Internationals Kiwis New Coach 2018?

Who would you like to be the Kiwis next coach?

• Des Hasler

• Geoff Toovey

• Laurie Daly

• Michael Maguire

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trugoy

Trugoy

Toovey was one of the toughest and most fearless to play the game. He started out in first grade as a tiny choir boy looking halfback and ended up a gravelled and worn, wily old hooker. (the dummy half kind haha)
The punishment he used to cop on the field..guys twice his size couldn’t handle.
I remember seeing him half unconscious and bloodied so often I used to wonder how he lasted so many years playing the game.
As a coach he has come across as an angry little dude sometimes but it ain’t no small man syndrome, he’s a legit hearty dude.
A couple of years back when he was coaching Manly he used to guest each week on NRL 360, he ain’t no mug, knows footy.
In an international footy environment, rather than the NRL grind, I think he could be great.

My first choice for Kiwis coach would be Michael Macguire but if they went with Toovey I’d be happy for the guy and would be keen as to support and see what he can do.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Defence

Defence

POLL ADDED

Michael Maguire for mine. He is good at getting teams running full peak right off the bat. Hopefully the limited time he spends with players will ensure there is no Rabbitohs type mutiny...

And yet u voted hasler......

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
And yet u voted hasler......
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Edited.

Des Hasler would still be a good choice but I doubt very much the NZRL will want to pay for all the support staff, therapies and gizmos he would want as part of the package...

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
AlexM

AlexM

Toovey , probably the most keen out of the 4.
No to hasler - look what happened to Canterbury he would have Eastwood chugging around all day

Maguire for no.2
Daly is a non contender imo. Brings nothing.

Reactions: 1 users
Mr Bob

Mr Bob

Contributor
I would be proud to have a Daley L as coach.

He is a legend

They named an award after his brother Daley M so you know he’s from good stock

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
FAN

FAN

Edited.

Des Hasler would still be a good choice but I doubt very much the NZRL will want to pay for all the support staff, therapies and gizmos he would want as part of the package...

Or locker room doors........

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Give the job to David KIDwell! He was involved with Parra as their defensive coach for a week and the had a big win over Manly!!!

Any of the candidates would be good IMO, there is something about Toovey and Maguire that stands out.

playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
I would be proud to have a Daley L as coach.

He is a legend

They named an award after his brother Daley M so you know he’s from good stock

His other brother is Arthur ... Arthur Daley.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Pozza

Pozza

Edited.

And the interpreter can anyone understand what’s he’s saying half the time

• Haha
Trugoy

Trugoy

Edited.

Dessie : Ok boys, here’s the game plan..
CD5C8B3C C7D6 42ED A641 B5A08F1AC17A

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Aman

Aman

How the hell did Betham and Bell end up on a coach selection panel. Geezus.

And a netball coach? Thank god the warriors are going well. Dark days for the kiwis up ahead. Just let fucking SK and Corvo do the kiwis as well I don’t see the problem

Trugoy

Trugoy

And a netball coach? Thank god the warriors are going well. Dark days for the kiwis up ahead. Just let fucking SK and Corvo do the kiwis as well I don’t see the problem
2 reasons bro
1. SK doesn’t want to do it
2. You know what they say bout wearing too many hats? I’m happy with him focusing on just the Warriors thanks bro.

bunnyglory

bunnyglory

Toovey and Hasler waterboys
Madge and Daley Coach and assistant

Reactions: 1 user
Boats n Hoes

Boats n Hoes

Thank god they got rid of that godawful "kiwi's only" rule. Sick of budget rookies out of their depth.

Impressed with the stature of applicants that actually want to lead our Kiwi campaign. I'm ok with any of them really but I'm leaning towards Hasler or Madge.

Hopefully whoever it is means Benji's Kiwi exile is now over.

For mine easily the best person to partner Shaun in the halves. He's no longer the flash eddie type and plays that Blake Green controlling role that complements Shaun Johnson.

warriors4eva

anyone else ? not keen on any of those guys

mind you, will it fix the 17 guys on the paddock that played shit at the world cup ??

Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

I thought the NZRL were skint, none of the coaches mentioned here would come cheap I’d guess?

Old Sid

anyone else ? not keen on any of those guys

mind you, will it fix the 17 guys on the paddock that played shit at the world cup ??
Definitely not keen on any. They will be looking over their shoulder all the time and as soon as an NRL gig comes up every one will jump ship.

I'd rather opt for a Jones/mentor combination or perhaps Brian Smith/Jones

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
I thought the NZRL were skint, none of the coaches mentioned here would come cheap I’d guess?

Hasler for sure, and possibly Maguire got released early from their club contracts, so they getting paid to sit at home for the moment. Only problem with Maguire is he's probably the next in line for an NRL job, so wouldn't be a long term option. Toovey might be ways off getting his next chance, voted for him.

Brother Faisal

Brother Faisal

Weirdly enough I would go with a local coach. Someone from inside the NZRL coaching list. I don’t think we need nrl quality coaches to coach six games a year. The biggest problem is keeping egos in check, noses off tables and keeping the culture strong. Kidwell was a muppet and was surrounded with absolute crap in assistance and managers. Have a nz coach but surround him with the most professional of support staff. Similar to what Kearney has at the moment. Kearney isn’t a great coach but he was at his best in the kiwis when he had great trainers and support staff

Status
Not open for further replies.