Internationals KIWIS RLWC2013 Campaign

Instagram videos of the Kiwi lads playing up...
instagram.com/p/fzUrihMlpJ/

hahaha classic

Remember doing that growing up ?

Oldest brother used to line us up and make us run at him one after another so he could practise his spot tackling ( hole in the wall eek )

Reactions: 1 users
Fairfax NZ
Kiwis met kids from clubs in the St Helens area.

astatic2.stuff.co.nz_1382465562_743_9315743.jpg

Getty Images
MORE NEEDED: The Kiwis have poured over the footage of their win over the Cook Islands looking for improvements.
League
Kangaroos jersey a 'massive gift': Fifita Outmuscling Kiwis will not be Samoa's best hope Union should have been my game, says Mason Kiwis targeting an improved effort against Samoa Hock ditched from English squad for World Cup Greg Inglis out to continue his scoring streak Knives out for England after early fumble to Italy World Cup swansong for prop Petero Civoniceva Sonny Bill the focus as World Cup launches Ivan Cleary's late arrival factored in with Kiwis
Ads by Google
8 Myths of Golf Swing?SquareToSquareMethod.com
Pros Called Him "Straight Arrow" Learn His Swing Secrets Here Free!

New Zealand fullback Kevin Locke says the team have pored over the footage of their 50-0 warm-up win over the Cook Islands and is sure that they can improve their game.

The Kiwis start their Rugby League World Cup defence against Samoa on Monday morning (NZ time) and although they had a big win last weekend, Locke believes they can play better.

"We had a video session this morning and went over a few things we could fix up," Locke said.

"All of the boys agreed that it wasn't the best performance and was a bit of a blowout.

"We're looking forward to making sure we get all of those 1 per centers right this weekend, heading into our opener."

Samoa were thrashed 52-16 by an England B team in their World Cup warm-up game and there is little to suggest they will pose more of a threat than the Cook Islands did.

But where they can be a challenge to the Kiwis is with their physicality, especially through the middle.

"They've got quite a big forward pack and they're a quite strong bunch of blokes all across the park," Locke said.

"We will have to man up, hopefully shut them down and work them over."

Against the Cook Islands Locke took over the goal kicking role in the second half, before passing it on to Bryson Goodwin.

While Shaun Johnson will be the main goal kicker in the Kiwis squad, Locke said he would be used as a backup.

"I kicked one from two and I sprayed the second one, so I thought I'd give up the kicking duties to someone else," he said.

"I'm not here to focus on the kicking, I'm focused on hopefully getting that starting spot at the back.

"I do practise at training and if the opportunity comes I'll certainly step up."

Before coming to the World Cup Locke finally sorted out where he would be playing in the NRL next year.

With Sam Tomkins arriving at the Warriors, the club allowed Locke to talk to other teams and agreed to release him from the last year of his contract, if he could get a deal done by October 15.

The Panthers, Sharks and Bulldogs were the clubs most interested in him, but no deal was done in time and he'll be back in Auckland again for 2014.

"I am certainly looking forward to the Kiwis' campaign, then have a bit of a holiday before getting into training with the Warriors next year," he said.

Meanwhile, Thomas Leuluai remains in doubt for this weekend's game. He is still troubled by a groin injury and yesterday had a cortisone injection.

as0.2mdn.net_dot.gif
Kiwis-target-improved-performance-against-Samoa

Lol the old 'run it straight in the hall way' game, my lil bro still hurting till this day due to my Manu Vatuvei hit up like runs and yeah, still a hole in the wall too.lol

Reactions: 2 users
I like the one where SBW says ***** yeah Bro in the grand final I was looking for you..........then a lady pops out and say's excuse me guys we are having a meeting in here LMAO

I wonder if Sonny will play six this weekend with Tommy's groin dodgey so that Kieran gets a game off

Last edited:
It's been suggested on this site that maybe Hohaia should be brought in to cover for injuries. Can you imagine how quickly Nig's would be loading his shotgun and heading to NZRL HQ if Lance was selected to play at FB ahead of Locke?

BTW, I'd be there passing Nig's his ammo!!!

