Internationals Kiwis v England 2015 Test Series

Reaction score
surfin

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
England and the Kiwis have been close the last few years so I'm not completely surprised by the result but tests should be controlled by neutral refs, was he the reason they won? Probably not, but at times he sure gave them a leg up. The result was good for international league which I guess is a plus but losing pisses me off.

Reaction score
Magic Stick

Magic Stick

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Missed the game...worth watching the replay

Reaction score
Defence

Defence

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Similar to the last game- neither side had much to offer in attack but both showed pride in defence.
The kiwis in particular lacked polish on the end of their sets.
The less said about the home town ref the better- a tad biased to say the least.
Both sides will be a lot stronger next year- can't wait for the four nations.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Congratulations to England on winning the series and the Baskerville Shield...

11206948_10153632174797597_1633980746819700451_n.jpg
CTx-h48W4AUzMEK.jpg

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Congrats POM's, long waited for and well deserved.

As others have said England have been pretty much as good as NZ for some time now, especially on thier home patch, they were unlucky not to play in a WC final.

The better team beat us, that's the way it is. Brilliant result for Rugby League I'm genuinely happy on that score.

Love this game, its been withering away dying a slow death in my life time, E gland and Great Britain were such an integral part of games you looked forward to as a kid.

Players like Hanley, Edwards Offiah, Goulding, were stars like Thurston and Johnson are today, now most sports fans would only recognise a few names in that part of the world because of the NRL.

The next step I'm looking forward to is when someone like Samoa beat one of either us or the Aussies.

Then we'll have a long term future as a sport.

Reaction score
Tedster

Tedster

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Just finished watching the game and three biggest disappointments were 1) the loss, 2) Peta Hiku but the biggest one was the horrendous noise coming out of the commentary box, bloody hell they were farkin awful - looked for the alternate commentary on the sky remote but sadly none was there. Oh and how small were the in goals? :arghh::arghh::arghh:

Reaction score

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
You guys realize that wasn't the first choice England team right? And you lot didn't seem to have problems celebrating a win over the Aussie C team last year.
Dont worry mate, Kiwi fans arent immune to "obnoxious bad loser syndrome" as much as any other country.

Like you said both teams we're understrength and you can only play what you put on the field and England were the better team...end of.

For mine with the all territory we we're able to gain we (as Defence said) lacked the polish to finish off sets (not to mention strong English D). Would've loved to have seen Nikorima or Lolohea develop alongside Benji playing the steady hand. Hiku (no fault of his own) isnt a stand off's arsehole and will never be one. I still think Kearney's the right man....but he ferked up on this one.

Reaction score
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Why on earth have only the neutral ref sitting behind the tv screen...
The commentators mentioned that there had been complaints about his after last week...plenty to complain about this week.
International league is a farce if the home side can pick a home ref to control a game!

2 English tries came off the back of rubbish penalties. One was an apparent high shot where nobody came into contact with an English neck or head. The other was hands in the play the ball where the English guy dropped it cold - even the appalling bbc morons managed a snigger at that call!!

Hiku... Kearney that cock up is on you pal.

Reaction score
Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I don't think Wigan is high on the list, Paris is full of radical muslims, Wigan is full of league fans
There's no point bombing somewhere that looks like a bomb has already hit it.

On the weather thing, I think most kiwis would be surprised how little rain some parts of England get - I lived in London for years and would doubt that it gets half the rain that Auckland does, for instance.

Reaction score
Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
These pom commentators really do make the game unwatchable, don't they?
They are no worse than the guys who do the Super League for Sky Sports.

And we have short memories - Costo anyone?

Reaction score
Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
About 10 years ago in Sydney? Then again I wasn't claiming England to be a better team than NZ, I'm not sure anyone in England is. But some people in this thread seem to have gotten so upset at the result that they've decided England shouldn't be allowed to be happy at winning a game.
It would be great for the game of the poms could compete with the kiwis and aussies on a regular basis going forward.

Reaction score
surfin

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
It would be great for the game of the poms could compete with the kiwis and aussies on a regular basis going forward.

It's vital if we want to get the Aussies to pull their heads out of their own arses with the whole SOO is the pinnacle thing, that's despite the fact that for the last 10 years it's been a one sided slaughter.

Reaction score
jonno

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
It's a dark day for international rugby league seeing that much obvious bias from a home ref.. It's hit a new low, which has tainted England's series victory.

If the sport wants to be taken seriously then neutral refs are essential..

Kerney stuck to his guns with his squad and did the best he could with the players who met his high standards. He just needs to keep doing what got us to No1 in the world.

Well played to England, who played hard and took their chances. But what might have been with an international standard ref? You guys can count yourselves lucky.

Next home series here in NZ I hope we don't have a retribution reffing situation, and play a fair contest with neutral refs...

This isn't the WWE wrestling, or is it?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Horriors2014

Horriors2014

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Congrats POM's, long waited for and well deserved.

As others have said England have been pretty much as good as NZ for some time now, especially on thier home patch, they were unlucky not to play in a WC final.

The better team beat us, that's the way it is. Brilliant result for Rugby League I'm genuinely happy on that score.

Love this game, its been withering away dying a slow death in my life time, E gland and Great Britain were such an integral part of games you looked forward to as a kid.

Players like Hanley, Edwards Offiah, Goulding, were stars like Thurston and Johnson are today, now most sports fans would only recognise a few names in that part of the world because of the NRL.

The next step I'm looking forward to is when someone like Samoa beat one of either us or the Aussies.

Then we'll have a long term future as a sport.
Yeah I'm rather pleased really. I didn't expect to be. But England are as good as Australasia now. It makes for an excellent four nations next year.

I don't think this tour was a failure at all. Kahu and Nikorima were developed well. We know if SJ or Foran go down in future that Nikorima will step up. And he can only get better. And who is good enough to play Kahu out of his position right now? Will SKD take his Centre spot back?

We were never out of contention in any game. We have well and truly established consistency. So IMO we are in good stead.

Reaction score
Horriors2014

Horriors2014

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Get real, it was definitely a B team. Vatuvei was awesome vs the ozzies, bootlace catches on the sideline for tries and all the rest.
A B team is 17 players who can't make the A team. Most of this team beat Australia 3 times in a row. Only missing 5 players this time. I'mean saying this series was so tight that handling errors would have killed either side. The conditions were extremely greasy. Vatuvei might have done a lot of good but we both know well that in the best of conditions he makes one handling error per game. In these conditions add 1 or 2 more.

Reaction score
brightman

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
And who is good enough to play Kahu out of his position right now? Will SKD take his Centre spot back?
I thought Kahu was a weakness England exploited well, Whitehead specifically targeted him and it paid off to the point Harris (awesome player) to cover that side of the field also.
Personally I'd have SKD there but who knows how other players will kick on next year.

Reaction score
brightman

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
A B team is 17 players who can't make the A team. Most of this team beat Australia 3 times in a row. Only missing 5 players this time. I'mean saying this series was so tight that handling errors would have killed either side. The conditions were extremely greasy. Vatuvei might have done a lot of good but we both know well that in the best of conditions he makes one handling error per game. In these conditions add 1 or 2 more.
Exactly, so Nikorima, Kahu, Brown and Glen wouldn't make the best 17, that's two starters and two from the bench. Then factor in the musical chairs to cover the injured halves, Captain and high impact players like JT & MV.
For the next test the Kiwis play I'd love to see this line up
1. RTS
2. DWZ
3. Whare
4. SKD
5. Vatuvei
6. Foran
7. Johnson
8. Bromwich
9. Luke
10. JWH
11. Proctor