & hopefully we will see the Kiwis, the English & the Roos at full strength, I purposefully left out the Scots, because lets face it, they should be nothing more than cannon fodder for the big three & in that regard I would've much rather seen the Samoans or even the Tongans included in the tournament, but it is what it is i guess

Last edited:
Reaction score
Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Which arrogant stuck up fans would they be? You all seem to be inventing people who are acting like they won the World Cup.
The only sport a lot of kiwis see is rugby union, so some of them have the perception that all English people went to a private school, drink champers and look down on the rest of the world.

Reaction score
Stone

Stone

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Pure ignorance from some Kiwis fans in that regard, in my experience British rugby league fans are almost identical to Kiwi rugby league fans, in the sense that the majority are good, honest, hard working, blue collar people who are hugely passionate about rugby league

Oh & both sets of fans from both countries have watched their respective rugby unions repeatedly shit all over their preferred code for time immemorial

Don't sweat it aye Gaz, not too many NZ league fans that I know of actually feel that way, as usual for this country (unfortunately) it's just the opinion of the ignorant vocal minority :D

Reaction score
Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Pure ignorance from some Kiwis fans in that regard, in my experience British rugby league fans are almost identical to Kiwi rugby league fans, in the sense that the majority are good, honest, hard working, blue collar people who are hugely passionate about rugby league

Oh & both sets of fans from both countries have watched their respective rugby unions repeatedly shit all over their preferred code for time immemorial

Don't sweat it aye Gaz, not too many NZ league fans that I know of actually feel that way, as usual for this country (unfortunately) it's just the opinion of the ignorant vocal minority :D
I got slated on here for calling all English rugby union fans privileged or something similar (and I am a Pom.)

Top Bottom