Reactions: 1 users
According to My Sources the games almost a Sell out with only the South stand left with a bunch of tickets going fast. Good effort by the Locals , Mt Smart was half empty when NZ played Samoa at $ 5 a ticket.

Reactions: 1 user
Liverpool suits Kiwis ahead of Cup opener
DAVID LONG IN LIVERPOOL
Last updated 07:41 25/10/2013
League
Burgess brothers suit up against Australia Smith welcomes chance to face off against Widdop Australasian players dominate World Cup teams Sonny Bill rules out any boxing for three years Kangaroos jersey a 'massive gift': Andrew Fifita Outmuscling Kiwis will not be Samoa's best hope Union should have been my game, says Mason Kiwis targeting an improved effort against Samoa Hock ditched from English squad for World Cup Greg Inglis out to continue his scoring streak
Ads by Google
Home Renovation-Aucklandwww.aandaextensions.co.nz
We have done lots of Renovations in Blockhouse Bay, call our team today

Liverpool has been a good place for the Kiwis to base themselves ahead of the Rugby League World Cup opener on Monday morning NZ time.

They play Samoa in Warrington, which is 30 kilometres from Liverpool and they've been training in St Helens, 23km away.

While there are hassles associated with having to make those daily trips, the benefits come from the team's down time when they can explore Britain's seventh-biggest city.

For Greg Eastwood, a lifelong supporter of the Liverpool soccer team it has been a great opportunity to enjoy the sights and he did so yesterday proudly wearing a Liverpool FC cap.

For the likes of Krisnan Inu, it's been the shops and museums that have taken his interest.

"Liverpool has been awesome," Inu said.

"We're fortunate to be staying at the Hilton and that's great for us, we're right next to the shops and some of us have gone across to the museum and have done a bit of sightseeing."

Inu's role off the field is to be the Kiwis' official DJ, which means being in charge of the music the players listen to and he says it's a job that isn't too taxing.

"I just have to press play and that's it," he said.

"I look like the cool guy doing mixes on my phone."

One of the downsides of being in Liverpool is that the weather hasn't been great, with it being wet and cold most days and it's likely the Kiwis will be playing with a wet ball against Samoa.

"It is a lot different to the NRL, but both teams will play under the same conditions," Inu said.

"So there are no real excuses if you drop the ball or not. Both teams are playing in the same weather."

Despite beating the Cook Islands 50-0 last week, the Kiwis weren't overly happy with their performance and Inu said they would be looking for an improved effort in their first game that matters on this trip.

"Last week was our first test, so this week is the final show for us, it's do or die from here," he said.

"We want to play our best footy and show what we're going to bring to the World Cup, so for us, we've got to play well." Meanwhile, Eastwood says there are some differences in how Kiwis coach Stephen Kearney wants the team to play, to what he's experienced this year at the Bulldogs.

"Back at our club the forwards play a bit more of a passing game," he said.

"We can still do that here, but we want to go forward first and we go in pairs.

"But in the middle, you just do one job and that's go forward."

Ad Feedback
That would be right. Inu playing D.J. the job that's not to taxing

Last edited:
According to My Sources the games almost a Sell out with only the South stand left with a bunch of tickets going fast. Good effort by the Locals , Mt Smart was half empty when NZ played Samoa at $ 5 a ticket.
Got a message on the face page from my brother in law saying it has sold out and he has missed out.

Ryan

Heritage Member
still no side named? what the heck is going on.
According to Sup42/SMH (I couldn't find the source myself, although I didn't look very hard) the team will be named Friday morning (which I presume to mean BST - British Standard Time). Seeming it is currently Friday 5:17am BST, I don't imagine Kearney will be jumping out of bed this early to appease us. Give it till around 11am BST, which should be 11pm NZDT.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Does any one know how to watch the games in Melbourne. 7mate is not showing any games on the guide and the first game is tonight

I'll post the team if I can from sunny Canary Wharf in London. A bit busy with work mind you(which really means surfing the net every 5minutes for the team!!).

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Thanks Ryan you're right I was out a night. It is showing on 7mate. The only channel that is exclusively HD. And therefore the only one I can't record. I see some v.late nights and early mornings in my future