TeamList [2023, Finals Week 1] - Penrith Vs Warriors

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Afternoon
12:00

Team Lists

Shit that’s pretty much our first choice 1-17!! That bench, feels so good to have the Bald Brothers back. That Tevaga try vs cowboys with Dylan walkers assist is one of my top 3 moments this year

Sironen has been playing well barring last week, and Josh Curran is an absolute dawg

I would’ve picked the same team, but bunty over siro Personally. Just concerned with the size of our reserves, with jazz & walker both small middles & Curran an edge, siro utility. I also prefer Barnett off the bench. I also believe that walker can cover 9 if need be, Curran can move to centre, so no need to carry sironen. Just my 2c. However, it is the first time all year we’ve had everyone first grade worthy available & this is the side they’ve gone with. Fast, mobile & physical. Just hope when afb comes off, they can keep momentum up against Leniu & smith. Only reason I’m concerned is this is going to be a battle through the middle. Can AFB, tohu & Barnett stifle their attack long enough is the question. Panthers will keep coming and coming. I’m optimistic though, afb plays big mins but this is going to be ferocious, going toe to toe with Leota & JFH.

Wow go Jazz.

Happy to see him there, Walker is far more impactful with his twin playing.

That is the best defensive line up we could have named and the defence is the key for us in this one.

Hopefully the flogging at training that the guys have been getting overcomes the rests and the injury returning players lack of fitness.

I imagine we would have been doing a lot of opposed sessions this week.

Hope we get through this one without losing anyone.

Jazz is the big talking point, but if they use him right he certainly will get a good blow out for game two.

I hope Jazz is up for this and doesn't overplay the niggly shit.

I was hoping for Bunty starting and Barnett on the bench instead of Jazz but that's my only real thoughts on the side named. It's about as strong of a team as we can name and if we can absorb the early pressure, get at least a fair share of possession and hopefully finish over the top of them late.

Panthers to win 36-12 their just way to good and being finals now at home with a packed out crowd, I fear for us in this game could potentially make or break us for week 2 of finals hopefully not but anyway would be a great season none the less. ready for next year and hopefully a handful of great seasons ahead

Penrith do not have a big forward pack.
JFH and Leota not big props. Martin and Sorenson barely average size for 2nd row and Yeo decent enough for 13.

I would’ve picked the same team, but bunty over siro Personally. Just concerned with the size of our reserves, with jazz & walker both small middles & Curran an edge, siro utility. I also prefer Barnett off the bench. I also believe that walker can cover 9 if need be, Curran can move to centre, so no need to carry sironen. Just my 2c. However, it is the first time all year we’ve had everyone first grade worthy available & this is the side they’ve gone with. Fast, mobile & physical. Just hope when afb comes off, they can keep momentum up against Leniu & smith. Only reason I’m concerned is this is going to be a battle through the middle. Can AFB, tohu & Barnett stifle their attack long enough is the question. Panthers will keep coming and coming. I’m optimistic though, afb plays big mins but this is going to be ferocious, going toe to toe with Leota & JFH.
I was Team Bunty when he was out of first grade for a few weeks, but he didn't really make the impact I'd hoped when he got back in the top side, so I'm fine with Barny starting and Jazz on the bench, they both offer a lot more when they're mistake-free, and they'll need to be.

Back