Internationals Kiwi Legends

Reaction score
Pozza

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
The big English forward your referring to would have been Phil Lowe. Ron Turner the Cronulla hooker sorted him out in the GF that year, flying kick to Lowes leg. Lowe never finished the game.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
The big English forward your referring to would have been Phil Lowe. Ron Turner the Cronulla hooker sorted him out in the GF that year, flying kick to Lowes leg. Lowe never finished the game.
I am pretty sure that was Malcolm Reilly who had to go off in the final. If I remember the story he hurt his leg, went off to get it fixed, knew it wouldn't last so went back on for a few minutes and belted a few Cronulla players before going off. I will try and find a link for that. I was surprised I couldn't find a link about the fight at Brookvale Oval, that was headlines at the time.

Reaction score
Pozza

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that was Malcolm Reilly who had to go off in the final. If I remember the story he hurt his leg, went off to get it fixed, knew it wouldn't last so went back on for a few minutes and belted a few Cronulla players before going off. I will try and find a link for that. I was surprised I couldn't find a link about the fight at Brookvale Oval, that was headlines at the time.
100% correct Bruce it was big Mal, Phil Lowe played in the 76 GF against Parra

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
100% correct Bruce it was big Mal, Phil Lowe played in the 76 GF against Parra
I had forgotten abut Phil Lowe. I think he played for Hull Kingston Rovers in England. I cannot find a link about that fight at Brookvale. I think it was in 1974. I used to get Rugby League Week and it was all the news in there.

Here is a clip from the brawl involving Mark Broadhurst, the Kiwi
and one about the fight between Wests and Manly

Top Bottom