Internationals Kiwis New Coach 2018?

Who would you like to be the Kiwis next coach?

• Des Hasler

• Geoff Toovey

• Laurie Daly

• Michael Maguire

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
YeahNah 4020

YeahNah 4020

Hasler not in the running for kiwis coach as he is still aiming for a club gig,

Toovey passed over for the job.

Leaves Daley and Mick Mags in the race!

warriors4eva

they will pick Daley, the man with the losingest ( is that even a word ) record in state of origin

great players dont always make great coaches.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

Daley probably has the lowest chance of getting an NRL job out of the 4 candidates.

I guess they don't want a repeat of the Kearney situation where the club said he couldn't do both.

Reactions: 1 users

WarriorBall

Just watching Madge on 360 last night suggested to me he would like nothing more than to be back within the day to day coaching environment that is the NRL. If he's told the panel at NZRL headquarters that he's committed long term to the Kiwi's I think he's probably kidding himself, I sense he'd jump at the chance to coach in the NRL again if an opportunity came up.

Probably a good thing that Des has dropped out, there'll be plenty of media swirling around him soon with his court case which would be a distraction for the Kiwis and honestly who knows how long it'll play out for.

Toovey's been looked past by the panel I think for obvious reasons.

Daley could have a real shot I believe, he's my third choice out of the four but I think he'll tick a few boxes for the panel.

Still if the NZRL could get an honest commitment out of McGuire I'd be happy to see his appointment as coach and I'd like to see someone with aspirations to coach the Kiwis like Ritchie Blackmore in an assistant role.

Reactions: 4 users
AlexM

AlexM

According to Wikipedia, he moved to Sydney from Auckland when he was 17. If you're not born in NSW or QLD, you must have moved there before your 13th birthday to play origin.

Another fun fact about him, his middle name is Nike.
Named after the Greek goddess of Victory?
Or the shoe....

• Haha
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

Saw something on Facebook saying that Michael Maguire will be the next Kiwis coach.

Stoked if it's true.

flying coconut

Why not get Madge in their with Stacey and Richie Blackmore as assistants.

Madge would of been my first choice. I think he is a great fit and would turn this team into a force. With test footy it is more about man management and I think this is Madges strength.

Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

Madge for me. I just like how he acan motivate a team as he did with the Bunnies.

Daley is ok by me but I'm not 100% convinced he can make the tough calls with the established players

I just don't like Toovey or Hasler but probably only because of my own issues hahahaha.

But whoever gets the job it won't matter to me if their performance is awesome.

I'm such a cheap date.

Selector

Michael Maguire Head coach. Stacey Jones and Nathan Cayless to be his assistant coaches.

Reactions: 7 users
Ozwarrior

Ozwarrior

MADGE INCHING CLOSE TO KIWI JOB
FORMER South Sydney coach Michael Maguire has emerged as the street corner tip to become the new Kiwis coach. Maguire and former NSW coach Laurie Daley are the two frontrunners with Maguire said to have his nose in front after Des Hasler and Geoff Toovey withdrew while Ritchie Blackmore is still in the mix.

It is understood Maguire — who still harbours a desire to coach in the NRL — would be able to combine the roles should he land the Kiwis gig.

warriors4eva

Madge for me. I just like how he acan motivate a team as he did with the Bunnies.

Daley is ok by me but I'm not 100% convinced he can make the tough calls with the established players

I just don't like Toovey or Hasler but probably only because of my own issues hahahaha.

But whoever gets the job it won't matter to me if their performance is awesome.

I'm such a cheap date.

im 100% convinced Daley 'WONT" make the tough calls, its exactly what he did at NSW and look at how well that went LOL !!

Fazz

Fazz

Nice. Good upgrade going from a guy that hasn't even won an NRL match as a coach, to one that's won an NRL Premiership.

Tedster

Tedster

KIDwell as an assistant ?

images

Status
Not open for further replies.